UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Officers time to clean up your backyard

7/20/14 9:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Paragon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GenErick - You couldn't ask the same question on the other 12 threads?
You're one of the problems with this place that people have been complaining about lately. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:22 AM
Rumblefish
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish - 
Rumblefish - Sean- you DO realize:
1. They're saying his death was CARDIAC in nature, not respiratory.

2. They were called
On him for breaking the law (selling illegal cigarettes),Not merely "helping break
Up a fight.

I read these in one of the several Internet articles, so take them
With a grain of salt.

These facts don't justify a mans death, but they DO change the dynamic
Of the story drastically. Phone Post 3.0

Could the respiratory issue possibly this might be a stretch but possibly lead to the cardiac problem? or be a contributing factor to?

sure, anything is possible, but I think that would be highly unlikely.

In adults, cardiac issues are usually just that-- cardiac issues. ESPECIALLY considering this guy was 400 lbs and obviously in shitty shape.

The fact that he's saying " I cant breathe" over and over means he CAN breathe.
If you can talk, you are able to move air.
see this all the time with patients. Obviously, the resulting struggle wouldve exacerbated the situation, though
7/20/14 9:22 AM
tjmitch
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit

How about when the police tell you that you are under arrest you don't act the fool? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:26 AM
Rumblefish
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch - 

"1. They're saying his death was CARDIAC in nature, not respiratory."

Cardiac issue caused by?  

If the cops had not attacked him, would he still have died at exactly the same time?

You do realize that if you rob a bank and someone in the bank has a heart attack as a result, you will be charged with murder, right?  You can't just say "well, he died of a heart attack....my robbing the bank didn't kill him, a heart attack did."    That shit doesn't fly.  You rob a bank, someone has a heart attack in the process, you are charged with their death. 

Why doesn't the same apply to cops who needlessly escalate a situation that could otherwise have ended peacefully had the cops decided to check their fragile egos and instead of increasing the violence, had simply backed off a bit and used a non violent approach?

Not to mention they used a choke which they are not allowed to use.  Plain and simple, the cops involved should be charged with murder.  

Dinglenuts-
Lets not get this twisted.

He was NOT ATTACKED.
They were attempting to subdue a NON compliant suspect. Plain and simple. Unlike you- I DONT have a FIXED view on ALL cop related issues. That is your fatal flaw. You are never, EVER able to side with law enforecement due to your deeply rooted hatred for them.

Whereas I call them as I see them A ot of times they are wrong. Sometimes they are right.

In this instance, they were not wrong.

The common denominator that you and these ciminals FAIL to recognize is- DONT RESIST AND THIS SHIT WONT HAPPEN. I dont see why this is so hard to understand...ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE NOT AN INNOCENT ANGEL!!

And I know all about vicarious liability. That has jack shit to do with a fat out of shape suspect dying of cardiac issues resulting from his resisting a legal order from law enforcement
7/20/14 9:40 AM
angryinch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"In this instance, they were not wrong."

So it is proper procedure to use a banned chokehold whenever you feel like it?

No matter how you look at it, the cop used a choke he is not allowed to use.  In your mangled logic, this was the correct course of action for the cop to follow?

WTF is wrong with some of you tards?  You claim to call it like you see it but then in a case like this where everyone sees the fact that the cop acted inappropriately, you claim the cop was actually acting appropriately?  

How is using a banned chokehold consdered "the cop was not wrong"?  Please tell me.  I'm dying to hear this rationalization.  

7/20/14 11:59 AM
angryinch

Well?  Come on, don't tuck now.  Just kindly explain to us how using a prohibited choke hold equals "did nothing wrong."

7/20/14 12:01 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle

arrested how many times prior?

come on ...
7/20/14 1:10 PM
tjmitch
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evay what Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:41 PM
GenErick
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Paragon - 
You're one of the problems with this place that people have been complaining about lately. Phone Post 3.0

I was messing with Sean, Im sure he knows it.

What problems have I caused to single handily change the OG?
7/20/14 4:53 PM
Thacommish
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumblefish - 
Thacommish - 
Rumblefish - Sean- you DO realize:
1. They're saying his death was CARDIAC in nature, not respiratory.

2. They were called
On him for breaking the law (selling illegal cigarettes),Not merely "helping break
Up a fight.

I read these in one of the several Internet articles, so take them
With a grain of salt.

These facts don't justify a mans death, but they DO change the dynamic
Of the story drastically. Phone Post 3.0

Could the respiratory issue possibly this might be a stretch but possibly lead to the cardiac problem? or be a contributing factor to?

sure, anything is possible, but I think that would be highly unlikely.

In adults, cardiac issues are usually just that-- cardiac issues. ESPECIALLY considering this guy was 400 lbs and obviously in shitty shape.

The fact that he's saying " I cant breathe" over and over means he CAN breathe.
If you can talk, you are able to move air.
see this all the time with patients. Obviously, the resulting struggle wouldve exacerbated the situation, though

*looks at video* Yeah im sure that was just his cholesterol flaring up.
7/20/14 8:34 PM
Sean Thompson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man me and this chick got home completely shit faced last night then saw this video and we both went 0 - 60 in no time at all. We were both so pissed off and drunk we were both making Purge plans. But a nice trip around home plate home plate fixed that.

GenErick no worries man was just in a hostile mood and easily aggravated.

Back to this video here is the questions I would like to ask?

-Does it really matter how many times he was arrested?
-Was he acting aggressively and putting the officers or himself in danger?
-At what point before the choke did they inform this man he was being placed under arrest?
-All I heard them asking him for was his ID, is that grounds for murder?
-At any point do you hear the police ask him to turn around to be cuffed?
-and do the police have the right to place you in handcuffs without formally arresting you?

A lot of thing go wrong here in my eyes, getting physical with someone should not be your first option it should be your last option. We can sit here all day long debating that but has anyone answered this question. If they were in fact Legally Detaining this man WHAT ARE THE CHARGES? If this was legal then the charges would have been a matter of public record, just to cover their ass they would have had something. Or is it that they need time to think up what the charges should be. Cuase if they don't know what charges then they should not have put their hands on him and he is well within his rights to not be detained, as he was clearly trying to assert when he was asking those very same questions to the officer.

Can someone explain to my why my train of thought in this matter wrong?
7/20/14 8:42 PM
GenErick
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU Sean

The most current events and the answer to all your questions can be found here.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=2345971&page=1&pc=193

7/20/14 9:07 PM
Sean Thompson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so from what I read on that thread, they were arresting him for illegally selling cigarettes?

Also it seemed these officers on his ass for selling cigs on a prior occasion and he actually Did nothing wrong on this occasion besides break up a fight. So is it really a stretch to thinking from prior instances of "Cigarette selling" this guy was targeted this time?

That's the problem when you go around rousting people up sometimes one may die on you and you should be held accountable
7/20/14 9:12 PM
FABombDropper

400lb guy died of a heart attack. Not sure that the police killed him. Probably 20 years of not giving a fuck about his own health has a little more to do with this than a scuffle with 5-0. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:32 PM
The Paragon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GenErick -
The Paragon - 

Apologies, I thought it was a genuine attack on op...people always like to jump on others about posting something already posted like they do it on purpose...I just don't think 99% mean too repost...1% goes the trolls I guess Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:38 PM
Gymrat209

He should have just complied kneeled down and licked the officers boots. Kidding aside resisting arrest especially being black is NEVER a good idea.
7/20/14 9:41 PM
GenErick

The Paragon - 
GenErick -
The Paragon - 

Apologies, I thought it was a genuine attack on op...people always like to jump on others about posting something already posted like they do it on purpose...I just don't think 99% mean too repost...1% goes the trolls I guess Phone Post 3.0

Aint no thing, have a VU
7/20/14 9:51 PM
CMX
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The police unnecessarily escalated the situation , a mans dead and none will pay for it Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:56 PM
The Paragon

GenErick -
The Paragon - 
GenErick -
The Paragon - 

Aint no thing, have a VU
I hit you with a VU as well Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:05 PM
theoutsiders
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GenErick - Wanna bump wieners?
this isn't surprising at all Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:54 PM
BarkLikeADog

"Can someone explain to my why my train of thought in this matter wrong?"

The main thing I believe *could* derail your train is the lack of context we're getting from a 5 minute edited video of an event already in progress. We barely know what's said on the part that we can see, much less what was said before the vid starts & during the edits, or the history between everyone involved.

To me, it appears very clear they all have shared history. It seems extremely likely that this was a recurring event right down to the argument, resist & takedown.

As a libertarian, I don't think government should have a monopoly on selling cigarettes nor use their monopoly on force to maintain one, & I'm definitely against police brutality & modern militarization of American LEO.

BUT I also don't find it especially useful to speculate based on a shitty phone vid that reveals a very small part of a much larger story. Yes this guy's history is relevant, especially if it involves the same officers.

I don't like what happened, but the answer is almost always fight it in court with qualified help, not on the street.
7/21/14 12:03 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many cops were there?
Bc the guy was selling cigarettes?
Are there no rape, murder, or assault cases they could be working on? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.