UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> My neighbor was killed in Gaza

7/20/14 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mexican Janitor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOB - I feel sorry for the 4 innocent children the IDF bombed playing soccer on a beach.
This. Phone Post
7/20/14 7:31 PM
TexDeuce
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:06 PM
redwhiteandblues
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
7/20/14 9:15 PM
NotTheNoobURLooking4
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bootsy Collins - 
NotTheNoobURLooking4 - 
BTS - 

He was an IDF soldier that died in a recent incident in Israel's current operation in Gaza. Woke up this morning to the sounds of his mom's screaming, it was horrible. The news should reach the press soon.

Didn't know him personally but I know his brother fairly well.

I hope this doesn't turn into a hate-feud thread, just wanted to share my emotional perspective.

War is Fucking Awful

What you did there.....

you've been VTFU

7/20/14 9:15 PM
ChrisChronic
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:34 PM
CaughtItFromARua
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Tiger Man - So sorry.
If the pals dropped their weapons and said they wanted peace there would be peace. If Israel dropped their weapons and said they wanted the peace the Arabs would drive them into the sea...... Phone Post 3.0
I think you or someone else has said this on another thread. I agree with this 100%. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:36 PM
Adam_RetreatHell
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:24 PM
CrocodileDundee

Corn Nuts - This is what happens when there is ground combat as opposed to dropping bombs on civilian populations from a cowardly distance in the sky.
This... Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:14 PM
emu67

Totally agree that war is a necessary evil and I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Isreal needs to fight to show they won't roll over - unlike someone we have in US Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 5:55 AM
BTS
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meant to post it on the OG not UG.

Anyways thanks for the support.

7/21/14 6:11 AM
Jesús X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn
7/21/14 6:55 AM
garythekid
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Washam - All over a bunch of stuff that isn't even real... Phone Post 3.0
This simple statement is the most correct thing anyone had ever said about this mess. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 8:08 AM
David@accu

JOB - 
CaughtItFromARua - 
ramaham - Sorry for anyone to die...but the one sided massacre is pathetic...yet no country will stand up and say something..

Despite my extreme bias, my thoughts are still with yours during this time Phone Post 3.0
No other country would stand by idly while a neighboring country shoots rockets across its borders.

When the Palestinians stop the Jews should stop.

Ultimately, war is terrible but stop acting like the Palestinians are innocent victims. Police your own. If it's Hamas causing problems and you're a Palestinian that doesn't want issues, root out Hamas. Their beginnings are as a terrorist organization that has vowed to never recognize Israel. What should Israel do? Why shouldn't they respond? Phone Post 3.0

"No other country would stand by idly while a neighboring country shoots rockets across its borders."

No country would stand idly by while illegal settlements were created at the expense of the local population.

I love the "Israel has the right to defend itself" narrative. But Palestinians never seemingly have that same right. Meanwhile, Israel gets to kill countless civilians in the name of defending themselves and not ever be held accountable for it.

When did Palastine become a country? Go ahead, I'll wait.

P.S RIP

7/21/14 8:23 AM
powerful mary jane

JOB -
CaughtItFromARua - 
ramaham - Sorry for anyone to die...but the one sided massacre is pathetic...yet no country will stand up and say something..

Despite my extreme bias, my thoughts are still with yours during this time Phone Post 3.0
No other country would stand by idly while a neighboring country shoots rockets across its borders.

Ultimately, war is terrible but stop acting like the Palestinians are innocent victims. Police your own. If it's Hamas causing problems and you're a Palestinian that doesn't want issues, root out Hamas. Their beginnings are as a terrorist organization that has vowed to never recognize Israel. What should Israel do? Why shouldn't they respond? Phone Post 3.0

"No other country would stand by idly while a neighboring country shoots rockets across its borders."

No country would stand idly by while illegal settlements were created at the expense of the local population.

I love the "Israel has the right to defend itself" narrative. But Palestinians never seemingly have that same right. Meanwhile, Israel gets to kill countless civilians in the name of defending themselves and not ever be held accountable for it.
Really though if Hamas stopped the rockets today israel would stop retaliating. Only a few days ago Hamas broke the ceasefire after it had only begun. Take ur antisemitism elsewhere u pagan! Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 8:26 AM
Dan O'Connell
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rip
7/21/14 9:07 AM
BTS
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOB - 
CaughtItFromARua - 

Unfortunately, I see this factual misunderstanding time and time again.

There are two separate geographic areas populated by Palestinians and which are governed or semi-governed by a Palestinian autonomy. One is Gaza which is ruled by Hamas and the other is the West Bank which is ruled by Fatah. You point to the source of the Israeli injustice based on Jewish settlements of Palestinian land. This could make a viable claim in regards to the West Bank where there are still Jewish settlements. However, this argument is totally irrelevant to Gaza; Israel has unilaterally withdrawn from Gaza in 2005.

After finally gaining control of Gaza and instead of trying to advance the Palestinians' interests and their welfare, Hamas has continued to engage in violence in the last decade. On the other hand (though it's certainly been rocky) Israel and Fatah have been in diplomatic negotiations recently.

Nonetheless I hope the violence from both sides will stop soon. 

If anyone has any historical or factual questions I'll be happy to give my own understanding of the situation and input. I'll try to be open and unbiased but it's probably impossible to be completely objective.

7/21/14 9:10 AM
Fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.

So much ignorance and hatred on this thread.

Sorry for your loss.

RIP.

7/21/14 10:56 AM
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"When did Palastine become a country? Go ahead, I'll wait."

The Palestinian territories are internationally recognised, and have UN status.

So your question is pointless. In fact, it's a underhand way of suggesting that there is no Palestinian nation, and that such a nation has no merit. Meanwhile, the globe recognises the any future Palestinian state to consist broadly on the 1967 lines.

"There are two separate geographic areas populated by Palestinians and which are governed or semi-governed by a Palestinian autonomy. One is Gaza which is ruled by Hamas and the other is the West Bank which is ruled by Fatah. You point to the source of the Israeli injustice based on Jewish settlements of Palestinian land."

No, I don't point to any single point of injustice. Settlements are one issue of a range of a number of issues affecting the Palestinians.

It may be true that the settlements are in the West Bank, but the West Bank is a part of the Palestinian territories. The notion that Palestinians in Gaza would ignore infringements upon their territory of a pending future state is absurd. I have a number of friends from both the West Bank and Gaza, and I assure you - the issue of settlements is a contentious one irrespective of what area they live in.

As for Gaza itself - it is essentially an open air prison. The people there live in extreme poverty, where their infrastructure (from schools to hospitals) is routinely destroyed by Israel - and where rebuilding their infrastructure is almost next to impossible as building materials are blocked via the blockade.

There is no freedom of movement, and the death toll of Palestinian civilians there at the hands of the IDF is out of control. Anytime an Israeli bombing campaign occurs, they have nowhere to go to - which is visible in the deaths count of civilians.

The whole issue could be resolved if Israel agreed to lift the blockade on Gaza, retreat the settlements in the West Bank and agreed to a 2-state solution based on the '67 lines.

Alas, anytime any sort of peace settlement is pending - Israel gives the go ahead for more building of settlements, which in turn infuriates the Palestinians (and rightly so).

As for accusations of antisemitism - I won't even dignify it with a response. Criticism of Israeli policy is not antisemitic, and trying to stop criticism via ill-founded ad hominem attacks won't get you very far.

7/21/14 11:02 AM
Fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The whole issue could be resolved if Israel agreed to lift the blockade on Gaza, retreat the settlements in the West Bank and agreed to a 2-state solution based on the '67 lines."

Maybe.

It might ALSO stop if Hamas chills the fuck out.

Stop blaming one side. It's two sides that are the problem. Both of them.

7/21/14 11:02 AM
Harlem Savoy
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Max Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 11:05 AM
alkysmurf
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would tell a weakling to not pick fights with trained professionals.

I would also like to point out you can't pick a fight, get your ass kicked then claim to be the victim because the punches you threw punches didn't land, and the guy your fighting is a pro boxer, who STILL shows amazing restraint in not simply destroying you. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 11:19 AM
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes - 

"The whole issue could be resolved if Israel agreed to lift the blockade on Gaza, retreat the settlements in the West Bank and agreed to a 2-state solution based on the '67 lines."

Maybe.

It might ALSO stop if Hamas chills the fuck out.

Stop blaming one side. It's two sides that are the problem. Both of them.

I have already accepted that Hamas are a huge problem. We are not in disagreement here. But their strength is also the result of the conditions in which the Palestinians live.

Being from Ireland, I totally understand what drives recruitment into Hamas. When some Palestinian kid sees their family being blown up - the only way they have to vent that anger is through violence. It's a never-ending circle of hatred, like I said on facebook. When we sat down here in Ireland and worked on bettering the conditions for the people, and giving them a real voice - the violence went away.

Do you really think I want Islamic fundamentalists like Hamas as the governing authority in Gaza? Absolutely not. But what I do want is conditions in Palestine in which the civilians have a good quality of life. Do this, as Hamas will slowly but surely be relegated into obscurity.

7/21/14 11:22 AM
Fabes

Of course not, but that's because I know you.

It's the chicken/egg thing with these two.

You know how I feel. I want peace and better leadership on both sides.

7/21/14 11:27 AM
JOB

We want the same thing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.