UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Staten Island man not killed by police chokehold

7/20/14 12:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nitecrawler
1981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

Apparently there was no damage to his windpipe or neck bones and apparently it was a heart attack that killed him.

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out as I feel people are already emotionally involved in this case, and regardless of emerging facts, have already made up their mind.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/man-in-chokehold-death-had-no-throat-damage-autopsy/ Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:14 PM
Got Reach
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In early Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:20 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many times prior was the guy arrested?
7/20/14 12:23 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read it was due to his ashma attack, caused by the scuffle..so in essence it was the cops or his own fault..which ever side u take Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:27 PM
Arglebargle
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch - 

Again I ask, if the actions of the cops didn't kill him, then I presume that you are claiming that he would have died at the exact same time in the exact same manner had the cops not assaulted him, right?

His heart killed him. It usually does. Fuck worrying about terrorists it's usually your own heart that gets you in the end.
7/20/14 12:38 PM
RubberFistofFury
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch -

Again I ask, if the actions of the cops didn't kill him, then I presume that you are claiming that he would have died at the exact same time in the exact same manner had the cops not assaulted him, right?

His decision to resist, and therefore raise his heart rate to a dangerous level for his condition, most likely caused his heart attack. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:38 PM
mixedmartialfarts
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arglebargle -
angryinch - 

His heart killed him. It usually does. Fuck worrying about terrorists it's usually your own heart that gets you in the end.
Our collective hearts are the Taliban, basically. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:44 PM
nobadanymore
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RubberFistofFury -
angryinch -

His decision to resist, and therefore raise his heart rate to a dangerous level for his condition, most likely caused his heart attack. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, definitely not the prohibited choke hold. Or the suffocation. Or the lack of cpr while officers stood around looking at his lifeless body for over 5 minutes.

None of that contributed in any way.

It was coz he was fat. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:45 PM
beerbelly
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OuTkAsTTTTT69 - I read it was due to his ashma attack, caused by the scuffle..so in essence it was the cops or his own fault..which ever side u take Phone Post 3.0
If a doctor says his heart would have given out at the same time as this incident, I'm good. Otherwise if we are saying that people with heart conditions were predisposed to die deserves it in a cop setting disturbs me. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:46 PM
KneeUpperCut Ios

"HA! HAAAAA!"

-Nelson laugh
7/20/14 12:47 PM
Nitecrawler
1981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RubberFistofFury -
angryinch -

Phone Post 3.0
KneeUpperCut Ios

OuTkAsTTTTT69 - I read it was due to his ashma attack, caused by the scuffle..so in essence it was the cops or his own fault..which ever side u take Phone Post 3.0

????

Now after the autopsy - they've revealed it was in fact a heart attack. So who gives a shit what you read.
Testiculos Ferro

Choke holds, even when properly applied, can stop the heart. They likely did kill this guy.
7/20/14 12:48 PM
possum jitsu
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP's cancerous testicle - How many times prior was the guy arrested?
I don't really see how that would matter. Do police usually know ones record when they arrest them? Phone Post 3.0
Nitecrawler

nobadanymore -
RubberFistofFury -
angryinch -

Yeah, definitely not the prohibited choke hold. Or the suffocation. Or the lack of cpr while officers stood around looking at his lifeless body for over 5 minutes.

He was still breathing when put in the ambulance so the "No CPR" is a moot point. Phone Post 3.0
TheBearStare
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:51 PM
Nitecrawler

possum jitsu -
I don't really see how that would matter. Do police usually know ones record when they arrest them? Phone Post 3.0
When he's been arrested 31 times, 4 for the same offense around the same location I would say yes. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:52 PM
possum jitsu
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nitecrawler -
RubberFistofFury -
angryinch -

Phone Post 3.0
Take a stance. You're like a politician. So you think that the police were no fault? Not even a little? You think that it's this man's fault that he is dead?

The guy was selling loosies and he needed to be detained? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:54 PM
Team GDP's cancerous testicle

Nitecrawler - 
possum jitsu -
When he's been arrested 31 times, 4 for the same offense around the same location I would say yes. Phone Post 3.0

and besides that, it's the same with most of these 'isolated incidents'. bums, multiple arrests, people on drugs. Fucks shouldn't be given so lightly.
7/20/14 12:54 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nitecrawler -
possum jitsu -
What crime? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 12:56 PM
RubberFistofFury
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nobadanymore -
RubberFistofFury -
angryinch -

He wasn't in cardiac arrest at the scene, so it would be stupid to give CPR. The choke across the front of the neck wasn't good, and I'm honestly surprised there was no damage. That could have easily contributed to his death, but apparently it didn't.

With any carotid neck restraint, you run the risk of stimulating the vagus nerves that run down the neck. These nerves regulate the heartbeat so any neck restraint can potentially adversely affect the heart, although it is rare. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:01 PM
possum jitsu

Team GDP's cancerous testicle -
Nitecrawler - 
possum jitsu -

and besides that, it's the same with most of these 'isolated incidents'. bums, multiple arrests, people on drugs. Fucks shouldn't be given so lightly.
Not much empathy huh? That's a shame and I feel bad for you. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:04 PM
thebronxbomber

nobadanymore -
RubberFistofFury -
angryinch -

How hard is it for some people to not take responsibility for your own actions? The guy resisted arrest. That's on him at that point. If he did not resist he would still be alive right now. That simple. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 1:04 PM
LittleC
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/20/14 1:05 PM
Thats pathetic. All the way through. How obvious is it that training plays a big part in this as well? Do I think they wanted to kill the guy, no. Did they, hell yeah they did and it's because they don't know shit. TWO guys should be more than enough to get a big guy like that down. One guy get the legs and one guy up top? Not super difficult. <br />

<br />LOL @ it being illegal for an individual to make a voluntary transaction with another human in the first place.<br />

<br />Free country these nutz.
7/20/14 1:06 PM
thebronxbomber

ThickS0lid N Right -
Nitecrawler -
possum jitsu -
What crime? Phone Post 3.0
Illegally selling cigarettes. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.