UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Staten Island man not killed by police chokehold

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/4/14 2:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
angryinch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yep, the retaliation begins. Cop kills someone. Cop gets caught on video. Department retaliates against the guy who shot the video.

"This is what happens to you when you film cops breaking the law!!"
8/4/14 4:58 PM
RockTheVote
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch - yep, the retaliation begins. Cop kills someone. Cop gets caught on video. Department retaliates against the guy who shot the video.

Then break the law. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 6:00 PM
rushinbear
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of all the stakeouts, THEY just so happen to arrest the guy who just videotaped the murder of a person by the police. Right, pure coincidence!!! *lol*

The message is that if you film the cops then you will be watched very very closely while the other criminals are out having a field day!
8/4/14 6:12 PM
angryinch

RockTheVote - 
angryinch - yep, the retaliation begins. Cop kills someone. Cop gets caught on video. Department retaliates against the guy who shot the video.

give me a fucking break. You can't possibly that stupid.
8/4/14 6:58 PM
Gforce
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

angryinch - yep, the retaliation begins. Cop kills someone. Cop gets caught on video. Department retaliates against the guy who shot the video.

What about the 25 times that the camera asshole was collared before this incident?

Did the police use ESP, and engage in anticipatory retaliation?

Between him and Garner, they have 50+ arrests total. They could count as a two man crime wave in many jurisdictions.
8/4/14 7:07 PM
ausgepicht

angryinch - 
RockTheVote - 

give me a fucking break. You can't possibly that stupid.

Well, he's right. The douchebag did break the law. I'm not buying for one minute that the police weren't watching him like hawks and knew exactly who he was, but he did break the law.

8/4/14 7:22 PM
angryinch

Gforce - 
angryinch - yep, the retaliation begins. Cop kills someone. Cop gets caught on video. Department retaliates against the guy who shot the video.

What about the 25 times that the camera asshole was collared before this incident?

Between him and Garner, they have 50+ arrests total. They could count as a two man crime wave in many jurisdictions.

So this last arrest right after he videotaped a cop murdering someone was just coincidence, right?
8/4/14 7:26 PM
Dogo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"So this last arrest right after he videotaped a cop murdering someone was just coincidence, right?"

Of course it's not a coincidence. It's a pattern, he's been arrested 25 times and he's only 22 freaking years old. He's ALWAYS getting arrested. Should they stop arresting him now because he shot a video?

I'd say if they didn't arrest him again it would be much more indicative of a conspiracy. Then I'd say they were avoiding arresting a lifelong criminal for fear of bad press.
8/4/14 7:31 PM
Stan Wang

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2350328/Medical-Examiner-Rules-Eric-Garners-Death-a-Homici/?&page=1
8/4/14 8:12 PM
RockTheVote
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ai there's plenty of real victims of police abuse. Why champion this one? Good thing George Zimmerman wasn't a cop... Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 9:14 PM
rushinbear
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gforce - 

sounds like the cops are getting him for petty crimes if it has been 25 times and he is not in jail. Either that or they cant make a charge stick. Lets spend the time catching the big fellas.
8/4/14 9:31 PM
RockTheVote

rushinbear - 
Gforce - 

sounds like the cops are getting him for petty crimes if it has been 25 times and he is not in jail. Either that or they cant make a charge stick. Lets spend the time catching the big fellas.

good point. on the other hand, maybe he could just quit committing crimes. this whole "they arrested the camera man!!!!" angle carries no weight since he was breaking the law when they arrested him.

8/4/14 10:18 PM
rushinbear

they targeted the petty crime badguy. note it says they have been staking out the place and saw him pass something to a female. my god, really. would be equal to pulling him over because he had a broken parking light.....
8/4/14 10:27 PM
rushinbear

LakerUp - You should take more time to familiarize yourself with repeat offenders and criminology rushinbear. Phone Post 3.0

what do I need to know that would make me believe it wasnt a coincidence? makes headline news, cop found to have choked a man to death, then man who filmed it gets arrested "again." Oh how convienent to make it appear it was because he was a repeat criminal who after what 25 arrests is not even locked up.
8/4/14 10:39 PM
Gforce
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rushinbear - 
LakerUp - You should take more time to familiarize yourself with repeat offenders and criminology rushinbear. Phone Post 3.0

what do I need to know that would make me believe it wasnt a coincidence? makes headline news, cop found to have choked a man to death, then man who filmed it gets arrested "again." Oh how convienent to make it appear it was because he was a repeat criminal who after what 25 arrests is not even locked up.

Probably just read a printout of his rap sheet. He probably gets arrested every few months--actually more often, because a lot of his time is spent in jail.

I'd say that he was due.
8/4/14 10:43 PM
Rough Bearing
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously he wasn't trade in the arts of Shadow Boxing or the Wu-Tang.
8/4/14 11:06 PM
angryinch

RockTheVote - 
rushinbear - 
Gforce - 

good point. on the other hand, maybe he could just quit committing crimes. this whole "they arrested the camera man!!!!" angle carries no weight since he was breaking the law when they arrested him.

There are so many laws in this country (land of the free...) that pretty much anyone will break several laws on any given day. Follow someone for a day or two and you are bound to catch them breaking a law.

It's obvious that the cops had a hard on for this guy because he caught one of their own killing someone.

8/5/14 9:25 AM
Kneeblock
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid - I live in NYC and as a citizen and taxpayer I am happy for our hardworking and brave police officers. Some of which include 2 cousins and a best friend.

That aside this one precinct apparently had some of the worst of the worst cops. They shipped them to this area. Bunch of payouts from lawsuits.

Fact is we can't generalize a whole group of people whether it's based on race, religion or profession. We can't either sit here without knowing all the facts and blame the victim we also can't blame a "police state" each case is different. Personally I think the facts are coming out and I think that one cop is done for. Phone Post 3.0
Well said. NYC is a tough beat. There are undeniably some douchebag cops, but there are douchebags everywhere. I hope this guy gets what's coming to him. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 11:39 AM
RockTheVote

angryinch -
RockTheVote - 
rushinbear - 
Gforce - 

There are so many laws in this country (land of the free...) that pretty much anyone will break several laws on any given day. Follow someone for a day or two and you are bound to catch them breaking a law.

It's obvious that the cops had a hard on for this guy because he caught one of their own killing someone.

Then he was dumb. It isn't like he was Jay walking... Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 3:46 PM
Dogo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There are so many laws in this country (land of the free...) that pretty much anyone will break several laws on any given day. Follow someone for a day or two and you are bound to catch them breaking a law.

It's obvious that the cops had a hard on for this guy because he caught one of their own killing someone."

We must not even live on the same planet. Because somehow, in my world, I've lived 47 years without a single arrest. And obviously that's a near impossibility in your world, where everyone is breaking multiple laws per day which would result in an arrest record like the jackass in question.

In this case the law he broke was sneaking around a stolen gun - made worse by the fact that he's a convicted felon. At the time of this latest arrest he also had three other cases pending, but I suppose that is perfectly normal in a world where everyone is breaking several laws every day. I guess the cops knew he'd eventually record them and started following him around early just so he'd look like a criminal scumbag.
8/5/14 3:50 PM
angryinch

Dogo - "There are so many laws in this country (land of the free...) that pretty much anyone will break several laws on any given day. Follow someone for a day or two and you are bound to catch them breaking a law.

It's obvious that the cops had a hard on for this guy because he caught one of their own killing someone."

We must not even live on the same planet. Because somehow, in my world, I've lived 47 years without a single arrest. And obviously that's a near impossibility in your world, where everyone is breaking multiple laws per day which would result in an arrest record like the jackass in question.

In this case the law he broke was sneaking around a stolen gun - made worse by the fact that he's a convicted felon. At the time of this latest arrest he also had three other cases pending, but I suppose that is perfectly normal in a world where everyone is breaking several laws every day. I guess the cops knew he'd eventually record them and started following him around early just so he'd look like a criminal scumbag.

Most people in the US manage to live their lives without getting arrested. Most people in the US have also broken a ton of laws over the course of their lives.

Are you seriously going to tell me you've never broken any laws?
8/5/14 3:59 PM
tenchu

RubberFistofFury - 
angryinch -

Again I ask, if the actions of the cops didn't kill him, then I presume that you are claiming that he would have died at the exact same time in the exact same manner had the cops not assaulted him, right?

His decision to resist, and therefore raise his heart rate to a dangerous level for his condition, most likely caused his heart attack. Phone Post 3.0

A possibility, but one that doesn't align with AI's hate and bias.
8/5/14 4:01 PM
angryinch

tenchu - 
RubberFistofFury - 
angryinch -

Again I ask, if the actions of the cops didn't kill him, then I presume that you are claiming that he would have died at the exact same time in the exact same manner had the cops not assaulted him, right?

His decision to resist, and therefore raise his heart rate to a dangerous level for his condition, most likely caused his heart attack. Phone Post 3.0

A possibility, but one that doesn't align with AI's hate and bias.

Nor does it align with the ME's findings.
8/5/14 4:11 PM
Dogo

"Most people in the US manage to live their lives without getting arrested. Most people in the US have also broken a ton of laws over the course of their lives.

Are you seriously going to tell me you've never broken any laws?"

Of course not. And yet I've never been arrested. How many laws does someone have to break to have been arrested 25 times at 22 years of age? How many does he have to break to end up with a felony conviction at that age? How bad does he have to be in order to have 3 other cases pending when he got arrested for having this stolen gun?

The cops don't have to follow this jackoff around and set him up, he sets himself up over and over again because of his behavior. And it's not as if arresting him changes the video. And that's the crux of the complaint, the video itself, not the criminal scum who shot it.

Your argument is that they are sending a message to people who record them breaking the law. But if they followed a regular person around they wouldn't find them with a stolen gun.
8/5/14 4:32 PM
Sambist007
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP's cancerous testicle -
Nitecrawler - 
possum jitsu -
Team GDP's cancerous testicle - How many times prior was the guy arrested?
I don't really see how that would matter. Do police usually know ones record when they arrest them? Phone Post 3.0
When he's been arrested 31 times, 4 for the same offense around the same location I would say yes. Phone Post 3.0

and besides that, it's the same with most of these 'isolated incidents'. bums, multiple arrests, people on drugs. Fucks shouldn't be given so lightly.
Semantics.

Police brutality, police training, methodology, corruption and culture are all legitimate issues, and regardless of the medical specifics of how the guy died, this is still yet another example of the above problems, to various degrees.

Arguing about what exactly killed the guy is just evading the issue. Apologists tend to be good at that. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.