UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Israel taking heavy losses in Gaza

7/20/14 2:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
asskicker09
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sleeper....please see timeline above. Please comment. Thanks.
7/20/14 3:01 PM
asskicker09
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

t
7/20/14 3:05 PM
pidgey
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cue Matt Serra...
7/20/14 3:06 PM
Kinkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn can Israel just wipe out Palestine already??? It'll save the area future bloodshed. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 3:07 PM
asskicker09

This conflict has been going on a long time....and will probably continue for hundreds of years imo.
7/20/14 3:19 PM
thesleeper

asskicker09 - Is this timeline incorrect? It appears the major hostilities began after the UN resolution.

Nov. 29, 1947
UN Partition Resolution (GA 181) - Palestine was to be divided into a Jewish State and an Arab State; Jerusalem was to be internationalized. The resolution is supported by both the US and USSR. Arab countries and Arab league refuse to recognize the resolution. Detailed Map: UN Palestine Partition Plan Map - 1947

Dec. 1-3, 1947 Arab riots in Jerusalem. Beginning of Arab blockade of Jerusalem. The period to May 15, 1948 was characterized by numerous skirmishes, road ambushes, riots, bombings and massacres, whether organized by one of the other sides or spontaneous
Dec. 3 Irgun burns Rex movie theater in Jerusalem; Arabs attack Jewish vehicle on its way to Jewish quarter in Jerusalem, 1 killed, 7 injuries.
Dec 4 Two Jews and 3 Arabs injured in attack on Jewish bus in Baqa, Jerusalem. (Levi, 1986, p 431)
Dec 12, 1947
Irgun bombing at Damascus gate kills 20, wounds 50 (Levi, 1986, p. 432) .
Dec. 15, 1947 Arabs cut water pipes to Jerusalem; damage repaired by British; Jerusalem prepares for siege.
Dec 29, 1947 Irgun bombing at Damascus gate kills 12 Arabs, 2 British killed, 43 wounded (Levi, 1986 p. 433) .
Dec 30, 1947 The Haifa refinery riots and massacre-Irgun threw bombs from a speeding car into a crowd of Arabs outside the Haifa oil refinery; six killed and forty-two wounded. Survivors surged into the refinery compound and, along with some of the Arab refinery workers, attacked the Jewish refinery workers. In the hour it took for the British soldiers and police to arrive, forty-one Jews had been killed and forty-nine wounded.
Dec. 31, 1947 Old City Jewish quarter under siege.
Dec. 31, 1947 Palmach revenge for Haifa refinery massacre at Balad as Sheikh.
January 1948 Arab Salvation Army (also called Arab Liberation Army - ALA) are admitted to Palestine by the British, supposedly following a promise not to attack Jewish settlements. Their leader, Fawzi Al-Kaukji may have entered Palestine only in March. Jewish Agency concludes arms deal with Czechoslovakia, but most arms do not arrive until June 1948, after the British have left. The UN, including the US, had placed an arms embargo on Palestine. This did not apply to Arab countries including Transjordan. As independent states, they were allowed to acquire arms. The Jordan Legion received a steady supply of arms from Britain through the Suez Canal, at least until May 1948, including a large number of 25 pounder cannon at the beginning of 1948. Hagana agents purchased 20 Auster light aircraft in Britain, sold for scrap, rebuilt them and brought them to Palestine for use of the Haganah. Haganah later rebuilt Spitfires left by the mandate for scrap as well, but did not have real fighter and bomber aircraft until May 1948 when Czech Messersccmidtts (or Avia imitations) and B-17s purchased clandestinely were brought into the country.
Jan 4-5 Haganah blows up Semiramis hotel in Katamon. 40 killed 45 injured. (Levi, 1986, p 434).
Jan 6 Convoy to Jerusalem attacked at Sarefend (Tzrifin) by Arab Legion (Levi, 1986, p 434).
Jan. 7, 1948 Jaffa Gate bombing - The Irgun rolled a bomb from an armored car into the Arab crowd at the Jaffa Gate stop of the No. 3 bus (Collins & Lapierre, 1973 pp. 416 ff.). killing 14. Irgun car crashed and three were killed trying to escape. A fourth was caught, but was later freed by comrades (Levi, 1986 p.. 435).
Arab fire from Sheikh Jarakh on Beit Yisrael in Jerusalem kills 4. Five Arabs killed in counter fire.

Jan 9, 1948 Arab Liberation army Yarmuk battalion crosses into Palestine, attacks Dan and Kfar Szold; attack repulsed with the help of the British.
Jan. 12 Deir Yassin (near Jerusalem) - Arab village fight off attempted infiltration by Arab irregulars - one villager killed.
Jan 14, 1948 Major attack of Arab irregulars on Gush Etzion beaten off; 100-150 Arab dead. Jewish defenders have 3 dead, 12 wounded (Levi, 1986, p. 436)
Jan 16, 1948 Convoy of 35 - Jewish convoy to Gush Etzion, near Jerusalem, ambushed, 35 underground members massacred.

You missed what comes before 1947, obviously.
7/20/14 3:25 PM
thesleeper

Spider Rico - 
thesleeper - They have been preparing to take Gaza for years. Israel is colonizing Gaza. They have been expanding settlements on the West Bank for more than a decade.

Basically the strategy was this:

Slowly expand settlements over land claimed by the Palestinians while using the US to run interference. When the Palestinians get pissed off about that and begin an insurgency, call it terrorism and then retaliate.

This has been the cycle for decades. Israel is intent on conquering Gaza and colonizing the West Bank.

That is war people and what they wanted.
I dont know this but why is isreal hell bent on settling there? Is it nice land? Resources? Just to be greedy assholes?
You seem to know some shit, so thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Well, if you read your history you know that most Jews lived outside of Palestine before 1900. They were minorities in many different countries and lacked a homeland.

After the Holocaust, many of the European jews decided they couldn't rely on another country for their own security. So they put together an army along with a group of settlers and set up in Palestine, where the Palestinians lived but did not have a state.

How that happened is a long story, but the frat version is the jews occupied Palestine because they wanted a homeland and they were more organized and supported by the West after WWII.

The United States refused to let jews from Europe come enmass to the US so they tacitly supported their occupation of Palestine. Many american jews supplied funds and resources for this operation.

It wasn't legal according to international law when they did it, it was legalized afterwards.
7/20/14 3:28 PM
Justafriend

another incident

"Palestinian militants not only penetrated Israeli territory via a tunnel, they lay in wait for an IDF patrol to pass by. They attacked the patrol with RPGs, killing Major Amotz Greenberg, 45, and Sergeant Adar Barsano, 20. One of the Palestinians was killed, but the remaining eight fighters successfully retreated back to Gaza."
7/20/14 3:42 PM
jllamas

the jews started settling(occupying ,invading) in palestine before ww2 it actually started after ww1
7/20/14 3:50 PM
sewich

jllamas - the jews started settling(occupying ,invading) in palestine before ww2 it actually started after ww1
Pretty sire there were Jews occupying the holy land centuries before ww1. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 3:51 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Glovegate -
beerbelly - 
Chest Rockwell - Interesting how the article calls the Israelis "soldiers" and the Palestinians "terrorists". Phone Post 3.0
I caught this as well. I'm not pro Hamas or Israel but it disturbs me that fighters for their own historical territory are now called terrorists. Sets a precedent for our country I am not liking. Phone Post 3.0

They constantly launch rockets at civilians on purpose. How is that not terrorism?

Don't the Israeli soldiers wear standard uniforms and not hide behind civilians? Don't they fire warning shots at Hamas missile launching sites so Palestinian civilians can run away?
This. Phone Post
7/20/14 4:29 PM
Jambo888
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP's cancerous testicle - 
thesleeper - They have been preparing to take Gaza for years. Israel is colonizing Gaza. They have been expanding settlements on the West Bank for more than a decade.

Slowly expand settlements over land claimed by the Palestinians while using the US to run interference. When the Palestinians get pissed off about that and begin an insurgency, call it terrorism and then retaliate.

This has been the cycle for decades. Israel is intent on conquering Gaza and colonizing the West Bank.

slowest colonization ever of all time?

Mexico into southern US

China into western Canada

7/20/14 4:37 PM
CrocodileDundee

thesleeper - They have been preparing to take Gaza for years. Israel is colonizing Gaza. They have been expanding settlements on the West Bank for more than a decade.

It is known... Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 4:39 PM
GucciGucciGucci
949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hamas now claims they've taken 1 Israeli soldier prisoner
7/20/14 4:42 PM
Moke
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thesleeper - Well, they wanted war and so they have it. Kiss your US tax dollars goodbye...

lol, I'm gonna stand in front of your house and throw rocks at it 24 hours a day. And when you come outside to confront me I'm going to shoot you dead. And then I'm going to say, "He wanted war!"
7/20/14 4:43 PM
Lite
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kentpaul - I am sure Israel will even the score next week, then Hamas will kill some more in revenge for those killings, then Israel will kill some more Palestinian's after that to get there own back, in this never ending tit for tat war.

Israel has run up the score past any possibility of "even." But you are right that Israel will ramp it up after this.
7/20/14 4:44 PM
Moke
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chest Rockwell - Interesting how the article calls the Israelis "soldiers" and the Palestinians "terrorists". Phone Post 3.0

Is Hamas internationally recognized as a terrorist organization, yes or no?
7/20/14 4:50 PM
instantkarma
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GucciGucciGucci - Hamas now claims they've taken 1 Israeli soldier prisoner
I think Israel is on the wrong side of this but I feel terrible for this man right now. RIP Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 4:57 PM
thesleeper

Moke - 
thesleeper - Well, they wanted war and so they have it. Kiss your US tax dollars goodbye...

lol, I'm gonna stand in front of your house and throw rocks at it 24 hours a day. And when you come outside to confront me I'm going to shoot you dead. And then I'm going to say, "He wanted war!"

Lol, a more accurate analogy is the following, yours is using a very narrow historical timeframe.

I am going to come to your house and start camping on the front lawn. Then when all my friends show up with guns and lawyers, you are going to hide and plink at me with a .22. Then I invade your house and blow it up repeatedly because I want to take over the land and build a condo.
7/20/14 5:03 PM
Moke

thesleeper - 
Moke - 

Lol, a more accurate analogy is the following, yours is using a very narrow historical timeframe.

I am going to come to your house and start camping on the front lawn. Then when all my friends show up with guns and lawyers, you are going to hide and plink at me with a .22. Then I invade your house and blow it up repeatedly because I want to take over the land and build a condo.

Well if we're going to ignore boundaries drawn by the UN then I'll just call my local Indian reservation and say there's a bunch of squatters on your land and they'll take care of you and take your lawyer's scalp.
7/20/14 5:08 PM
IDXtreme

Chest Rockwell - Interesting how the article calls the Israelis "soldiers" and the Palestinians "terrorists". Phone Post 3.0

People often miss the subtleness of propaganda. Notice that everywhere our government invades, we are called liberators, and those defending their country are called terrorists despite having no connection to the outside world from their dirt huts.

Examples of this are springing up domestically as social engineering of the next generation will fear guns, cops, and turn in their parents for being radicals and domestic terrorists when they resist.
7/20/14 5:12 PM
domernd1
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

asskicker09 -
thesleeper - 
phydeau - The only reason the Palestinians have Gaza is because the Israelis GAVE it to them.

The only reason Israel exists is that they invaded the Palestinian territory with an army and then forced the pre-existing population to live in small portions of that former territory.

Read Perceptions of Palestine by a former CIA agent who had access to classified archives.

Pretty sure Israel exists based on a UN proclamation. All surrounding Arab countries attacked Israel immediately in 1948.
The only reason Israel exists is because Harry Truman had a lot of Jewish friends. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 5:14 PM
johnsonbarr
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*stares incredulously at the finger pointing*
7/20/14 5:14 PM
NORESPECT

Chest Rockwell - Interesting how the article calls the Israelis "soldiers" and the Palestinians "terrorists". Phone Post 3.0
Hamas is internationally recognised as a terrorist organisation Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 5:27 PM
IDXtreme

sewich - 
jllamas - the jews started settling(occupying ,invading) in palestine before ww2 it actually started after ww1
Pretty sire there were Jews occupying the holy land centuries before ww1. Phone Post 3.0

Many Jews were settled along with muslims living peacefully. Then the Zionisists began to settle there as far back as 1880.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.