UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Guy driving thru my neighborhood 45 in a 25 zone

7/20/14 7:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blipty_Blurred
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every single day. I have 2 kids under 10 and a wife (no pics, sorry). Pretty sure he is new to my neighborhood and everytime i see him I yell slow down. I cant stand that shit, find it a danger to my family, disrespectful and to top it off he thru the bird today as he sped by.
Im not a hard ass looking for trouble but I will protect my family at any cost and see him as a threat to my kids.
I have looked for him down the street but Im sure he rushes into his garage and closes the door quickly.
How should I handle this guy "civilly" as im 40, professional and not looking for a fight. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:13 PM
Uncle Ray Ray
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next time you see him come flying down the street roll a ball just in front of his car, Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:16 PM
Blipty_Blurred
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Ray Ray - Next time you see him come flying down the street roll a ball just in front of his car, Phone Post 3.0
He swerves to miss, flips bird again...then what? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:17 PM
groundfighter2000
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

World According to Garp his ass
7/20/14 7:19 PM
Rambo John J
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

put out a fake kid in clothing on the road. Made out of laundry, complete with hat.  Put it ridiculously close to traffic and move it around daily.

People will get the picture.  Or get his plates and make a complaint.

7/20/14 7:21 PM
RIPTJR_QuinTheEskimo
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let him know that you're not playing around.

Phone Post 3.0
BiggGunn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See if you can find a time when he does it each day, notify police. Phone Post 3.0
RockTheVote
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you confident you can kick his ass? spike strip. unsure? take down plates and call cops.

7/20/14 7:22 PM
BackOffWarchild
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be a man.  Follow that fucker home, ring his doorbell, and straight up tell him if he ever puts your kids in danger you are going to shorten his life expectancy.  You don't have to fight, if the guy is flipping the bird and dashing into his garage he's a gigantic pussy, and isn't going to want to fight.  Fucker probably won't answer his doorbell.  When he hears it ring and sees it's you his behavior will change.

Fuck, even Keyshawn Johnson punked Justin Bieber, while Keyshawn was in a fucking Prius. 

7/20/14 7:22 PM
Drunkie
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

putting something in the road is a bad idea. if he trys to avoid it and wrecks or hits somebody  you would be at fault for it. 

7/20/14 7:26 PM
Blipty_Blurred

RIPTJR_QuinTheEskimo - Let him know that you're not playing around.

Phone Post 3.0
Maybe a bit extreme Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:26 PM
Mike Wazowski
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a lot of cop/detective neighbors and they squash that behavior pretty well. non-familiars are checked on via license plate.

another neighbor down the street has a old school power wheels w/ a My Buddy lifelike kid/doll duct taped to it. Guy was going too fast in development he shoves the thing into the street just before he gets there. guy slowed down and goes "WTF?". Cop neighbor sees it and tells the guy to slow down.

problem solved.
7/20/14 7:28 PM
Blipty_Blurred

BackOffWarchild -

Be a man.  Follow that fucker home, ring his doorbell, and straight up tell him if he ever puts your kids in danger you are going to shorten his life expectancy.  You don't have to fight, if the guy is flipping the bird and dashing into his garage he's a gigantic pussy, and isn't going to want to fight.  Fucker probably won't answer his doorbell.  When he hears it ring and sees it's you his behavior will change.

Fuck, even Keyshawn Johnson punked Justin Bieber, while Keyshawn was in a fucking Prius. 

This is probably the next resort although will either escalate or he wont come to the door. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:28 PM
Mumbly Joe
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/20/14 7:29 PM
Blipty_Blurred

BiggGunn - See if you can find a time when he does it each day, notify police. Phone Post 3.0
This is good advice. He always comes home at 5. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:29 PM
microbiologynerd
1078 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Transportation dept and police Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:32 PM
Blipty_Blurred

Mumbly Joe -

WANT!! Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:33 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mumbly Joe -

Lol you must do this! At all costs find a way to make this happen. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:34 PM
Blipty_Blurred

Mike Wazowski - I have a lot of cop/detective neighbors and they squash that behavior pretty well. non-familiars are checked on via license plate.

another neighbor down the street has a old school power wheels w/ a My Buddy lifelike kid/doll duct taped to it. Guy was going too fast in development he shoves the thing into the street just before he gets there. guy slowed down and goes "WTF?". Cop neighbor sees it and tells the guy to slow down.

problem solved.
Now i just need a cop neighbor. Like the idea though. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:34 PM
Papi Chingon
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the 25mph zone really necessary on your street? I mean, is it really narrow with blind corners, or is it a straight street in a residential area where the speed limit is set low simply because it's residential?

If it's just a low posted speed limit because it's residential, I say live and let live. He has already shown that he could care less that you don't like it, and you have mentioned you are not looking for trouble.

If it's posted low because it would be unsafe going faster (narrow street, blind corners), then you have a legit issue.
7/20/14 7:35 PM
4pdboxing
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mumbly Joe - 

You win the Internet today Joe
7/20/14 7:39 PM
sublime13
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i.imgur.com/DRis7pN.jpg Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:41 PM
thewellhungarian
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stand in the middle of the street so he has to stop. Then talk to him about it.

It happens down my gravel road sometimes. I have kids and I also don't like the dust. My street is 10km/hr, private community. I usually just park the tricycle a little bit off the end of my driveway on the street for a couple of days and that slows the traffic down for a few weeks. then I have to do it again.

7/20/14 7:42 PM
Blipty_Blurred

Papi Chingon - Is the 25mph zone really necessary on your street? I mean, is it really narrow with blind corners, or is it a straight street in a residential area where the speed limit is set low simply because it's residential?

If it's just a low posted speed limit because it's residential, I say live and let live. He has already shown that he could care less that you don't like it, and you have mentioned you are not looking for trouble.

If it's posted low because it would be unsafe going faster (narrow street, blind corners), then you have a legit issue.
It is 25mph due to being a neighborhood. I would definitely say its a hazard when kids under 10 are playing, riding bikes, lemonade stands etc. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:46 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burning bag of dog poo on his front porch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.