UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Guy driving thru my neighborhood 45 in a 25 zone

7/20/14 7:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrFluffyHippo
1850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Break into his house and rape him.
Rape him reeeeeeaalll good.
Then whisper "drive slower please... Or I'll do something drastic..." When you leave. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:50 PM
Rogans secret stash
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Ray Ray - Next time you see him come flying down the street roll a ball just in front of his car, Phone Post 3.0
This. Neighbor did this a few times. (Before he moved.) got some bitch down the street who does about 35 or so. I'm just gonna launch a ball at her car. Fuck that cunt, it's a residential zone. I'll take my chances with the popo if I dent/break a window. I see the slow down speed kills signs on some people's lawns. They don't do shit. Short of you getting a cop to sit with a radar. Neighbor across the street yells at them as they drive by. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 7:54 PM
Blipty_Blurred
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT - Did you clock him at 45 or what? Phone Post 3.0
I did not however, after driving for the past 25 years i have learned to estimate when someone is going around a certain speed give or take 5 mph especially if it is under 60mph. I wouldnt consider this a special skill or anything, just something that requires a little experience with driving and awareness. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:14 PM
colubrid1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pick your battles.

I think this is not the right one.
7/20/14 8:19 PM
used2wrestle
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BiggGunn - See if you can find a time when he does it each day, notify police. Phone Post 3.0

this. There was a viral video last year about a lady who would avoid the school bus stop sign by driving on the sidewalk. She did it every single day so the bus drive called the police and videotaped it.
7/20/14 8:22 PM
Blipty_Blurred
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

colubrid1 - Pick your battles.

I hear you and have thought that it maybe a waste of time.
Then my kids want to go play outside and I get kind of nervous.
I think im going to stand outside with a camera and video as he speeds by. Might get him to think. Ill get his plate as well in the process. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:28 PM
In Limbo
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

colubrid1 - Pick your battles.

wrong

we have a similar problem, except its a bunch of diff people since our street is a cut through short cut street

we ahve bums on the road but some speead racers still blow by

with lots of young kids playing outside it is a real hazard

i dont know why you think this would not be a battle worth fighting

7/20/14 8:29 PM
In Limbo
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bumps* not bums

7/20/14 8:31 PM
StratTone
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree.

You have acknowledged a threat so the only adult choices would be call the police and tell children to not play in the road.

I would not recommend anyone scream slow down or anything for that matter to a driver and expecting it to do anything.

Calling the law is the only correct thing to do. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:31 PM
In Limbo

OP wait outside for that piece of shit and film him speeding so you at least get a plate

report to police

have the neighbors sign a petition or go to a townhall meeting to demand speed bumps, a temporary speed trap to catch and deter offenders, etc

7/20/14 8:32 PM
Louisvillain
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Set up some cones and pour a concrete speedbump.
Even if it's just 2" tall, he'll slow down. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:37 PM
RockTheVote
577 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When we were kids this teenager sped around the circle we lived on. Very fast. Fifteen kids playing in the road. He came back the next day so like five of us chucked crab apples at his car. Hit it a bunch and one went in his window and hit his girlfriend in the face. Screeched to a stop and got it to yell at us. Turned it into a lecture about how you can really hurt someone. We pretended to pay attention while we saw our step dad walk up behind him. Step dad kicked his ass. Not beat up, but smacked him and pushed him and slapped guys head. Step dad was a big dude. Teen got in his car and drove away. Never saw again. Lol. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:49 PM
Sambist007
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Papi Chingon - Is the 25mph zone really necessary on your street? I mean, is it really narrow with blind corners, or is it a straight street in a residential area where the speed limit is set low simply because it's residential?

If it's just a low posted speed limit because it's residential, I say live and let live. He has already shown that he could care less that you don't like it, and you have mentioned you are not looking for trouble.

If it's posted low because it would be unsafe going faster (narrow street, blind corners), then you have a legit issue.
He has issue either way. For one thing it is posted. For another speed limits aren't set with just the danger to drivers in mind. Danger to the public is also considered. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:49 PM
Sambist007
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*a legit issue Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 8:57 PM
NineFightFour
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You own a radar gun? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:00 PM
Gymrat209
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make a sign that says Speed Limit 25 - Hit my child and you won't need a Lawyer. I seen that in someone's yard pic. He'll the the idea hopefully if not follow him home and ask him if he can slow it down or film if and notify police all though that is kinda beta.
7/20/14 9:01 PM
WarDog_94
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe don't let your kids play on a road... Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:02 PM
Pat Giles
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StratTone -

I agree.

You have acknowledged a threat so the only adult choices would be call the police and tell children to not play in the road.

I would not recommend anyone scream slow down or anything for that matter to a driver and expecting it to do anything.

Calling the law is the only correct thing to do. Phone Post 3.0
You have got to be trolling right? I happen to yell "slow the fuck down." If you want a situation to arise over you breaking the law and me telling you not to, it's not gonna be a good day for you v Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:09 PM
dunc
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the tough guy talk is great for people that have nothing to lose. Starting a war with a neighbor and possibly getting into a situation that can get you in trouble is absurd. The longer you wait to do something, the more your blood is going to boil and when this guy finally does something to piss you off enough to cause you to follow him home you bet your ass you will be the one in jail.

If he drives too fast contact your local law enforcement agency with his plate and at the very least request they send a letter. If it doesn't do anything talk to a Sgt or above and request an Officer come out at the time he does this. If your local agency isn't shit this should take care of it.
7/20/14 9:13 PM
Crashdt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the people defending the speeder are retards.

If there is a certain time of day when he does this, just go out by the road stand in the road. He will stop, or he will attempt to blow by you. He will slow down, he isn't going to risk killing you over this. If he slows down and tries to pass you just move in front of him, he will stop. I've done this more than a few times. I have people move in and out where I live due to a military school. So every 6 months or so. And most don't understand 20 mph. So 45 isn't rare to see. Advise them of the speed limit, and the penalty/cost of a ticket.

And if you have your man pants on that day, let him know that risking your families life will result in the police being called, most likely on you when someone sees what you are doing to him.

At that point its your word vs his if he wants to call the cops on you at that point. Avoid any pranks or damage, it will only turn into a tit for tat until someone burns a house down. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:19 PM
Rambo John J
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drunkie - 

putting something in the road is a bad idea. if he trys to avoid it and wrecks or hits somebody  you would be at fault for it. 

IT is not illegal for your laundry to rest on the side of the road and impersonate a child.

7/20/14 9:26 PM
Blipty_Blurred

dunc - All the tough guy talk is great for people that have nothing to lose. Starting a war with a neighbor and possibly getting into a situation that can get you in trouble is absurd. The longer you wait to do something, the more your blood is going to boil and when this guy finally does something to piss you off enough to cause you to follow him home you bet your ass you will be the one in jail.

If he drives too fast contact your local law enforcement agency with his plate and at the very least request they send a letter. If it doesn't do anything talk to a Sgt or above and request an Officer come out at the time he does this. If your local agency isn't shit this should take care of it.
This is great advice and this guy gets my situation.
Verbatim
VU Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:32 PM
Blipty_Blurred

WarDog_94 - Maybe don't let your kids play on a road... Phone Post 3.0
Really? Its a neighborhood.
In neighborhoods kids like to play and shouldnt have to be in danger in front of their house.... In a neighborhood!! Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:33 PM
Herbish1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is such an easy fix, all you have to do is get his license plate, be able to accurately describe the driver and the vehicle, go to your local police dept or court and sign a motor vehicle summons against him. Of course you'll have a court date set, you show up to court and explain the ticket, he'll have to defend himself.

I can't tell you how many calls I get about aggressive drivers passing through the town and I ask do you want to sign complaints and the answer 99% of the time is no, because they don't want to be bothered with going to court and think the cops should do their dirty work for them. It's rare that we find the car in question because of the time it took to call, give out the info, get to the area, etc. So we advise the next towns about these cars and the process just continues on and on.

It seems you genuinely care, so just go sign the ticket yourself, show up in court. Even if the ticket doesn't stick, at least you've inconvenienced this person and he knows if he's not careful, you may issue another one.

If you do go this route, don't try to sign a speeding ticket against him because you have no proof. A careless driving ticket would be more likely to stick.
7/20/14 9:34 PM
GucciGucciGucci
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does he drive down the street at a specific time ?

If he does...then tell the cops

There was a dude who was always zooming down my street at about 4 in the morning a few years ago.

I was woken up one morning due to flashing lights outside my bedroom window....I get up and look outside to see what it was all about....a cop had stopped the perp and was giving him a ticket....dude stopped zooming down the street after that

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.