UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Guy driving thru my neighborhood 45 in a 25 zone

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/20/14 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blipty_Blurred
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GucciGucciGucci - Does he drive down the street at a specific time ?

If he does...then tell the cops

There was a dude who was always zooming down my street at about 4 in the morning a few years ago.

I was woken up one morning due to flashing lights outside my bedroom window....I get up and look outside to see what it was all about....a cop had stopped the perp and was giving him a ticket....dude stopped zooming down the street after that
Awesome outcome!!
1 for the good guys. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:37 PM
Herbish1
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot to mention, if you do know where he lives, and he does it, you can call the police and have them respond to the house to talk to him. However, a ticket won't be issued from the police because they didn't witness it, but it may scare him into obeying the speed limit.
7/20/14 9:37 PM
Blipty_Blurred
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herbish1 - This is such an easy fix, all you have to do is get his license plate, be able to accurately describe the driver and the vehicle, go to your local police dept or court and sign a motor vehicle summons against him. Of course you'll have a court date set, you show up to court and explain the ticket, he'll have to defend himself.

I can't tell you how many calls I get about aggressive drivers passing through the town and I ask do you want to sign complaints and the answer 99% of the time is no, because they don't want to be bothered with going to court and think the cops should do their dirty work for them. It's rare that we find the car in question because of the time it took to call, give out the info, get to the area, etc. So we advise the next towns about these cars and the process just continues on and on.

It seems you genuinely care, so just go sign the ticket yourself, show up in court. Even if the ticket doesn't stick, at least you've inconvenienced this person and he knows if he's not careful, you may issue another one.

If you do go this route, don't try to sign a speeding ticket against him because you have no proof. A careless driving ticket would be more likely to stick.
Might actually go this route. Well worth the time and effort that goes int it! Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:38 PM
ChicagoTom
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I face the same situation but it's more randoms then 1 specific guy. My neighbor told me that when he had young kids at home and saw someone speeding by, he would just kick a skateboard into the road so the car would hit it and fuck up the car. Seemed kinda of drastic but I like his approach. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:40 PM
pennviachoke
1350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I deal with this all the time..I'm constantly yelling at idiots to slow down on my street...lots of people flipping me off but nobody will stop. Its easily my biggest pet peeve Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:40 PM
Blipty_Blurred

Btw, he appears to be on his early 20s, probably lives with parents. If i can locate his house should i go talk to them when he is not home with video proof, hopefully with him and his middle finger? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:42 PM
NineFightFour
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have literally been yelled at to "slow down" on over 10 separate occasions. And not a single one of those times was i speeding. Heck the last time I was doing 20 in a 25 and this asshole actually runs down his driveway into the road just to yell. I stopped my car asked what his problem was, he starts yelling and cursing (I had a 2 year old in my car) told him to watch his mouth, told him to show me his radar gun, which of course he didn't like. Calmly told him how fast I was going not that he cared. This shit happenes so many times. People are fucking stupid. I have a loud car so for some people that equals going 45 in a 25 no matter how fast I'm actually going. They have made up their minds and nothing would persuade them.
Not saying you're making this shit up but how do you know he's actually going 45?

I would just run into the street and stop him if he's really doing this that often, calmly say to slow down next time or cops will be involved, heck lie and say you have him on film and you'd rather not use police but will if you have to. I'd bet money he would go slow as shit anywhere near your house after that Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:42 PM
chaplinshouse
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to all the talk of "no proof."  just set up a tripod with cam rolling around the time he normally drives by.  edit it into a neat file, put that on a thumbstick.  then when you talk to cops you call just hand it to the cop so he can load it on his in car laptop and now u both have a copy.  

7/20/14 9:43 PM
pennviachoke
1350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WarDog_94 - Maybe don't let your kids play on a road... Phone Post 3.0
Hey smart guy, what if he loses control from speeding and drives thru my yard & hits my kids? Should I make them stay inside?

My next door neighbor had to put a huge rock on the corner because people kept speeding around the corner & skidding thru his yard Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:45 PM
Herbish1
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - 

to all the talk of "no proof."  just set up a tripod with cam rolling around the time he normally drives by.  edit it into a neat file, put that on a thumbstick.  then when you talk to cops you call just hand it to the cop so he can load it on his in car laptop and now u both have a copy.  

When I say he has no proof of speeding, it's because he doesn't unless he has a calibrated radar gun and he's a certified radar operator. Being able to "eyeball" a speed is not going to fly in court. That's why careless is easier to prove. I didn't mean he has no proof of the guy driving like an asshole.
7/20/14 9:45 PM
WarDog_94
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blipty_Blurred -
Really? Its a neighborhood.
In neighborhoods kids like to play and shouldnt have to be in danger in front of their house.... In a neighborhood!! Phone Post 3.0
I don't condone the speeding but in my opinion I wouldn't let my kids play on the road. I personally would say something to him about his speed and if he doesn't stop call the cops but they wont do much unless the can actually clock him. We had the same problem in my neighbourhood and nothing was done. I'm not trying to be a dick but if some guy came charging up to my door asking me to watch my speed because his kids are on the road the first thing I would say is that his kids shouldn't be playing on the road. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:48 PM
WarDog_94
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WarDog_94 -
Blipty_Blurred -
In neighborhoods kids like to play and shouldnt have to be in danger in front of their house.... In a neighborhood!! Phone Post 3.0
I don't condone the speeding but in my opinion I wouldn't let my kids play on the road. I personally would say something to him about his speed and if he doesn't stop call the cops but they wont do much unless the can actually clock him. We had the same problem in my neighbourhood and nothing was done. I'm not trying to be a dick but if some guy came charging up to my door asking me to watch my speed because his kids are on the road the first thing I would say is that his kids shouldn't be playing on the road. Phone Post 3.0
Also unless the guy is speeding around a blind corner you should teach your kids to look both ways before crossing the road Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:56 PM
Blipty_Blurred

WarDog_94 -
WarDog_94 -
Blipty_Blurred -
Also unless the guy is speeding around a blind corner you should teach your kids to look both ways before crossing the road Phone Post 3.0
Believe me, i instill the "look both ways" in them everyday.
As far as the no playing in the street, I personally feel that is not an option. Kids should be safe and not be in jeopardy in your neighborhood.
If they are you need to remove the threat to their saftey. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:57 PM
Blipty_Blurred

Blipty_Blurred -
WarDog_94 -
WarDog_94 -
Blipty_Blurred -
As far as the no playing in the street, I personally feel that is not an option. Kids should be safe and not be in jeopardy in your neighborhood.
I do sincerely appreciate the advice though. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:59 PM
StratTone
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles -
StratTone -
colubrid1 - Pick your battles.

I think this is not the right one.
I agree.

You have acknowledged a threat so the only adult choices would be call the police and tell children to not play in the road.

I would not recommend anyone scream slow down or anything for that matter to a driver and expecting it to do anything.

Calling the law is the only correct thing to do. Phone Post 3.0
You have got to be trolling right? I happen to yell "slow the fuck down." If you want a situation to arise over you breaking the law and me telling you not to, it's not gonna be a good day for you v Phone Post 3.0
Nah not a troll. I just don't see the need to yell when you can pick up the phone and call someone. Yelling certainly won't get the person to rethink his actions. It can only escalate the situation is my point. Just my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:02 PM
WarDog_94

Blipty_Blurred -
WarDog_94 -
WarDog_94 -
Blipty_Blurred -
It depends on the population of your neighbourhood. If it's a high population then there will be more traffic coming and going which in inevitable and can't be helped therefor your kids shouldn't be on the road. If it's a smaller residential neighbourhood then it isn't as big a problem for them to be on the road. If I was on your situation I would go to his house and be polite about it. Don't go in guns blazing first time then there is a bigger chance he will be hostile right back. If he give you shit or does it again after you asked him to stop no more mister nice guy. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:04 PM
The Popeye
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just stop them, and get in their face.

Had some punk kid in daddies Corvette came to pick up his girlfriend who lived across the street. Fucker laid rubber for a good 20 yards one day.

My neighbors yelled at him and he flipped them off and kept going.

Next day he comes to pick up his girlfriend and I blocked his ass in her driveway and read him the riot act fucking kid was scared shitless, neighbors were standing in their front yards and I made him get out of the car and go apologize to them for being a little shit.

He did and we never had that problem again.

I also tossed a garbage can at a guy on a crotch rocket who was hauling ass up and down the street like 80mph just missed him, he slowed way the hell down after that.
7/20/14 10:11 PM
Skipper512
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick question..I live at a 3 way stop but people hardly ever stop and speed right through the stop which pisses me off..how do i go about getting speed bumps installed? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:11 PM
Blipty_Blurred

The Popeye - I just stop them, and get in their face.

Had some punk kid in daddies Corvette came to pick up his girlfriend who lived across the street. Fucker laid rubber for a good 20 yards one day.

My neighbors yelled at him and he flipped them off and kept going.

Next day he comes to pick up his girlfriend and I blocked his ass in her driveway and read him the riot act fucking kid was scared shitless, neighbors were standing in their front yards and I made him get out of the car and go apologize to them for being a little shit.

He did and we never had that problem again.

I also tossed a garbage can at a guy on a crotch rocket who was hauling ass up and down the street like 80mph just missed him, he slowed way the hell down after that.
You got more balls than i do, good for you.
Still, im not looking for a fight, they usually have no problem finding me. I will probably save the trash can and try a more subtle approach.
At first. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:16 PM
StratTone
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NineFightFour - I have literally been yelled at to "slow down" on over 10 separate occasions. And not a single one of those times was i speeding. Heck the last time I was doing 20 in a 25 and this asshole actually runs down his driveway into the road just to yell. I stopped my car asked what his problem was, he starts yelling and cursing (I had a 2 year old in my car) told him to watch his mouth, told him to show me his radar gun, which of course he didn't like. Calmly told him how fast I was going not that he cared. This shit happenes so many times. People are fucking stupid. I have a loud car so for some people that equals going 45 in a 25 no matter how fast I'm actually going. They have made up their minds and nothing would persuade them.
Not saying you're making this shit up but how do you know he's actually going 45?

I would just run into the street and stop him if he's really doing this that often, calmly say to slow down next time or cops will be involved, heck lie and say you have him on film and you'd rather not use police but will if you have to. I'd bet money he would go slow as shit anywhere near your house after that Phone Post 3.0
I wasn't going to bring it up but this used to happen to me as well when I was younger and into hotrods. I can't even remember how any times someone has yelled slow down and I wasn't speeding at all but my car was loud.

Maybe that's why I'm not one to yell now that i think of it. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:19 PM
GucciGucciGucci
1398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skipper512 - Quick question..I live at a 3 way stop but people hardly ever stop and speed right through the stop which pisses me off..how do i go about getting speed bumps installed? Phone Post 3.0

Call the city...probably the dept of public works...they are normally the ones responsible for the streets

Tell them there is a dangerous intersection and you've seen cars almost hit some kids because drivers refused to stop

Try to get some of your neighbors to call and complain too
7/20/14 10:20 PM
jomxwll
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roof nails Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:20 PM
BJTT-SGT606
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you know he's going 45? Would 35 be ok? How bout 30?

Fucking OG is turning into a fucking sewing circle. I am sorry I feel this way. I am 36 with 2 kids 13 and 10. 10 has special needs so I had to work real hard to teach her not to get hit by a car. I moved away from a subdivision when I could afford it because of pussies like you. Sometimes I'm in a hurry so yes I will drive a bit over the speed limit. I won't hit your kids. Please don't hit mine. Stop being a bitch and teach your kids not to get hit by a car. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:23 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one of those pieces of shit's in my neighborhood. He drives a shitty old suburban. He burns out and drives about 45 mph. There's so many kids on this block too. No one ever does or says shit to the guy. My 6 year old doesn't play with the kids around here so I have nothing to worry about, but considering my "gangsta" ass crip neighbors (who have like 8 kids in their household) I'm surprised no one says anything. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:23 PM
springfield
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe cops will do this for you or do it yourself.

Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.