UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Why can't old people figure out market lines?

7/20/14 9:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
checkuroil
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA

Never fails that when picking a line at the market, the one with the old people goes the slowest.

Doesn't matter the number of items or if they have to remove them from the cart: they take forever to get through Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:35 PM
j-money
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do they always use checks? GET A DAMN DEBIT CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/20/14 9:36 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably all the coupons. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:40 PM
VinegarStrokes
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya for real someone tell grandma to get a damn debit card. STOP WITH THE CHECK WRITING! And if you are going to write a check or use coupons GET THAT STUFF READY when she is ringing up your metamucil and depends damn it!

7/20/14 9:42 PM
13alls
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because they're old as fuck.
7/20/14 9:43 PM
Rhymenoceros
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife gets annoyed at me because I always game the supermarket lines. I look at the checker, the bagger, the people in line, what is in their carts, etc. Then I make an educated judgement about who is going to be the fastest and go in that line.

Old people are one of the key things I'm looking to avoid.
7/20/14 9:43 PM
Ghost of Corvelay
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you take more than 2 minutes at a self-check line, you fail at life.

7/20/14 9:44 PM
B Sharps
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't even get me going on the ones that decide to use the self check-out, then have to get the clerk working the 4 self check-outs to ring up all your groceries anyways. Come-on Grandpa, go to a regular check-out line!
7/20/14 9:45 PM
MediumRareMistake
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They must do it to troll people because they have nothing better to do Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:46 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either they pay by check, or they pay with cash and ALWAYS count out the exact change.. theyll spend 5 minutes handing the cashier exactlt $11.37 Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:50 PM
StratTone
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 36 and still use cash. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:51 PM
MDFLEX
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I'm old I'm gonna bug the shit out of everyone Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 9:55 PM
jasonhightower
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Never fails that when picking a line at the market, the one with the old people goes the slowest.

Doesn't matter the number of items or if they have to remove them from the cart: they take forever to get through Phone Post 3.0
Mix in an old Person working the register and you're double fucked. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:03 PM
Ryan Prouty
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Peoria, IL
My problem is people that pay with food stamps. They must car pool. 3 heaping carts of shit food and 5 people with 5 cards. Happens to me every time. It's always a cluster fuck.

Not tonight though. I went through the 20 items or less line with 27 items and I REGRET NOTHING!!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 10:08 PM
Ghost of Corvelay
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I go from Mother Theresa to Hitler in about 30 seconds of any self-check line trip.
7/20/14 10:08 PM
yellow's alphamalesouth
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another line to avoid is one that has a customer with WIC checks.

They have to ring up each wic check as a seperate transaction. If u see a single mom with young kids and a bunch of milk,eggs, and cheese in the cart go to a different checkstand even if the line is twice as long. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:32 PM
ferox13
724 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really. I'm not that slow. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/14 11:34 PM
Drunkie
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude they are old. going shopping is the highlight of there week. they wnat to make it last as long as they can

7/21/14 8:17 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG, lol at me, I stopped the line and asked the clerk for a paper towel to clean my glasses holding up the entire line for, oh, 30 seconds... (hangs heed)

7/21/14 8:48 AM
dangerboy12
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drunkie - 

dude they are old. going shopping is the highlight of there week. they wnat to make it last as long as they can

This.

I've cut meat at grocers for the last 18 years.

If you think old people take a long time at the check out, you need to watch their entire shopping trip.

First, they drive around the lot 10 times just to see if they can get a close spot.

Then, they walk super slow to the store, walk in, pick out a cart, pick up the sales paper, and read it right there at the entrance.

Don't get me started on how long it takes them just to pick out their god damned produce. They will check every apple on the display just to make sure theirs is the most pristine.

Then, in the meat market, if they need 1 pound of something, by god it has to be 1.00 lbs. 1.12 lbs is unacceptable. They will stand there and waste 5 minutes of their lives just so I can get them a pack with exact weight.

Any perishable items, they will dig to the back to get the farthest away date. Oh, wait, those still aren't far enough away! Dairy clerk! Get Ms. Jenkins some fresh milk out of the cooler! It obviously takes her three weeks to finish a half gallon!

But the whole time, they are just happy as fuck. It's like a kid going to Chuck E Cheese or some shit. They'll be in there for hours. When they get to the cashier, fun time is over. Gotta make it last.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.