UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Why even keep guys like Cummings around?

7/27/14 4:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Toquinho
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - OP is Daniel Cormier Phone Post 3.0
Lol :) Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 4:32 PM
TexDeuce
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOKUJITSU - I dunno, I enjoyed watching his grappling. I'm not a huge fan of him, but god damn I thought that wrestling was fun to watch. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 5:30 PM
Hard Aground
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/27/14 5:34 PM

It showed skill. Better than two guys with the defense of 5th graders just throwing wildly. He was "desperately" going for takedowns the same as others "desperately" try to punch. There is no default that the fight should be on the feet.

7/27/14 5:34 PM
kungfufedor

That was probably the first 30-24 in UFC history! Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 5:38 PM
MrHughes1991
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought it was one of the most one sided fights ever lol. i enjoyed watching pat, he was throwing hard shots and trying to finish kyle. it wasnt that bad of a fight
7/27/14 5:40 PM
CaptainAhab
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/27/14 5:41 PM
You are right, OP. The UFC should cut big stud wrestlers. They take away spots from women, guys who weigh 65 pounds, and shot fighters.
7/27/14 5:40 PM
comeonman1
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why even make a thread like this?? I was very Impressed with Cummings as Kingsbury is no joke and he rag dolled him. It's only Cummings second UFC fight and the first one he stepped up on a few days notice to fight Cormier and did a great job of selling the fight when no one knew who the fuck he was so props to him.

7/27/14 5:44 PM
lifeaftrprison
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard Aground -

It showed skill. Better than two guys with the defense of 5th graders just throwing wildly. He was "desperately" going for takedowns the same as others "desperately" try to punch. There is no default that the fight should be on the feet.

This Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 5:51 PM
pidgey
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf are you talking about OP? Cummins laid a beatdown on Kingsbu, did you see his face?
30-27 30-25 30-24, you think they give out these kind of scorecards for l&p?

It was a great, dominating performance.

7/27/14 5:56 PM
lifeaftrprison
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op is very typical fan , who believes grappling is easy and boring. I've hear so many say it's not hard to just grab someone or I could just get up from that. Or he's a pussy for wrestling. Lack of respect for grappling from the lack of knowledge or experience with grappling. Growing up most people only saw fights on TV or movies and they all were swinging. You feel just as best up from getting wrestled up as you do from getting punched. And frankly slamming someone on the street usually ends the fight. It doesn't help when the promoter figure head bashes guys who use their wrestling to control the fight. It's up to the fighter to defend the takedown just as it's up to them to defend a strike. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 6:01 PM
SporkChop

Edited: 07/27/14 6:01 PM
OP wants wang.
7/27/14 6:04 PM
TBA11

Gspthegoat - I'm sorry but man it makes me actually want to find something to do for 15 minutes and takes me out of the fight. That was horrendous , someone going in with the only gameplay to lay on top of you and continually go for takedowns desperately.

It was the same with Colton smith you knew he was just going to dive for takedowns and lay there with no intent on finishing. When I would see him on cards It just made me dread the fight.

Why even keep him? He's clearly not
Close to being the best and this is the UFC. Kingsbury was out of it and with any amount of continual punches on the ground it would of been over.

End rant but damn it really
Takes the excitement out of cards Phone Post 3.0
It's because you are not a martial artist and just a fan. You cannot understand what is going on. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 6:06 PM
BW92

I enjoyed his grappling domination of a pretty good wrestler but not everyone's an MMA fan
7/27/14 6:07 PM
TBA11

When will you fat nerds understand that NCAA Wrestling is the best fighting background Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 6:16 PM
BirdWatcher
581 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

akbar87 -
BirdWatcher - 
js138 -
BirdWatcher -
js138 - Did anybody else find the irony is his criticism about Cummin's yet his screen name is GSPthegoat? Phone Post 3.0
Irony being? Phone Post 3.0
That GSP went out and did the very same thing as Cummin's in a lot of fights? Phone Post 3.0
Can't be serious. Pat is 1-1 in the UFC. GSP is the most dominant WW we've seen. Phone Post 3.0

Cummins is 2-1 in the ufc
My mistake. Either way its a shit comparison. Pat did a good job and for someone to start a thread on why guys like him are around is ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 6:42 PM
rogerthat22

Cummins vs Shogun next?
7/27/14 6:44 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

his fight wasn't boring. when you see a high level of wrestling, it's interesting to watch.
7/27/14 6:46 PM
somebrownwhiteguy
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smth416 - You're a shitty mma fan and I sincerely hope you disappear. Phone Post 3.0
Hahahaha Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 7:42 PM
js138
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BirdWatcher -
akbar87 -
BirdWatcher - 
js138 -
BirdWatcher -
js138 - Did anybody else find the irony is his criticism about Cummin's yet his screen name is GSPthegoat? Phone Post 3.0
That GSP went out and did the very same thing as Cummin's in a lot of fights? Phone Post 3.0
Can't be serious. Pat is 1-1 in the UFC. GSP is the most dominant WW we've seen. Phone Post 3.0

Cummins is 2-1 in the ufc
My mistake. Either way its a shit comparison. Pat did a good job and for someone to start a thread on why guys like him are around is ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0
Okay go ahead and ignore my explanation. Comparison still works, OP hates Cummins wrestling style with no finish, OP loves GSP who in many defenses wrestle fucked guys from top with no finish. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 8:01 PM
Nexuscrawlers
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ontilt - That was not a boring fight, Cummins ragdolled Kingsbury on multiple occasions and beat him into the living death over the course of 3 rounds...I just don't understand how you could possibly think that was boring.
Agreed. Kingsbury is tough, but Cummings was going for the finish, he just didn't get there. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 8:11 PM
Nexuscrawlers
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dragoon247 - All you guys that were impressed with Cummins in that fight should go watch a Ben Askren fight to have your mind blown.
I do enjoy Ben askrens fights. I have seen laynpray, but Askren and Cummings are NOT laynpray fighters. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 8:21 PM
Karl Olsson
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LnP?
Didnt you see what kingsbu looked like when the fight was over?

I thought it was a Great fight and as other stated cum man has a bright future If he develops som more tools. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 8:28 PM
The Power Double
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't tell if OP is being serious or sarcastic to make a point. Of all the wrestlefuck decisions to pick on, this fight was actually cool to watch. He was ragdolling a bigger guy like it was nothing Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 9:46 PM
Tobed0g

time traveling 12er - Happy for him an Latifi. Both guys that came in as injury replacements and both doing pretty well.
This. Guys are having a good run after grabbing an opportunity. Good on them. Considering how few Pro fights Cummins has had he's doing well now he has to develop amongst the elite of the elite in MMA. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/14 10:19 PM
IronWill

BirdWatcher -
js138 -
BirdWatcher -
Pat is 2-1 Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.