UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> White knighting on the atama forum

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/1/14 8:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
os3y3ris
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also find it interesting that my original instructor has been stripped of his degrees by the IBJJF. So he couldn't promote me, or anyone else, if he wanted to. How do you go DOWN in degrees over time?
8/1/14 8:56 PM
os3y3ris

How does this happen?

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12/bjj-black-belt-competed-brown-belt-pans-got-caught-facebook-2429827/

Seriously now, they're manipulating the belts for profit. It's plain as day.
8/1/14 9:03 PM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/01/14 9:04 PM
Why couldn't vinny get someone on btt who was ranked higher than him to sign off on your promotion.

He did. I was told to teach a couple of classes for them and that they would "own a piece of me". When Carlos showed up, he demanded that I pay two grand. What I'm saying is that everything was square, except for the bribe money, and that's not legit. I also don't see where free labor comes in, but I could at least come up with that.
8/1/14 9:15 PM
Meatgrinder
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

It's a just a matter of whether you are recognized under the ibjjf as that belt level in order to compete in their tournaments at that belt level.... The ibjjf has nothing to do with determining your actual rank.

You can be a BB and never register with the ibjjf is you don't want to compete in their tournaments.... The bjj world will still recognize you as a bb provided that you were promoted by someone who could promote you to bb.... and this person doesn't have to be a member of the ibjjf either.

I've been responding to this thread a lot simply because I think it's a shame that you've come this far and you're not only f^cking shit up at the BB "finish" line, but you're revealing a real integrity flaw that maybe you can rectify. Like Shen said...this sh!t will dog you for years to come. Here's your window of opportunity. If you're instructor couldn't promote you, I don't know why he didn't go to the person that promoted him (all of which you've never mentioned). Barring that, just go to a place with a legit instructor and train... Enjoy it. Learn something...even after getting your legit BB.

The fact that you've even allowed a comparison between yourself and Toby is also a shame... You might have the bjj skills but he is just plain and simply terrible and maybe at the level of a strong athletic  blue belt. He's an all out fraud. Are you going start defending dave lang now? They're not even in the same category really, but you've making it that. You're not talking to a bunch of your relatives who have no idea what's going on in the bjj world. So stop trying to pull out all these smokescreens.

8/1/14 9:19 PM
os3y3ris

It's a just a matter of whether you are recognized under the ibjjf as that belt level in order to compete in their tournaments at that belt level.... The ibjjf has nothing to do with determining your actual rank.

Incorrect. They will come into your school and alter your belt rankings. They do this all the time.

So stop trying to pull out all these smokescreens.

No smoke screen dude. Looking you right in your eye. This doesn't work the way you think it does. It's MLM bullshit.
8/1/14 9:25 PM
os3y3ris

Think about it. Four hundred dollars every time someone gets a black belt? That's a lot of money for someone elses hard work. The instructor does the training. The black belt does the learning. And yet a third party collects $400 for this? And this sounds legit to you? Right then, you should know something is off.
8/1/14 9:44 PM
raleigh

You don't have to register with them man.
8/1/14 10:03 PM
Meatgrinder
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

Do they dress up like ninjas? Or stormtroopers?... And how does it take place? I'm intrigued.... Do they stop class right in the middle and line everyone along the wall by belt level, then tell everyone to hand their belt to the person to their right and the guy at the end can dump his in the trash? 

Who was your BB instructor?

Who did your instructor get his BB from?

Who were you trying to get your BB promotion from?

Why didn't your instructor go to his instructor... I know of cases where this happened. Guy moves into town as a brown..trains under someone for a few years but that person can't promote them, because they don't have 2 stripes...Explains the situation to his instructor...No problem.

Are guys in your school trying to compete in ibjjf tournaments???

I think my membership only cost $35 or $50?.... Why aren't I having this trouble? I never even got mine the first year b/c I wasn't going to compete. Now I'm thinking it would beneficial for me to compete at least once in the ibjjf at the BB level... I was always a legit BB. We have many BBs that never registered with the ibjjf...all legit. They just don't intend on competing.

... you can't get your BB from the ibjjf...They are just a place of recognition. Maybe you tried to claim you were an ibjjf certified BB or you have guys under you trying to compete in ibjjf. There's a difference between being recognized by the ibjjf and being legitimate in the eyes of the community and yourself.

8/1/14 10:14 PM
os3y3ris

I know how you think it works. That's how it is supposed to work. That is not how it actually works. They can and do enter business to take control of your rankings. The IBJJF controls the affiliation heads who control the instructors. It's an MLM Vinny Souza went to the meeting in New York, brought back a new form, asked me to sign it. When I did, he claimed I had forged the documents. Then he sat me down at dinner, told me that I had to purchase a franchise to be "legit". He broke down the entire structure of this thing and told me that I had to pay in. It's basically a pyramid scheme. To encourage people to buy in, they restrict the ranks by association.
8/1/14 10:25 PM
Furacao
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Pacific Beach, CA

I think your beef is more with Vinny than IBJJF.  

8/1/14 11:28 PM
Meatgrinder

Black Belt, Newton, MA

ahh... so they metaphorically come through your doors... got it.

Your instructor turned around and claimed you forged the documents.... but he's otherwise a guy you totally trust especially when he said he was going to promote you. Even though everyone knows he couldn't have promoted you b/c he's not even a 2 stripe BB. Then "he sat you down at dinner?"....and told you some story... that you believe to be accurate., This part you want to believe because it would fit your conspiracy theory and allow you to justify in your own mind that you should put that belt around yourself....

How did you ever think you were going to get promoted by someone who wasn't ranked high enough to promote you?

Again...Who did Vinny get his BB from?

Again....Who were you trying to get your BB promotion from...after you found it couldn't come from Vinny?

....and the rest of my questions that you ignored for your conspiracy story...

You do know that there are some school owners, probably some on this forum, who don't want to or can't afford the fees to have their school affiliated with the ibjjf so they don't....That's it. None of it has anything to do with their rank. 

8/1/14 11:40 PM
checkuroil
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
I contacted vinny

Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 11:40 PM
checkuroil
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i.imgur.com/hLOJPof.jpg Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 11:49 PM
checkuroil

Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 11:50 PM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/01/14 11:50 PM
Perfect.
8/1/14 11:55 PM
checkuroil

Care to share who gave you your

Blue:
Purple:
Brown: Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 11:57 PM
dokomoy
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can someone who knows JT or Keenan confirm Vinny's story?
8/1/14 11:59 PM
os3y3ris

It's almost like one of us must be lying:

http://imgur.com/faTWBH5

http://imgur.com/MT42F40,UJgg8rW
8/1/14 11:59 PM
Meatgrinder

Black Belt, Newton, MA

case closed....

8/2/14 12:00 AM
os3y3ris

Blue:
Purple:
Brown

Abslutely.

Mike Moses. I lived in Area 51, which placed me on TLI for a number of years.
8/2/14 12:01 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dammit. Now I have to VTFU CUO...

dammit.

;)
checkuroil

Who gave you your

Blue:
Purple:
Brown: Phone Post 3.0
os3y3ris

Vinny is lying to cover his ass. He even claims I was not on TLI, which is totally false.
8/2/14 12:03 AM
os3y3ris

Who gave you your

Blue:
Purple:
Brown:

Mike Moses.
8/2/14 12:09 AM
checkuroil

I contacted mike. So we will see what he says Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.