UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> White knighting on the atama forum

8/3/14 7:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rayonyx7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

getgettinsomeread - Why does os3yr3s just fucking quit the ug.
There
Problem solved for both parties Phone Post 3.0

Come here, come here big fella.... let's hug it out... bring it on in.
8/3/14 10:59 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the original point was that, if you have a problem with someone's behavior on an internet forum, you shouldn't call their instructor and whine.

Obviously it got derailed by Osiris trying to justify his self-promotion, but the original intent was to say that if you're going to whine about something said on the internet, you should:

1) Whine directly to that person
2) Whine on the internet
8/3/14 10:59 PM
Easters
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone care to bring me up to speed here? Don't feel like reading 18 pages Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 12:43 AM
onyx2002
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People got their feelings hurt and tried to cry to CUO's two instructors but they didn't care. In the meantime the forum was once again treated to 15 pages of Jordan justifying why he self promoted and completely misunderstanding why people have a problem with it.
8/4/14 6:41 PM
Hey Beer Man
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a expert at Marketing. I've been doing it for 20+ years. I'm recognized by Wharton MBAs as an expert and am paid from time to time to speak on the subject as an expert. I don't really want to spend money on my MBA from Wharton and since other MBA recognize me as an expert I'm going to print out a diploma and stick it on my wall at work.

Work for you?
8/4/14 6:56 PM
Kneeblock
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine what TravenBJJ went through lol

8/4/14 7:16 PM
os3y3ris

What's the story there?
8/4/14 8:59 PM
prophit

rydney - 
checkuroil - 
robhustle - This from the guy who tried to shit on Dean Lister for making a joke. Oh the ironing.
Still will. Sexually charged jokes have no place in a bjj class. Phone Post 3.0

Except that the girl in question straightened everyone out when she said she had no problem with it and all was cool, but that doesn't stop Oil from going on his white knight feminist crusade of rape hysteria every chance he gets, even if it's in the middle of a whine fest about white knights.

I know nothing about this fake belt this fake betl that stuff, but I just realized you seem to have a lot of problems on this thread, and seem to start a lot of threads just to whine about your problems, like this one for instance, or just start threads waiting for the chance to argue needlessly or whine further down the line. And then you blame others for those problems you created for yourself on an internet forum you don't have to be on and which you voluntarily put out information about yourself that makes it easy as hell to find out who you are in real life, knowing full well what low life scum most people are and that this is what will happen... hmmm.

You can hide this attention seeking crap in threads about outing fake black belts all you want, but the threads that serve a legitimate purpose are just a shield for the attention. Why is it always you who has to be the white knight?

I apologized for my behavior in the other thread, which was appropriate because I didn't keep myself in check and stay on topic, but since the topic here-whether people realize it or not-is your negative attention seeking, I think this is a fair post.

I'm sure you're a good guy and all Oil, but at the end of the day the only thing constant in all these problems of yours is you.

Are you still going on about this rape hysteria crap? Agenda much?
8/4/14 10:29 PM
os3y3ris

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/1684286/IBJJF-Black-Belt-registration-scks/?pc=69

It won't mean most American's won't compete, it's just forcing guys to affiliate with a bigger school when they won't necessarily need to otherwise.

Well damn...

People have him convinced he's God. I could register and compete as a brown belt, but I'm not turning my back on my coaches and friends that backed my belt because some guy whose last name is Gracie thinks he can make stupid rules. Roli told me he didn't want me to take my black belt off, therefore I won't.

Funny, this sounds familiar.

It was our Holy Lord and Savior Carlinhos himself that barred me from competition.

Hmm...

8/4/14 10:39 PM
dokomoy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even remotely similar. Hillary couldn't compete because she got her black belt faster than the IBJJF said she could, not because nobody will back her black belt.

As far as affiliating Hillary didn't pay someone to use their name or pay anything other than the normal black belt fee(at least as far as I'm aware), she just had someone who wasn't her instructor but was high enough rank verify that she was a black belt.

If you were serious about competing as a black belt and didn't just want to continue your ridiculous crusade you'd do the same thing she did and find a 2nd degree to help you register for black belt
8/4/14 10:43 PM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/04/14 10:44 PM
That costs affiliation fees. That's the entire point. And my friend at third mysteriously lost his degrees when he registered with the IBJJF. Anyways, I do compete at black. Grapplers Quest is where its at. They have the cash and the players, no bullshit involved, so I'm in.
8/4/14 10:47 PM
dokomoy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - That costs affiliation fees. That's the entire point. And my friend at third mysteriously lost his degrees when he registered with the IBJJF. Anyways, I do compete at black. Grapplers Quest is where its at. They have the cash and the players, no bullshit involved, so I'm in.

I mean, I'm sure Hillary payed the same 30 or 50 bucks or whatever it is to register her black belt just like everybody else, but I don't think she payed cyborg or anyone else to be an affiliate(especially since she never owned a school).

8/4/14 11:03 PM
os3y3ris

I do suspect she was done a favor. But it shouldn't require a favor. Herding people towards a $2,000 product that they don't need, which she says was being done, and was done to me, isn't right and I'm not going to validate that tactic at all by complying with any related directives. She switched teams for that. I'm not going to. I'm going to make it a pain in the ass for them. Think about it, you think affiliation sales are going UP right now? The affiliation scam is nearing its end.

Besides, BJJ isn't half as scary as kung fu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwEdMjA9VGA

After that mess, this is easy.
8/5/14 12:12 AM
spider guard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Makati, Philippines
dokomoy - 
os3y3ris - That costs affiliation fees. That's the entire point. And my friend at third mysteriously lost his degrees when he registered with the IBJJF. Anyways, I do compete at black. Grapplers Quest is where its at. They have the cash and the players, no bullshit involved, so I'm in.

I mean, I'm sure Hillary payed the same 30 or 50 bucks or whatever it is to register her black belt just like everybody else, but I don't think she payed cyborg or anyone else to be an affiliate(especially since she never owned a school).

Hilary just happens to be friends with someone who was affiliated and was willing to vouch for her and not wanting to charge her for that vouch. Not everyone is as lucky. Remember that the black belt that vouches for you must be recognized by the IBJJF which means they not just paid their annual $30, but also paid for their "recognition" certificate which is the $400 that is frequently thrown around.
8/5/14 2:38 AM
carcaju

Pretty easy way to clear this up.
Do you have a signed certificate stating you are awarded the rank of black belt?
Do you have photos of you getting promoted to black belt and a 2nd degree tying it around your waist?
Will a 2nd degree sign off on your rank and vouch for you?
Have you got a grey name from Kirik?

If your answer is no to all of these questions then you are not a black belt, plain and simple. No ifs, no buts, just no.
8/5/14 3:20 AM
JoejitsuMD
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

carcaju - Pretty easy way to clear this up.
Do you have a signed certificate stating you are awarded the rank of black belt?
Do you have photos of you getting promoted to black belt and a 2nd degree tying it around your waist?
Will a 2nd degree sign off on your rank and vouch for you?
Have you got a grey name from Kirik?

If your answer is no to all of these questions then you are not a black belt, plain and simple. No ifs, no buts, just no.
You are very correct. The problem is this guy I'm starting to think really does have something wrong with him mentally. He has set up this delusional fantasy of justification as to why he is a black belt with not only him never getting promoted in the first place, but there is not one single person that would think what he is doing is justified. Nobody. At first I didn't understand him and I thought he was just a guy that got burned and made a big mistake, but there is no convincing him. It's like showing him a square, explaining the definition of a square, and yet he keeps on insisting it is a circle. You can't educate him because he is unable I see the reality that is covered by his delusion. It's like he's fucking frank dux or something where he actually believes his own crap. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 7:50 AM
csw0101

Edited: 08/05/14 7:51 AM
I've flicked through a few pages of this thread and think pretty much what Joejitsu said above is correct.

The issue is that he doesn't understand that the community will not accept someone who self promotes - no matter if other people say he is black belt standard - it must come from an accepted source...not yourself!

His analogy about a university degree and the dean blackmailing you still doesn't stand. Even if that were the case will any place in the world accept you if you give yourself a degree? No way! The situation definitely sucks but unfortunately you have to then go back and maybe get some credits at another university and then get that degree.

Similarly - he should have sucked it up and trained longer with another black belt until he is promoted by that black belt. Yes it sucks but it is the legitimate way to do things.

Unfortunately it appears he does not understand what everyone is getting at and does not believe he has done anything wrong. Give up guys - you can only beat your head against a wall for so long until it becomes a bloody pulp!
8/5/14 10:56 AM
ryans
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The amount of hours Osiris has spent defending himself on the forum, he could've got a job at McDonald's in that time, earned the $2k and paid to be an official BB. Or alternatively spend those hours training under a real BB and been promoted.
8/5/14 10:57 AM
os3y3ris

Thats what you're not getting. There are no other schools. Carlos is running EVERYTHING now.
8/5/14 10:58 AM
os3y3ris

The amount of hours Osiris has spent defending himself on the forum, he could've got a job at McDonald's in that time, earned the $2k and paid to be an official BB. Or alternatively spend those hours training under a real BB and been promoted.

I don't need the training. I'm not going to pay for services that I don't need.
8/5/14 11:09 AM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/05/14 11:20 AM
Here goes Carlos AGAIN!

http://imgur.com/ngDiZKj

http://imgur.com/jowESBu

Funny how his name keeps coming up in these incidents.
8/5/14 11:21 AM
RobertKipness
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is the proof that Carlos told you DIRECTLY, not word of mouth from Vinny, that you had to pay that?
8/5/14 11:25 AM
RobertKipness
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your pictures show nothing. He thought you meant Gracie Barra or a TEAM that was telling you it was $2K and for an affiliation fee, not the federation or Carlos JR. telling you it was $2k for a black belt lol
8/5/14 11:27 AM
os3y3ris

I never claimed that he did. He met with Vinny. How do I know Vinny was truthful?

1. He still works for Carlos after making those claims of his involvement.

2. Other sources, such as BJ Bradley, a black belt directly under Carlos, indicate him.

3. Mark Tripp, the second IBJJF student, also reports the same experience on behalf of the company that Carlos now heads.

4. Hillary Williams reports similar behavior.

5. When the first round of paperwork wasn't enough to strip me of my rank, more IBJJF forms were brought into play.

It's Carlos and the IBJJF forcing affiliation sales at two grand a piece.
8/5/14 11:28 AM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/05/14 11:29 AM
Your pictures show nothing. He thought you meant Gracie Barra or a TEAM that was telling you it was $2K and for an affiliation fee, not the federation or Carlos JR. telling you it was $2k for a black belt lol

Who runs the teams? And who requires affiliations to hold black belts?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.