UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> White knighting on the atama forum

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/5/14 3:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RobertKipness
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - It works like this:

http://imgur.com/bhWK0LA

Pyramid scheme.

How lucrative is it?

http://ibjjf.org/registered/

Each of those teams pays $400 a year (per school I would imagine) to the IBJJF to have a registered school for their affiliates.

They in turn, charge each school $2K a year for affiliation fees not to mention what they charge for seminars, merchandise, etc.

Who's the real asshole here?

No one is saying you have to be registered under the IBJJF as a black belt. But you getting the shaft from Vinny and BTT does not reflect poorly on the IBJJF, it reflects poorly on BTT.

You getting pissy and refusing to pay your affiliation fees (like almost every other affiliate does) and black belting yourself only reflects poorly on you...regardless of your skill level.

Make sense home fry?
8/5/14 4:00 PM
os3y3ris
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That little thing set up right there is what we call a pyramid scheme, and it is illegal. My belt rank doesn't drop because I didn't participate in criminal activity. Make sense homefry?
8/5/14 4:04 PM
RobertKipness
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - That little thing set up right there is what we call a pyramid scheme, and it is illegal. My belt rank doesn't drop because I didn't participate in criminal activity. Make sense homefry?

It's called a for profit business lol.

Your belt rank drops because you weren't promoted home slice.

Make sense?
8/5/14 4:06 PM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/05/14 4:07 PM
Except for that I was. According to Souza, I was cleared to advance by both himself and BTT. Carlos intercepting the ceremony with an illegal scheme is irrelevant.

A legitimate business offers goods and services voluntarily purchased by the customer. This is a passive income scheme. Seeing as I do the work and they profit. I think not buddy.
8/5/14 4:15 PM
RobertKipness

os3y3ris - Except for that I was. According to Souza, I was cleared to advance by both himself and BTT. Carlos intercepting the ceremony with an illegal scheme is irrelevant.

A legitimate business offers goods and services voluntarily purchased by the customer. This is a passive income scheme. Seeing as I do the work and they profit. I think not buddy.

So he tied a belt around your waist yes? Or was this a metaphorical belt?

The IBJJF offers the luxury (goods & service) of you being allowed to compete under your schools banner in THEIR tournament if you pay the fees.

No one HAS to have that service, but most do because their tournaments have the most prestige and you are in fact voluntarily purchasing that service.

Go compete in the failing Grapplers Quest or keep being the regional champ at NAGA. Your choice, no one gives a flying fuck about that. They care about you belting yourself bruh.

8/5/14 4:18 PM
os3y3ris

I tied the belt. But he authorized the promotion. The physical tying thing is a clear example of moving the goal posts. What he did was shake my hand, which represents the close of a matter.
8/5/14 4:19 PM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/05/14 4:24 PM
Also, how is Grapplers Quest failing with 7k cash prizes for their divisions?

And answer my question. Who mandates the affiliations?
8/5/14 4:35 PM
RobertKipness

os3y3ris - Also, how is Grapplers Quest failing with 7k cash prizes for their divisions?

And answer my question. Who mandates the affiliations?

Lets be honest. Grapplers Quest isn't what it used to be.

And to answer your question, the head honchos mandate any and all associations of their respected teams.

Once again that would be VB, Cavaca/drysdale, Jr, Jacare/gigi/fabio etc. etc.
8/5/14 4:39 PM
os3y3ris

And to answer your question, the head honchos mandate any and all associations of their respected teams.

Who mandates that all brown and black belts have an affiliation? Who said this?

All Juvenile, brown and black belt athletes must be properly affiliated for the current year. All tournaments taking place in Brazil require all participating athlete's to be properly affiliated for the current year.

The IBJJF said that. It's a pyramid. You can't fool people by denying the connection between levels.
8/5/14 4:58 PM
ECM
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris -

Who mandates that all brown and black belts have an affiliation? Who said this?

All Juvenile, brown and black belt athletes must be properly affiliated for the current year. All tournaments taking place in Brazil require all participating athlete's to be properly affiliated for the current year.

The IBJJF said that. It's a pyramid. You can't fool people by denying the connection between levels.
You are completely missing the point again. Ibjjf is a private company that runs tournaments among other things. If you wish to participate in THEIR tournaments you are required to be a member. There is nothing illegal or immoral about this.

The only potentially fraudulent act here is you misrepresenting yourself as a black belt to your current and future potential students

But I expect you're too fucking stupid or mental to get this basic concept Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 5:17 PM
BTTMike

os3y3ris - My dues are already paid.
And really, that's what this is all about. Your ego.

Robert, I wouldn't waste any more time if I were you. This guy has some mental issues. That's pretty much all that can be said besides that he is it legit brown belt, who promoted himself to black.

Knowledge is out there for people to make their own decision whether they choose to recognize or train with him.

Based on his character alone, I don't imagine many people will. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 6:42 PM
Jordan Tabor

Edited: 08/05/14 6:42 PM
Black Belt, Cambridge, MA
Not even gonna bother.
8/5/14 7:02 PM
MickColins
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - I never claimed that he did. He met with Vinny. How do I know Vinny was truthful?

1. He still works for Carlos after making those claims of his involvement.

2. Other sources, such as BJ Bradley, a black belt directly under Carlos, indicate him.

3. Mark Tripp, the second IBJJF student, also reports the same experience on behalf of the company that Carlos now heads.

4. Hillary Williams reports similar behavior.

5. When the first round of paperwork wasn't enough to strip me of my rank, more IBJJF forms were brought into play.

It's Carlos and the IBJJF forcing affiliation sales at two grand a piece.

Man, Hillary gets yanked into these freakshow threads. 

Os3 is positively Nixonian in his posts. If only he had a Kissinger to translate it all into sanity.

8/5/14 7:05 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Tabor - Not even gonna bother.

LoL at giving this guy a 'black belt' account.
8/5/14 7:17 PM
carcaju
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy - 
Jordan Tabor - Not even gonna bother.

LoL at giving this guy a 'black belt' account.

Care to expand instead of a vague comment?
8/5/14 7:24 PM
carcaju
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

carcaju - Pretty easy way to clear this up.
Do you have a signed certificate stating you are awarded the rank of black belt?
Do you have photos of you getting promoted to black belt and a 2nd degree tying it around your waist?
Will a 2nd degree sign off on your rank and vouch for you?
Have you got a grey name from Kirik?

If your answer is no to all of these questions then you are not a black belt, plain and simple. No ifs, no buts, just no.

Let me help you with these questions since you must have moissed them.
NO
NO
NO
NO

FRAUD WHO PROMOTED THEMSELF.
8/5/14 7:29 PM
Jordan Tabor

I got a third degree to take care of it, and recertify me. When he was called, he vouched for me. Deal with it.
8/5/14 7:32 PM
dojo stormer
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt under David M. Lang, Sydney, NSW, Aus.
Well that got sorted Congrats
8/5/14 7:40 PM
ECM
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Tabor - I got a third degree to take care of it, and recertify me. When he was called, he vouched for me. Deal with it.
Congratulations on finally doing the right thing Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 7:44 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/14 7:47 PM
Jordan Tabor - I got a third degree to take care of it, and recertify me. When he was called, he vouched for me. Deal with it.

Do you acknowledge that self-promoting was wrong?
8/5/14 7:46 PM
carcaju

Oh was he the guy who went to compete as a black belt in an IBJJF tournament, was disallowed so competed at Worlds at Brown?
8/5/14 7:49 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy

carcaju - Oh was he the guy who went to compete as a black belt in an IBJJF tournament, was disallowed so competed at Worlds at Brown?

no - a liar scumbag black belt who got handled by white belts (his description) offered to sell him a black belt. But instead of paying, he just saved the money and promoted himself.
8/5/14 7:50 PM
Jordan Tabor

Do you acknowledge that self-promoting was wrong?

I don't acknowledge that I ever did it. I was promoted by Vinny Souza. That's the thing. The story doesn't change.
8/5/14 7:51 PM
dokomoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Tabor - I got a third degree to take care of it, and recertify me. When he was called, he vouched for me. Deal with it.

Who?
8/5/14 7:53 PM
Jordan Tabor

Edited: 08/05/14 7:57 PM
Moses. He confirmed the rank and reissued my instructor's credentials in a brief presentation at the academy. This happened months ago. My issue isn't the rank. My recognition in my home dojo doesn't get anyone of the hook here.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.