UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> White knighting on the atama forum

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/7/14 2:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoejitsuMD
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All jokes aside I bet he has good BJJ. He has been training and teaching for a long time and seems to compete often. I think people joke more because he doesn't seem to understand what really makes a black belt. However, the real issue at hand is that really good BJJ doesn't give someone the right to promote themselves to black belt. And before he leaves more ambiguous replies: 1) Vinny never promoted him but was GOING TO promote him by his own admission when telling the story originally, and 2) Vinny can't even promote someone to black belt considering he wasn't not only a 2nd degree but I don't think he was even a 1st degree black belt at the time.

When Vinny never promoted him because according to him he didn't pay the affiliation fee (since Vinny wasn't allowed to promote in the first place), he went on mmawarehouse.com and ordered a black belt that he tied around his waist in front of a mirror and said "congrats self, you are now a black belt". Then he goes around saying he got his black belt from Vinny (who again never promoted him and wasn't a high enough rank to promote to black belt). It's silly and ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 4:04 AM
carcaju
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoejitsuMD - All jokes aside I bet he has good BJJ. He has been training and teaching for a long time and seems to compete often. I think people joke more because he doesn't seem to understand what really makes a black belt. However, the real issue at hand is that really good BJJ doesn't give someone the right to promote themselves to black belt. And before he leaves more ambiguous replies: 1) Vinny never promoted him but was GOING TO promote him by his own admission when telling the story originally, and 2) Vinny can't even promote someone to black belt considering he wasn't not only a 2nd degree but I don't think he was even a 1st degree black belt at the time.

When Vinny never promoted him because according to him he didn't pay the affiliation fee (since Vinny wasn't allowed to promote in the first place), he went on mmawarehouse.com and ordered a black belt that he tied around his waist in front of a mirror and said "congrats self, you are now a black belt". Then he goes around saying he got his black belt from Vinny (who again never promoted him and wasn't a high enough rank to promote to black belt). It's silly and ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much the whole story.
8/7/14 6:24 AM
Jordan Tabor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/07/14 6:33 AM
Black Belt, Cambridge, MA
A hand shake closes a deal. That's the way the matter works. All this other shit is irrelevant. No one's paying bribe money to sort out the paperwork. You guys can just be mad about that.

The exact exchange went like this:

1. Vinny spoke to my management stating I needed to advance. Management told me to accept the deal. I accepted the deal to advance. AFTER all was settled another, illegal, deal was made DROPPING me in rank. I ignore this and advanced per my original instructions.

If someone walks down the street and asks for your wallet is it now their wallet? Sorry, but I don't take orders from criminals.
8/7/14 8:48 AM
Jessy Ringquist
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, York, PA
Jordan Tabor - A hand shake closes a deal. That's the way the matter works. All this other shit is irrelevant. No one's paying bribe money to sort out the paperwork. You guys can just be mad about that.

1. Vinny spoke to my management stating I needed to advance. Management told me to accept the deal. I accepted the deal to advance. AFTER all was settled another, illegal, deal was made DROPPING me in rank. I ignore this and advanced per my original instructions.

If someone walks down the street and asks for your wallet is it now their wallet? Sorry, but I don't take orders from criminals.
I can't believe you refuse to face facts. Even for the sake of argument we say that a handshake DOES close the deal let's use your example.

If a guy walks up to me on the street with a wallet that is clearly not his and hands it to me that does not make it mine. Just because he shakes my hand and gives me a wink does not give me the right to keep it.

Or let's use an example similar to what actually happened:

"Hey bro, you need to be promoted, I'll make sure it happens, obviously I can't promote you but if I tell my friend your are ready he will promote you."

Later on:

"Oh, man, my bad dude, he said he can't promote you because he doesn't really know you and you have not been around long enough. But he did say if you affiliate with him he will promote you"

You:

"Man, fuck that, you said you would promote me, we shook hands on it as far as I am concerned it is fait acompli I am promoted"

Now, imagine, for a moment, that the promotions above being discussed was in a corporate setting. 1) You would not get paid as though you were promoted. 2) You would be fired for taking a corner office that didn't belong to you and putting your new "title" up on a door that doesn't belong to you and changing all the shit with your name on it to include that "title."
3) You would be the laughingstock of the employees for years to come. Probably as they pass you by on the street while you hold dirty business cards with your self promotion on it that you bought and paid for but never got to use. Finally a nice businessman would take pity on you and call your old company to say that he promoted you and that you deserve it. Unfortunately the damage has been done and that company will never take you back and no one really will take you seriously again.

That is what you have accomplished here. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 8:59 AM
Jordan Tabor

In a corporate environment, money goes DOWN. You don't have to cut bribes to advance in a legitimate company. In fact, when you get promoted, THEY pay YOU. What you are describing is a scam. A pyramid scheme. Barring me from promotion for a full year for nonpayment makes the matter even MORE absurd. That's a drop in rank when what was applied for was a promotion. That's illegal.
8/7/14 9:50 AM
tjmitch
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So wait - you say you were barred from promotion? So you werent prompted that means, correct?
8/7/14 10:07 AM
Jordan Tabor

Edited: 08/07/14 10:39 AM
That was the word AFTER I was cleared to advance. And it was illegal and therefor invalid. So I proceeded with the initial instructions. Promoted. The criminal interference is irrelevant.
8/7/14 10:31 AM
Chest Rockwell
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:42 AM
raleigh

never heard of 'management' when it comes to anything bjj, including promotions.
8/7/14 10:42 AM
JoejitsuMD
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Tabor - A hand shake closes a deal. That's the way the matter works. All this other shit is irrelevant. No one's paying bribe money to sort out the paperwork. You guys can just be mad about that.

You are so freaking delusional. A handshake about going to try to promote you is not the same as promoting you. Again, SAYING SOMEONE IS GOING TO PROMOTE YOU IS NOT THE SAME AS PROMOTING YOU. Read that again and repeat it to yourself over and over.

Oh and please address the fact that as a new black belt (not even first degree), Vinny was in no way capable of promoting you anyway. You seem to keep ignoring that each time it is brought up. That's almost like saying another brown belt promoted you to black belt. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:47 AM
Jordan Tabor

BTT signed off in exchange for a couple of classes a week. That doesn't give carlos a kickback though, hence the conflict. You're mistaking the ceremony for the promotion.
8/7/14 10:49 AM
GreatScott

N5Z - 
JoejitsuMD - 
GreatScott - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0LnUCcBYdk

Possibly the worst guard-pull ever.
But he heel hooked him for the win so that means his BJJ is awesome! Lol Phone Post 3.0

Both of you are sounding very petty here. Should be a rule that if you are going to talk shit about someone's competition footage you should post some of your own first.

FWIW in my experience guys who complain/look down on heel hooks are the same guys that were never taught or just plain dont know how to defend them.

Is it petty to point out the obvious lack of basic technique demonstrated by one that is on a mission to get his questionable status as a black belt recognized?

No one else is here bragging about competition results and belt level, while posting a link to a video that runs contrary to that mission.
8/7/14 10:51 AM
Jordan Tabor

What are you talking about? I pulled, he passed, I countered, he tapped. Sounds about right. I made a mistake, he made a mistake, his was fatal, mine was not.
8/7/14 11:00 AM
tjmitch
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So nobody actually handed you a black belt, or smacked you on the back with one - you ordered on for yourself and put it on yourself, correct?
8/7/14 12:36 PM
Jordan Tabor

Yes, as I was instructed to do. He told me to advance, I advanced. I ignored the illegal shit.
8/7/14 12:53 PM
Tio Te
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, San Diego, CA

I haven't been able to read this whole thread, but what I've read has been hilarious.

It has been clear to me since page 10 that this guy is at least mildly mentally ill. What I can't figure out is why so many people are trying to have a rational conversation with a crazy person.

But it is entertaining. So by all means, please carry on.

8/7/14 12:55 PM
Jessy Ringquist
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, York, PA
"Oh and please address the fact that as a new black belt (not even first degree), Vinny was in no way capable of promoting you anyway. You seem to keep ignoring that each time it is brought up. That's almost like saying another brown belt promoted you to black belt. "

I would like to see this addressed as well Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 1:25 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What Jordan doesn't seem to realize is that is recent 'official' promotion hasn't raised anyone's opinion of his black belt.

Unfortunately, I think it's only damaged the reputation of Mike Moses' black belts. That's a shame.

8/7/14 1:29 PM
creekwarrior2

Jordan Tabor - What are you talking about? I pulled, he passed, I countered, he tapped. Sounds about right. I made a mistake, he made a mistake, his was fatal, mine was not.
You pulled worse then a white belt, you defended like a white belt, got mounted like a white belt. Then pulled off the one technique you are good at.... yep your are a BB... in your own mind. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 1:34 PM
Jordan Tabor

I would like to see this addressed as well

BTT signed off.

You pulled worse then a white belt, you defended like a white belt, got mounted like a white belt.

If you can show me a single frame from that video where I'm in mount, I'll take off my black belt and wear that white belt.
8/7/14 1:35 PM
RobertKipness
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Tabor - What are you talking about? I pulled, he passed, I countered, he tapped. Sounds about right. I made a mistake, he made a mistake, his was fatal, mine was not.

You "pulled" into side mount. There was no "pulling guard".

I haven't seen anyone, purple and above, pull someone directly into side mount in such an atrocious fashion as your "guard pull".

No offense man, but that was farking terrible.
8/7/14 1:36 PM
dokomoy
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

creekwarrior2 - 
Jordan Tabor - What are you talking about? I pulled, he passed, I countered, he tapped. Sounds about right. I made a mistake, he made a mistake, his was fatal, mine was not.
You pulled worse then a white belt, you defended like a white belt, got mounted like a white belt. Then pulled off the one technique you are good at.... yep your are a BB... in your own mind. Phone Post 3.0

This is kind of silly, Jordan's done enough dumb shit that you don't need to criticize him for the stuff he hasn't done.

It was a garbage guard pull, but I don't think the way he tried to recover is that bad(trying to come up on a single is totally legit and the way his opponent countered it was pretty nice) and he never got mounted.
8/7/14 1:51 PM
creekwarrior2

dokomoy -
creekwarrior2 - 

This is kind of silly, Jordan's done enough dumb shit that you don't need to criticize him for the stuff he hasn't done.

It was a garbage guard pull, but I don't think the way he tried to recover is that bad(trying to come up on a single is totally legit and the way his opponent countered it was pretty nice) and he never got mounted.
Sorry my mistake he didnt get mounted... but he did promote himself. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 1:53 PM
Jordan Tabor

The man shook my hand and told me I was cleared to advance. And so I did. That is not a self promotion.
8/7/14 2:08 PM
creekwarrior2

Jordan Tabor - The man shook my hand and told me I was cleared to advance. And so I did. That is not a self promotion.
Repeat that 1000 more times. It will be true. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.