UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> White knighting on the atama forum

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/11/14 12:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Fillthy
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just because you can use MLM to market a pyramid scheme doesn't mean that the two phrases can be used interchangeably.

You're inability to admit when you're wrong is another character flaw.

Congratulations on your black belt in BJJ, I look forward to the day you receive the 3rd stripe on your white belt in adulthood.
8/11/14 1:13 AM
Jordan Tabor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Cambridge, MA
I'm not using them interchangeably. This one has characteristics of both.

The overall structure and business model strikes me as an MLM. The flow of the money strikes me as a pyramid scheme hidden within the MLM which is in and of itself predatory. The fact that a lot of the key players in this company are avid MLM players, indicates to me that a lot of those same tactics are likely in play. MLM is basically the same hustle as a pyramid scheme, using an actual product.
8/11/14 6:26 PM
DanOfEarth
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best part about reading this thread is that I recognized this guys name but couldn't remember from where so I looked him up. For some reason his Facebook page wouldn't load for me and then I remembered that I had blocked him. Can't remember why, but I find it funny none the less.
8/11/14 7:29 PM
DanOfEarth
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O and this dude isn't a black belt unless a black belt tied one around his waist or said "You are a black belt now".

The IBJJF is a bunch of scammers, but your story is thin. You don't have to register with the IBJJF to be a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt.
8/11/14 8:45 PM
Jordan Tabor

We got into a fight over the police.
8/11/14 8:47 PM
Jordan Tabor

Edited: 08/11/14 8:59 PM
"You are a black belt now".

Said. First by Vinny, then again by Mike. The docs presented for the tag state my rank clearly.

It's literally JUST a cash thing.
8/11/14 10:22 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

but Vinny had no authority to promote anyone to black belt...so no one really cares what he said.

Except you.
8/12/14 8:14 AM
Jordan Tabor

He simply did it through BTT. What's hard to get? He needed a promotion, got them to handle it in exchange for a couple classes. Carlos stepped in, figured he could make a buck.
8/12/14 8:19 AM
ozjiujitsu
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jordan Tabor - He simply did it through BTT. What's hard to get? He needed a promotion, got them to handle it in exchange for a couple classes. Carlos stepped in, figured he could make a buck.
So let me get this straight. Your saying the whole system is a scam for money and that they were bribing you? Phone Post 3.0
8/12/14 8:24 AM
Jordan Tabor

Edited: 08/12/14 8:26 AM
I'm saying that the whole system is a scam for making money, something that should have been obvious when they started charging $400 a belt, and that he expected a $2,000 bribe to complete my application

The problem was, I earned my promotion without being plugged into the affiliation kickback scheme, which is what they're looking for. Then they already have your cash and don't make a scene.
8/12/14 10:08 AM
Meatgrinder
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

dude let it rest... You were trying to get you belt through illegimate means by someone who wasn't ranked high enough to even promote and you wanted your belt to be recognized by the ibjjf.  That requires someone of proper rank who is affiliated with ibjjf to sign off. If you say now that you received it from Mike Moses then you finally got it from someone who can award you the belt... And surprise, no money was involved.

8/12/14 10:49 AM
Jordan Tabor

I'm done with the matter. My credentials are squared away. I'm not going to change my story however to match people's expectations.

I was doing nothing. Competing. Running my dojo. I accepted the mandatory promotion and here we are.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.