UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> White knighting on the atama forum

7/31/14 10:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
talkischeap
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also gal pics online are open for use right?? private copy written pics peeps post is another story Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 11:20 AM
Easters
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - Imagine someone launching an internet campaign to strip you of your hard earned business/academic credentials based on rumors and lies. You didn't pay off the dean, so you don't get your degree. You run a business so your university demands a cut before graduation. You get a degree in education, so the competing professors bar you from graduating to protect their jobs. Indefensible behavior, but that's how independent instructors are treated by this community.

Most of the people on the sidelines do this as a hobby. It doesn't matter to them, so they attack lightly. But for people like myself, this is a serious matter. It is real life.

Snitches get stitches....

I do not advise attempting to use violence against me.
The equivalent would be that you made it to the last semester of college but your last tuition check before graduation didn't clear. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 11:21 AM
Easters
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't get the diploma. It sucks but it's life Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 11:30 AM
Ubiquitous
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beejayjayee - BJJ...physical chess or knitting circle? You decide. Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha. Very good. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 12:01 PM
os3y3ris
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/31/14 12:13 PM
Edit: Not even gonna bother...
7/31/14 12:16 PM
The Green Bastard

Wow I am behind on this story but from reading the thread, Osiris did you promote yourself to black belt? Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 12:20 PM
os3y3ris

Nope. Instructor did. He didn't have the degrees to do so, so he contacted BTT and they cleared it in exchange for a couple classes a week. So the paper work goes in, comes out with a 2k price tag to complete the promotion. If I didn't pay, I would lose credit for my brown belt and have to redo that. So I put the black belt on and ignored the bribe request and threat. Now they want to push the issue, with some, like in this thread, even resorting to physical threats to attack my business.
7/31/14 12:22 PM
checkuroil
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
Here is one of the emails he sent to Eddie:

"He's harassing this dude Toby Grear, ALSO one of yours, formerly, for having the audacity to *gasp* test for his black belt and pass. I don't think that it's right to attack an active competitor and fighter from the sidelines. He claimed the right to do so based on hanging out with you for years. Grear seems like a jackass too, but he didn't start it. The threads are gone, but it was a bad look. I've had affiliations attack my business in a similar manner, so I can't say I was too thrilled to see 10p involved. We travel to your seminars, buy your products, bring your instructors to town, and take care of your local ronin, but that's on the basis of a clean, ethical operation, which you seem to run." Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 12:32 PM
os3y3ris

Yep. I said that. And I meant it. I won't spend money on companies that profit from harassing outsiders. I don't like that behavior and I won't spend money to finance it.
7/31/14 12:37 PM
raleigh

if your instructor wants to promote you to black don't you think he'd give you the black, if you want to jump through the bureaucracy, you can do that later, but no reason to attach the drama to your promotion?? Am I missing something here?
7/31/14 12:38 PM
os3y3ris

Edited: 07/31/14 12:40 PM
They forced him too by threatening to strip him of his rank as well. They REALLY wanted the money. I was creeped out. They started making threats, holding emergency meetings to make the guy run out to NY, trying to get one or both of us fired, stuff like that. Because at first he honored the promotion. Then New York, then more paperwork. Followed by harassment of my boss and girlfriend. These guys are creeps.
7/31/14 12:40 PM
JoejitsuMD
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - Nope. Instructor did. He didn't have the degrees to do so, so he contacted BTT and they cleared it in exchange for a couple classes a week. So the paper work goes in, comes out with a 2k price tag to complete the promotion. If I didn't pay, I would lose credit for my brown belt and have to redo that. So I put the black belt on and ignored the bribe request and threat. Now they want to push the issue, with some, like in this thread, even resorting to physical threats to attack my business.
You were never given a black belt, you never had one tied around your waist and there was never a ceremony promoting you. Someone told you they wanted to promote you but couldn't because they weren't a 2nd degree black belt so they "put in the paperwork" to get approval but you refused to pay the fee associated with that and then bought your own black belt and wrapped it around your own waist.

YOU PROMOTED YOURSELF! It's crazy how you think that people will just miss the little details of your story and agree with what you did. Get over it, you fucked up and now you are too proud and arrogant to do the right thing and admit you made a mistake. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 12:43 PM
os3y3ris

Someone told you they wanted to promote you but couldn't because they weren't a 2nd degree black belt so they "put in the paperwork" to get approval but you refused to pay the fee associated with that and then bought your own black belt and wrapped it around your own waist.

What $2,000 dollar fee associated with promotion? Did you pay one?
7/31/14 12:45 PM
os3y3ris

Was anyone else forced to sign one of these to hold their rank?

http://www.roycegracie.com/uploads/3/1/6/2/3162647/membership_agreement_2013.pdf
7/31/14 12:50 PM
Meatgrinder
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

Nope and I don't know anything about Royce's affiliation rules... Royce has nothing to do with the IBJJF though. So I don't know why you were slandering the ibjjf or Carlos....

7/31/14 12:50 PM
os3y3ris

Maybe one of these?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/235552560/10th-Planet-Affiliation-Package-2012

So yeah, I'm thinking that there might be a little bit of an ulterior motive here in this rankings system.
7/31/14 12:51 PM
os3y3ris

So I don't know why you were slandering the ibjjf or Carlos....

That's just an example. They all have those. I can post a few more if you want. That's what they want us to all sign before we can hold rank.
7/31/14 12:52 PM
raleigh

os3y3ris - Was anyone else forced to sign one of these to hold their rank?

http://www.roycegracie.com/uploads/3/1/6/2/3162647/membership_agreement_2013.pdf

did you? you first mentioned BTT now throw a Royce Gracie link up. I am confused.
7/31/14 12:55 PM
os3y3ris

I'm throwing up Royce's as an example. It's actually across the board that the deal is the same. In order to advance, you have to sign one of those. You don't notice it because it doesn't kick in until brown belt. If you think you can ignore or bypass it, they start coming into your business fucking with you and looking for cash.
7/31/14 12:57 PM
raleigh

hmm, I've never heard of signing anything to get promoted in BJJ. not for black or brown, or any other rank. Perhaps you should have found a different instructor the first time you were asked to sign one of those?
7/31/14 1:08 PM
os3y3ris

Yeah, that is odd. Maybe a different instructor can help...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/235553400/Affiliate-Information-Packet-Rev-0811

Well, damn, would you look at that. Another one. It's almost like that's what "affiliation" means in the first place. And according to the rules, affiliation is mandatory. This is what they do to instructors, and you can expect retaliation if you don't sign. If you, the community wish to participate in said retaliation, then so be it. But understand exactly what you're doing. I couldn't look myself in the eye signing such a weak, one sided contract. So a guy tells me to sign, I walk right past the dude. Got no time for paying off goons.
7/31/14 1:16 PM
checkuroil
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
It's funny how we have a ton of black belts on here and not one has had this experience.

Ever think it's you Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 1:18 PM
os3y3ris

You think I typed those packages up myself? All three of them?
7/31/14 1:22 PM
JoejitsuMD
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris -
Someone told you they wanted to promote you but couldn't because they weren't a 2nd degree black belt so they "put in the paperwork" to get approval but you refused to pay the fee associated with that and then bought your own black belt and wrapped it around your own waist.

What $2,000 dollar fee associated with promotion? Did you pay one?
There are two issues at hand: first, the affiliation fee seems excessive and inappropriate. Second, because one person's affiliation fees seem excessive that does not mean it's justified or appropriate to promote yourself in the guise of some sort of rebellion. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 1:28 PM
os3y3ris

What do you mean "one person"? It was the head of the IBJJF, dude. He interrupted the promotion to enforce this across the board. It's industry standard. And I was willing to abide by that, but then dudes started to get in trouble by being down ranked. At this point they're just fucking with people. And I'll not let that hinder my progress. It's like the streaker at your graduation. You don't let some lunatic stop things. You disregard the crazy man and move on. They started making threats and flipping out and shit, but that's them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.