UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> White knighting on the atama forum

7/31/14 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
os3y3ris
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How hard is it to go to a legit and unaffiliated black belt and have them evaluate you? It seems like that would be preferable to all the grief you get for 'self-promoting'.

You mean like Toby did?
8/1/14 12:38 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say that Step #1 would be to go to an unaffiliated black belt NOT known for selling belts.

You can't dig your way out of a hole. ;)
8/1/14 12:46 AM
falsecrack
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, you muddy the water of all these threads with your sob story. this was about why you chose to email the dude's instructor about something his instructor had nothing to do with.
8/1/14 12:59 AM
ECM
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm convinced now that this guy is just trolling us all for shits and giggles. Well played troll, well played Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 1:00 AM
os3y3ris

I would say that Step #1 would be to go to an unaffiliated black belt NOT known for selling belts.

So I have to find an unaffiliated black belt that does belt tests, but isn't know for doing belt tests?

this was about why you chose to email the dude's instructor about something his instructor had nothing to do with.

If I see your squad involved in this, I take my money elsewhere, and I let dude know that. Why would I roll with a crew that puts out guys like CUO?
8/1/14 1:01 AM
os3y3ris

I'm convinced now that this guy is just trolling us all for shits and giggles. Well played troll, well played

Nope.
8/1/14 1:01 AM
LittleWing
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If bending the truth was a martial art, u would be a second degree BB
8/1/14 1:03 AM
os3y3ris

Nothing's been bent. I'm not the one showing up at promotions looking for bribe money.
8/1/14 1:17 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - 

So I have to find an unaffiliated black belt that does belt tests, but isn't know for doing belt tests?

this was about why you chose to email the dude's instructor about something his instructor had nothing to do with.

If I see your squad involved in this, I take my money elsewhere, and I let dude know that. Why would I roll with a crew that puts out guys like CUO?

If you spent 6 months on the mat at a respectable gym, with Vinny vouching for you, I think you'd have a recognized black belt. Even if it took a year, wouldn't that be better than all the flak you've taken?

And were you training at a school that CUO is affiliated with? The 'ratting out' was just you explaining to the instructor why you wouldn't be training there any more?
8/1/14 1:43 AM
Widdomaker
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meatgrinder - 
os3y3ris - 
Maybe you would view it differently if Toby started selling his "black belt" services in your area?

I'm actually open to competitors in the market. Had a guy applying for the exact same job as I. He needed testing for his purple. I agreed to do so, at no cost to him of course, and he passed. He got the promotion and the job. That's my whole point. Let's keep it square across the board, leaving our business dealings out of our evaluations. My student failed to subdue him and so he advanced. That's the jiujitsu standard. Evil, I know.

You are known for being a high level competitor, and have the results to back it up. If you've seen his instructionals or matches it is obvious that his skill level in BJJ is around blue belt. There is no way that he would pass any decent test for a black belt without money being exchanged. So it is obvious that he has cheated his way through the ranks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAJTwif-qY

yup... His grappling sucks. Got mounted with ease a couple of times... could've easily been choked out a couple of times too if Bobby Green knew what he was doing. Green's defense to a mediocre triangle was awful as he had plenty of time to posture out... Was this really an attempt to demonstrate BB level?

I've seen his grappling match videos as well... Nothing I can see leads me to believe that he's beyond a blue belt. Explosive, athlete tough kid though.

You're story is that you were training under someone who can't promote you to black... Oh well... Someone who runs a school as a purple belt can't promote his students to black either no matter how long they train under him. Imagine that! You and he tried to figure out a way to get it done but you needed to make your school an affiliate member of the school system that you were going to get promoted under....There are fees with the affiliation, not with the promotion. In a couple of years, your instructor would've been ranked high enough to promote you, but I guess you didn't want to wait that long??? 

..And now you're just pulling these affiliation documents out as examples of an entirely corrupt system (that no one else besides you and Toby really have any trouble with.... and some frauds). So exactly which affiliation were you having trouble with? Because I heard nothing but slander of Carlos and the IBBJF until now?... The IBJJF doesn't even promote. That's for BB school owners who want to be recognized members of the IBJJF in order for their schools to compete in their tournaments at those recognized belt levels. 

Toby ended up losing that fight anyway. Dont know why the video description says he won. You can clearly hear the bell/horn before Green taps, then Green went on to win by TKO in Rd 2.
8/1/14 2:27 AM
os3y3ris

Edited: 08/01/14 2:29 AM
If you spent 6 months on the mat at a respectable gym, with Vinny vouching for you, I think you'd have a recognized black belt. Even if it took a year, wouldn't that be better than all the flak you've taken?

Huh? I did. I spent three years actually on the mats of a respectable gym, a year under Vinny's supervision. Prior to that, I spent 5 years in the Alliance network, and as many at Evolve Academy, where I lived on the mats for about three years. When promotion time came around, after I bailed the team out in competition, I was cleared by Vinny and then by BTT to advance to black belt. Carlos came up and barred me from advancement until he could collect his money, and told me I could reset the time on my brown if I didn't want to pay. They threatened me with community harassment if I were to proceed without paying the bribe. I'd rather deal with the flak than come off the cash, as I don't have the money in the first place.
8/1/14 3:09 AM
os3y3ris

On a side note, this whole jiujitsu police thing is absurd. If you aren't down for the mission, then you aren't the police. When I did this, we took the targets down, real talk. Some of the guys we found in the ring, some in the streets, but we got the job done. But these "police" just sort of harass you on the net. They don't investigate. They don't fact check. They don't even show up. That's just lame.
8/1/14 3:37 AM
BJJBuster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snitches get stitches !! Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 3:44 AM
os3y3ris

Have at it.
8/1/14 4:45 AM
JoejitsuMD
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'd rather deal with the flak than come off the cash, as I don't have the money in the first place"

Why do you keep pretending those are the only two options? How about do the RIGHT thing and not promote yourself to black belt. Do the RIGHT thing and continue to represent your brown belt like any BJJer with integrity would do. Quit this charade man, you are just making a fool of yourself. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 7:36 AM
Meatgrinder
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA
Widdomaker - 
Meatgrinder - 
os3y3ris - 
Maybe you would view it differently if Toby started selling his "black belt" services in your area?

I'm actually open to competitors in the market. Had a guy applying for the exact same job as I. He needed testing for his purple. I agreed to do so, at no cost to him of course, and he passed. He got the promotion and the job. That's my whole point. Let's keep it square across the board, leaving our business dealings out of our evaluations. My student failed to subdue him and so he advanced. That's the jiujitsu standard. Evil, I know.

You are known for being a high level competitor, and have the results to back it up. If you've seen his instructionals or matches it is obvious that his skill level in BJJ is around blue belt. There is no way that he would pass any decent test for a black belt without money being exchanged. So it is obvious that he has cheated his way through the ranks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAJTwif-qY

yup... His grappling sucks. Got mounted with ease a couple of times... could've easily been choked out a couple of times too if Bobby Green knew what he was doing. Green's defense to a mediocre triangle was awful as he had plenty of time to posture out... Was this really an attempt to demonstrate BB level?

I've seen his grappling match videos as well... Nothing I can see leads me to believe that he's beyond a blue belt. Explosive, athlete tough kid though.

You're story is that you were training under someone who can't promote you to black... Oh well... Someone who runs a school as a purple belt can't promote his students to black either no matter how long they train under him. Imagine that! You and he tried to figure out a way to get it done but you needed to make your school an affiliate member of the school system that you were going to get promoted under....There are fees with the affiliation, not with the promotion. In a couple of years, your instructor would've been ranked high enough to promote you, but I guess you didn't want to wait that long??? 

..And now you're just pulling these affiliation documents out as examples of an entirely corrupt system (that no one else besides you and Toby really have any trouble with.... and some frauds). So exactly which affiliation were you having trouble with? Because I heard nothing but slander of Carlos and the IBBJF until now?... The IBJJF doesn't even promote. That's for BB school owners who want to be recognized members of the IBJJF in order for their schools to compete in their tournaments at those recognized belt levels. 

Toby ended up losing that fight anyway. Dont know why the video description says he won. You can clearly hear the bell/horn before Green taps, then Green went on to win by TKO in Rd 2.

Bah haha LOL!!!

8/1/14 8:05 AM
os3y3ris

Why do you keep pretending those are the only two options? How about do the RIGHT thing and not promote yourself to black belt. Do the RIGHT thing and continue to represent your brown belt like any BJJer with integrity would do. Quit this charade man, you are just making a fool of yourself.

The right thing to do is to keep what's mine. Some nut case that thinks he's owed two grand doesn't get to demote me. LOL. Would you hand in your belt?
8/1/14 8:39 AM
walbjj
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Sydney, NSW, Aus.
os3y3ris - 
Why do you keep pretending those are the only two options? How about do the RIGHT thing and not promote yourself to black belt. Do the RIGHT thing and continue to represent your brown belt like any BJJer with integrity would do. Quit this charade man, you are just making a fool of yourself.

The right thing to do is to keep what's mine. Some nut case that thinks he's owed two grand doesn't get to demote me. LOL. Would you hand in your belt?

actually, ill tell u what i would do because i have integrity and honour. 

anything that i achieved in life, past and present, has always been done with full transparency. no one can question my credentials, and if there was EVER any dispute about what i achieved or was about to achieve, then i would not accept it, END OF STORY.

however, in your case, even though you were told by a bb that couldnt award a black belt that you were due for one, and even though you managed to beat black belts in a mixed division competition (did you ever mention the competition, and the skill level, was it a local tournament or a high level organised affair. not wanting to discredit you, as you are an active, or was an active competitor seeing as you can compete in ibjjf comps now.)

and even though your team organised the "proper" channels to see you get promoted with a 2nd degree signing off. you then claim that carlos gracie jr stepped in to extort money for the promotion.

again, if this was me, i would have tried to clear things up at that stage. i would have gotten the situation in writing, what was needed, why it was needed, EVERY detail. in your case, the only details you seem to have is your story that you have perpetrated all this time, which most people find dubious.

perhaps im just more thorough when it comes to the details and i like to keep things transparent as i never like to live under a cloud of suspicion when it comes to things that represent who i am.

then again, im a nobody

8/1/14 9:43 AM
Jdonw
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - The bottom line is that being unaffiliated makes it impossible to get the belt and keep your honor. You can't even stay down a rank, see Sam Osman. You can't go UP a belt, case in point here, and you can't test for the belt. See True Warrior. It seems the only play involves two grand. That's not cool. You can't box the people in like that.

It is good to see that you chose wearing a black belt over keeping your honor.

I would prefer to train with, or just be friends with people who have respect and honor. As you said, you had the choice between the belt and your honor. I'd rather train with the guy that kept the brown belt and his honor. You just self promoted because the guys that were your friends turned out to be shady and would no longer vouch for you. That's not the type of person I would want to say I got my black belt from anyway.
8/1/14 10:19 AM
Jessy Ringquist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, York, PA
Wait, what? Now you are directly attacking a guy because he wants proof of where a guy got belts from? Because he speaks out loud what we all wonder? Because he calls you out on you belting yourself? You know, doing that thing we all make fun of people for doing, regardless the reason?

You know I have had some sympathy to your plight. I think you probably did get screwed even though you handled it oddly.

You have said a few things in this thread that convinced me that you have deluded yourself into believing that you not only did the right thing but that you are some sort of pioneer. You can't even recognize why we all think you are wrong.

But this direct personal attack on CUO, really takes away any sympathy you might have had.

In case you don't understand or recognize it let me inform you:

1) Even with your explanations everyone thinks you are dead wrong, and a fraud for belting yourself.

2) everyone thinks that you contacting Eddie and Otavio was a bitch move.

3) You attacking CUOs character really makes you look like a cunt.

So, now that those facts are out there, ask yourself, why are you in a minority which might include a handful of guys vs. Everyone else?

Do you think we all have it out for you?

Do you think you are just a genius that sees things no one else can?

Either way, you are coming off as a class a cunt. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/14 10:23 AM
RobertKipness
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God I love that word, it just rolls off the tongue.

c u n t
8/1/14 10:38 AM
os3y3ris

again, if this was me, i would have tried to clear things up at that stage. i would have gotten the situation in writing, what was needed, why it was needed, EVERY detail. in your case, the only details you seem to have is your story that you have perpetrated all this time, which most people find dubious.

I can produce that now. Would you like to see it?
8/1/14 10:46 AM
os3y3ris

So, now that those facts are out there, ask yourself, why are you in a minority which might include a handful of guys vs. Everyone else?

Because its much easier to join a mob than to do the right thing. No one will stand up for this guy? I will, because the same thing was done to me. Look at yourselves. You have this guy getting roasted for buying a belt, and then me getting roasted for NOT buying the belt. Which is it? Or maybe I should go down to brown like Sam Osman? He got a lot of respect for that, right? You can't have it every which way. Which is it?

I'm not a genius, I just have a decades worth of files and information on this matter, as well as the connections and resources to correctly analyze it. I can see very clearly what was done.
8/1/14 10:55 AM
RobertKipness
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - 

Because its much easier to join a mob than to do the right thing. No one will stand up for this guy? I will, because the same thing was done to me. Look at yourselves. You have this guy getting roasted for buying a belt, and then me getting roasted for NOT buying the belt. Which is it? Or maybe I should go down to brown like Sam Osman? He got a lot of respect for that, right? You can't have it every which way. Which is it?

I'm not a genius, I just have a decades worth of files and information on this matter, as well as the connections and resources to correctly analyze it. I can see very clearly what was done.

No one is "roasting" you for NOT buying a belt, they're roasting you for promoting yourself which you already admitted to doing.

And about the files, post them or shut up about them.
8/1/14 10:59 AM
checkuroil
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
He never contacted Otavio. That was Toby Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.