UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> White knighting on the atama forum

7/30/14 9:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
os3y3ris
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad mouthing a guy who couldn't even say where he got his belts. Oh the horror. Whining that of should lay off the "independents", as if I was arbitrarily picking random guys to discuss.

The two are related. If you work for yourself, it's less likely you get your promotions. Like... EVER. Then they say to the students, choose a black belt, they're higher quality. So now you're assumed to be of a lower quality because you work for yourself. Of course the dude tested for his black belt. You would too. But you can't empathize, because you don't run a program and have no idea what you are talking about.
7/30/14 10:21 PM
Setree
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

os3y3ris - 
Bad mouthing a guy who couldn't even say where he got his belts. Oh the horror. Whining that of should lay off the "independents", as if I was arbitrarily picking random guys to discuss.

The two are related. If you work for yourself, it's less likely you get your promotions. Like... EVER. Then they say to the students, choose a black belt, they're higher quality. So now you're assumed to be of a lower quality because you work for yourself. Of course the dude tested for his black belt. You would too. But you can't empathize, because you don't run a program and have no idea what you are talking about.

You awarded yourself a blackbelt. I'd tell your instructor about it, but...
7/30/14 10:23 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did CUO say that caused you to contact Eddie and what did you hope or anticipate Eddies resolution would be?

If Toby indeed did post pictures of CUO's family, what do you think the intent was? In my opinion, it's pretty much an attempt to intimidate and goes well beyond stuff like "I don't think you are a black belt" etc. Hence, I am interested where you feel that falls on the spectrum relative to what CUO did.
7/30/14 10:35 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

"As far as that whole BJJ police thing goes, what are you guys even talking about? WHO? "

Carlos Jr's brownshirts
7/30/14 11:04 PM
checkuroil
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
krept - What did CUO say that caused you to contact Eddie and what did you hope or anticipate Eddies resolution would be?

If Toby indeed did post pictures of CUO's family, what do you think the intent was? In my opinion, it's pretty much an attempt to intimidate and goes well beyond stuff like "I don't think you are a black belt" etc. Hence, I am interested where you feel that falls on the spectrum relative to what CUO did.
As if Eddie doesn't read the forum and doesn't know what's up with Toby. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/14 11:06 PM
BTTMike

os3y3ris - I told dude like it is. I won't spend money or do business with any organization that treats others that way. Eddie was mad chill, so I'll continue to do business with 10th Planet. Carlos was mad shady, so I won't do business with Barra. Yeah, I'm an instructor, but I'm a consumer too. So if I go to the local burger joint, and get jumped by a bunch of dudes from Burger King for buying a fake cheeseburger, yeah, Burger King might be getting a call. That seems to me to be a reasonable course of action.

As far as that whole BJJ police thing goes, what are you guys even talking about? WHO?
What would you do if you were training under someone who claimed and wears a Black Belt but was never promoted?

...oh wait.... Phone Post 3.0
7/30/14 11:11 PM
checkuroil
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why don't you post the emails Osiris to show everyone Phone Post 3.0
7/30/14 11:20 PM
The Loge
958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, the faggotry....

Snitches get stitches.... Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 12:06 AM
GaspareBJJ
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the BJJ guys were cool. That's mainly why I only post here. We should be a locked section Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 12:20 AM
ilovetortillas
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Internet = serious business Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 1:31 AM
shen
930 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Torrance, CA

Defending Toby is indefensible, period.

7/31/14 1:37 AM
TexDeuce
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Frawley - Just dumb. Adult tattle tales need to go back to the kids class. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 2:14 AM
robhustle
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muffinho - 
robhustle - This from the guy who tried to shit on Dean Lister for making a joke. Oh the ironing.

That isn't even remotely similar.

He white knights, and then bitches about white knights.

It's a tough one, I see why you don't get it.
7/31/14 2:31 AM
checkuroil

Contacting people in real life for internet shit is what I'm referring to. You're referring to me discussing a woman's rights to not deal with sexual innuendo in Bjj class Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 5:37 AM
JoejitsuMD
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Osiris said I was using eddies name to put down Toby.

Toby contacted Otavio to say I was disrespectful Phone Post 3.0
Two fake black belts grasping at straws. Whatever, just makes them look bad. The only time I have ever done something even close to that is when I contacted Robert Drysdale about Brandon Quick when he was instructor shopping. Even of someone is a disrespectful punk I would feel odd "telling on them" to their instructor. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 5:40 AM
JoejitsuMD
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should clarify, one black belt who seems to have promoted himself to purple and brown, then bought his black belt...the other for all purposes appears to be at that level but made a horrible decision to promote himself because someone who wasn't allowed to promote him told him he was ready to become a black belt. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 5:48 AM
JoejitsuMD

Maybe we should redirect this thread back to os3y3ris since each time a thread turned to people calling him out it ends up getting deleted. People really should be aware. Dude, someone who wasn't allowed to promote to black belt told you that you were ready to get a black belt. You didn't want to pay an affiliation fee to Carlos so you say, so YOU PROMOTED YOURSELF! What in the world is wrong with you that you find a way in our mind to rationalize that!?! I still find this so disturbing and if anyone should be telling on anyone, it's your students who should be aware of YOUR lack of integrity. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 7:27 AM
Berserker
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Richmond, VA

Fucking white knights ruin everything. They are the OG terrorists.

7/31/14 7:58 AM
RobertKipness
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF did I miss?
7/31/14 8:06 AM
raleigh

Who is os3y3ris? Who does he train under?
7/31/14 8:42 AM
Jessy Ringquist
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, York, PA
os3y3ris -

Aaaaaannnddd there is your problem... you think everyone else would do what Toby did. No doubt he thinks that everyone would do as he did too.

Oh, If only we would walk a mile in his shoes, right?

Hate to break it to ya pal, but the rest of us? We could have decided to run a bjj school on our own. We didn't. We decided to study under someone who could legitimately promote us with an eye toward opening a school of our own once we got a Blackbelt.

Those who DID start their own business understood (except for a few such as Toby and yourself), that it was going to be a longer, harder path to Blackbelt. It is also understood that a NON black belt Academy is considered lower quality than a Blackbelt Academy OR, to use your nomenclature, business, since you seem to feel that word legitimizes self promotion.

Either way, thank you for that insight into your mind. You think it is ok because it is what you would do. Vvvveeeeerrrryyyy telling.

Btw, make sure when you contact my instructor to rat me out that your tears sound real. Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 9:11 AM
Meatgrinder
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA
Jessy Ringquist - 
os3y3ris -

Aaaaaannnddd there is your problem... you think everyone else would do what Toby did. No doubt he thinks that everyone would do as he did too.

Oh, If only we would walk a mile in his shoes, right?

Hate to break it to ya pal, but the rest of us? We could have decided to run a bjj school on our own. We didn't. We decided to study under someone who could legitimately promote us with an eye toward opening a school of our own once we got a Blackbelt.

Those who DID start their own business understood (except for a few such as Toby and yourself), that it was going to be a longer, harder path to Blackbelt. It is also understood that a NON black belt Academy is considered lower quality than a Blackbelt Academy OR, to use your nomenclature, business, since you seem to feel that word legitimizes self promotion.

Either way, thank you for that insight into your mind. You think it is ok because it is what you would do. Vvvveeeeerrrryyyy telling.

Btw, make sure when you contact my instructor to rat me out that your tears sound real. Phone Post 3.0

...and to add to this... Even a non BB in business for himself, could train under a BB somewhere so that he could work towards his own BB.... I know of 3 school owners who did just that and trained under my instructor. There is no official affiliation other than good relationships that fosters a family-type network. 

And who the h3ll just tests for a BB?!! What makes a brown belt become a BB is so much more than what a test could ever demonstrate. That in itself should raise a huge flag.

7/31/14 9:44 AM
Tap247
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First, I would like to suggest that a few of you take a step back from the computer for a good long while. Breathe deep. Get a grip. Take a walk. Do whatever, but gain some life perspective. Geezuz.

Secondly, if you want to allow yourself to get sucked into this ridiculous forum psychosis, keep it anonymous, especially if you have a family. The world is full of a lot of fucked up people.

Gain some perspective!!! unbelievable
7/31/14 10:29 AM
os3y3ris

Imagine someone launching an internet campaign to strip you of your hard earned business/academic credentials based on rumors and lies. You didn't pay off the dean, so you don't get your degree. You run a business so your university demands a cut before graduation. You get a degree in education, so the competing professors bar you from graduating to protect their jobs. Indefensible behavior, but that's how independent instructors are treated by this community.

Most of the people on the sidelines do this as a hobby. It doesn't matter to them, so they attack lightly. But for people like myself, this is a serious matter. It is real life.

Snitches get stitches....

I do not advise attempting to use violence against me.
7/31/14 10:38 AM
talkischeap
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you dont say stupid shit that you dont really believe than whats the problem?
If you do believe in what you type than stick by it !

It is " just" a forum for mma opinions Not mean butthurt trolls who need drama every day to feel important . Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.