UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Metamoris secret match

8/2/14 10:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jonno
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've read a rumour that the secret match could involve Kenny Florian but wondered if anyone else had any ideas? There are a couple of others that i would love it to be but think both are way off. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 11:36 AM
GaspareBJJ
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo vs Rafa

Jk, but I wish Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 12:07 PM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryron vs. Laimon
8/2/14 12:15 PM
Aaron Lapointe
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Fort Thompson, SD

A clone of the 2004 Terere vs. Buchecha.

8/2/14 12:19 PM
checkuroil
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
Terrere is not allowed in the country Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 12:55 PM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Terrere is not allowed in the country Phone Post 3.0

Is that a ban on entering the country entirely, or just flying into the country?
8/2/14 1:26 PM
checkuroil
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He for deported. That's usually a 10 year ban minimum. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 1:52 PM
ElPulpo

checkuroil - He for deported. That's usually a 10 year ban minimum. Phone Post 3.0

Would be interesting if there was a way he could appeal. Undiagnosed schizophrenia and drug abuse seem like legit reasons for a mistake.
8/2/14 2:12 PM
PittBJJ
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Rodger im pretty sure he said he was going to start competing again.

8/2/14 3:06 PM
CompanyBlue

ElPulpo - 
checkuroil - He for deported. That's usually a 10 year ban minimum. Phone Post 3.0

Would be interesting if there was a way he could appeal. Undiagnosed schizophrenia and drug abuse seem like legit reasons for a mistake.

To be fair, those also sound like legit reason to keep someone out of the country, especially with a history of flipping out on an international flight like he did.
8/2/14 4:21 PM
Jonno

Roger Gracie or Marcelo Garcia would be epic. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 7:55 PM
Felipe Grez
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Darlinghurst, NSW

Damn forgot about this!!! I wonder who it will be?

8/2/14 8:48 PM
Tboney8669
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't get me wrong, I would live for it to be an epic name but if it was, why wouldn't they advertise it? They've placed mute cake on the title "secret match" than the name of the competitors. They're not making a promo vid for it (which almost scrapped Kit Dale's), they're not advertising the names to get more purchases for the event. It's just going to be an extra match for the people who already are watching. I hope I'm wrong though, I would love to see the value of this card meet the price assigned. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 8:57 PM
Meatgrinder
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

Well since there talking about someone matched against Kenny, I don't see it being any of the names mentioned... That's the secret match right? Where Kenny is one of the two competitors?

I can't think of any rival of his...

8/2/14 9:04 PM
JSho
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Terrere is not allowed in the country Phone Post 3.0
You sure, I thought an older thread concluded he hadn't been deported. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 10:10 PM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny v. Glover maybe?
8/3/14 5:17 PM
RocknRolla

ryron v laimon would be epic "gracie revenge"

side note...marcelo just just had knee surgery so it wont be him
8/3/14 5:19 PM
checkuroil

JSho -
checkuroil - Terrere is not allowed in the country Phone Post 3.0
You sure, I thought an older thread concluded he hadn't been deported. Phone Post 3.0
I'll ask a buddy of mine who knows him. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 6:32 PM
joe_mama
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

checkuroil - Terrere is not allowed in the country Phone Post 3.0

Dang, well hell, just have him show up at the border and say he's a minor and wants asylum shoot.
8/4/14 1:01 AM
tf1
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twister Trent - Kenny v. Glover maybe?
This. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 1:02 AM
tf1
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It might be Kenny against that announcer with the backpack from the last Metamoris. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 7:36 AM
Berserker
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Richmond, VA

In for results

8/4/14 7:36 AM
Berserker
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Richmond, VA

Would love to see Rickson vs JJ Machado

8/4/14 7:55 AM
KidPittsburgh
1161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tf1 - 
Twister Trent - Kenny v. Glover maybe?
This. Phone Post 3.0

I swear, if they take off their headsets and shed their suits (like Superman) to show a rashguard and nogi shorts, I'll be so indifferent to whether it's 'so cool' or 'so weak'
8/4/14 9:02 AM
Matthew Godden
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Buffalo, NY

I'm thinking Rhonda Rousey vs someone. Her "I can beat any black belt" thing came out around the time of the announcement of the seceret match.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.