UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> Metamoris secret match

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/4/14 9:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Drew Foster
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love for them to do the Bill Cooper/Ryan Hall match that was supposed to happen at Meta 2, or a Jeff Glover/Caio Terra no-gi rubber match.
8/4/14 9:39 AM
NyTerp3
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regarding Rousey, I have a tough time thinking the biggest name on the card would be buried in a secret match, rather than prominently displayed on the marquee. That would be a terrible promotional decision. I'm assuming it will be two names big enough to satiate hardcore fans, but not big enough that they would have moved the needle much if announced beforehand. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 9:48 AM
onyx2002
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the secret match is there way of saying we have some people in mind, we will see who is healthy and in our price range when the event rolls around.
8/4/14 9:51 AM
Lukinho
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NyTerp3 - Regarding Rousey, I have a tough time thinking the biggest name on the card would be buried in a secret match, rather than prominently displayed on the marquee. That would be a terrible promotional decision. I'm assuming it will be two names big enough to satiate hardcore fans, but not big enough that they would have moved the needle much if announced beforehand. Phone Post 3.0
This makes sense. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 10:52 AM
ChrisBJJ
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KidPittsburgh - 
tf1 - 
Twister Trent - Kenny v. Glover maybe?
This. Phone Post 3.0

I swear, if they take off their headsets and shed their suits (like Superman) to show a rashguard and nogi shorts, I'll be so indifferent to whether it's 'so cool' or 'so weak'

This is my guess as well, but similar to the post above, I think promoting Kenny Florian and his return to competition would be good for the event. So who knows
8/4/14 12:16 PM
KidPittsburgh
1285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisBJJ - 
KidPittsburgh - 
tf1 - 
Twister Trent - Kenny v. Glover maybe?
This. Phone Post 3.0

I swear, if they take off their headsets and shed their suits (like Superman) to show a rashguard and nogi shorts, I'll be so indifferent to whether it's 'so cool' or 'so weak'

This is my guess as well, but similar to the post above, I think promoting Kenny Florian and his return to competition would be good for the event. So who knows

PittBJJ and I were kicking around the idea that it'll be Rener, with him expecting everyone will lose their shit when he walks out on the mat like as if it were 1990s WWF when a wrestler would make a big come back or something; except no one would care that much.
8/4/14 12:22 PM
Twizz
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It has to be something interesting enough that it won't let everyone down, yet not important enough that they would have gotten more purchases if they would have announced it. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 12:32 PM
Twizz
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Ryron vs Schaub Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 12:41 PM
PrettyBoy
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twizz - Maybe Ryron vs Schaub Phone Post 3.0
Shuab will shut him down. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 2:41 PM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wallid vs. Royce would be pretty sweet.

Osiander vs. Rener just for the contrast in personalities.
8/4/14 2:46 PM
Open Mat Radio
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey just had surgery and with the paychecks she gets from the UFC I doubt she'd risk any injury for metamoris.

It will likely be someone metamoris has used before. Rumors of JT, Kenny and Glover have been circulating. It could also be Kevin Casey or a Gracie.

Ryan Hall was training with Kenny in LA for a bit. Maybe it was for Ryan's Mma or possibly Kenny's return to the mat? Either way with Sonen in possible trouble with the commission Metamoris may need a replacement headliner. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 3:10 PM
torquemada
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it was a big name, they wouldn't be keeping it a secret. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 4:50 PM
shark tank
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it was 2 big names, they wouldn't keep it a secret.

with the high expectations everyone has, people are bound to be disappointed. i'm just happy they are still putting on events.
8/4/14 4:53 PM
raleigh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce/Eddie
8/5/14 12:22 AM
BJJkilla
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

david lang vs a local white belt
8/5/14 1:36 AM
JaviersID

Kenflo Vs jeff Glover ?
8/5/14 2:48 AM
bjh13
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no way it is a big name like Rousey. They still have tickets available, having Rousey headline the card they could have sold out the venue for probably triple what they charged.

I would highly doubt it's any current UFC fighters. It's not going to be Ed O'Neil or anyone like that either. Even Ryron or Rener would be enough of a draw that hiding them in a secret match wouldn't make much sense.

Florian and Glover makes the most sense, but I could see it being two world champion purple or brown belts as well.
8/5/14 3:33 AM
TheBearStare
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's likely someone at the Gracie academy or a frirnd that they want to give some publicity too at the audience's expense Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 12:08 PM
BTTMike

It's definitely not Ryan. He just had elbow surgery today. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 12:12 PM
GaspareBJJ
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ElPulpo - Wallid vs. Royce would be pretty sweet.

Osiander vs. Rener just for the contrast in personalities.
Osiander vs Dean way funnier Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 12:21 PM
KidPittsburgh
1285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whitney Miller and some other hot lower belt
8/5/14 11:26 PM
seedheaduprg
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian "T-City" Ortega

8/6/14 10:31 AM
checkuroil
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Los Angeles, CA
Javi Vasquez vs glover? Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 1:17 AM
Root12
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce vs Sakuraba Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 2:04 AM
PTM2020
1920 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rickson V Kron  ; )

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.