UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Just for GaspareBJJ- Re: Marcelo

8/2/14 4:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kying418
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/02/14 4:33 PM

I will be seeing Marcelo in three weeks.

Give me three questions, and I will have him answer them for you.

Preferably BJJ related- but he also has a lot of knowledge with riding fixed gear bikes and Apple products.
8/2/14 4:56 PM
youarewhatiswrong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously? Marcelo is a hipster?
8/3/14 12:34 AM
kying418
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/03/14 12:35 AM
^ He does like those things...does that make him a hipster? I'm too old to be familiar with that.
8/3/14 2:37 AM
youarewhatiswrong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there were a Hipster test, the first question would be "Do you ride a Fixie?"

If you answered that question "Yes," then the next question would read "This is really just a formality at this point, but is there an Apple sticker anywhere to be found on it?"

If you answered that question "Yes," then the test would end right there, and the test proctor would toss you a PBR.
8/3/14 2:39 AM
kying418

youarewhatiswrong - If there were a Hipster test, the first question would be "Do you ride a Fixie?"

If you answered that question "Yes," then the next question would read "This is really just a formality at this point, but is there an Apple sticker anywhere to be found on it?"

If you answered that question "Yes," then the test would end right there, and the test proctor would toss you a PBR.

Haha- the only sticker he has on his bike is a MG (BJJ) one.

And, he doesn't drink...so maybe he is 1/2 a hipster :)
8/3/14 7:39 AM
One Armed Jack
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How skinny are his jeans, how bushy is his beard? That's how you know.

(Although, given how insanely thick Marcelo's legs are, I half expect that ALL pants are skinny-fit on him.)
8/3/14 9:42 AM
Lukinho
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - If there were a Hipster test, the first question would be "Do you ride a Fixie?"

This gave me a good LOL so please have my VU for the day. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 10:11 AM
GaspareBJJ
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP, you're the man. I'm gonna send you a PM. Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 11:03 AM
Judge Mental
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is the toughest person he has ever rolled with

8/3/14 11:49 AM
kying418

GaspareBJJ- I got the PM and your questions will be answered.

Judge Mental- Marcelo might not readily admit it, but I'm the toughest person he has ever rolled with.
8/3/14 12:46 PM
Daniël Bertina
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Amsterdam, The Neth.
Does Marcelo drink IPA's? Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 1:03 PM
GaspareBJJ
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daniël Bertina - Does Marcelo drink IPA's? Phone Post 3.0
That's a good one!

I actually don't think he drinks, therefore you're more hipster than he is! Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 2:16 PM
youarewhatiswrong

I love IPAs.

I also own a lot of apple products.

Wouldnt mind a fixie. . .

Dear God. . . Am I. . . Am I a hipster?
8/3/14 2:22 PM
GaspareBJJ

youarewhatiswrong - I love IPAs.

I also own a lot of apple products.

Wouldnt mind a fixie. . .

Dear God. . . Am I. . . Am I a hipster?
Same, but I DO own a fixie

I better order my shoyoroll now Phone Post 3.0
8/3/14 3:10 PM
kying418

Edited: 08/03/14 3:11 PM

He doesnt drink any alcohol whatsoever.

But, if he did, maybe it would be an IPA. (whatever that is haha)

PS- For those that don't know (he posted on twitter and his wife's FB page), Marcelo just got knee surgery last week- he tore his ACL.
8/3/14 3:51 PM
youarewhatiswrong

kying418 - 
He doesnt drink any alcohol whatsoever.

But, if he did, maybe it would be an IPA. (whatever that is haha)

PS- For those that don't know (he posted on twitter and his wife's FB page), Marcelo just got knee surgery last week- he tore his ACL.

Didn't know that, that's shitty. Wishing him a speedy recovery. But I was getting knee surgeries before knee surgeries were cool.
8/3/14 4:14 PM
Judge Mental
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kying418 - GaspareBJJ- I got the PM and your questions will be answered.

Judge Mental- Marcelo might not readily admit it, but I'm the toughest person he has ever rolled with.
And humble too Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 9:49 AM
Lukinho
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not to sidetrack the thread, but what is the benefit of a fixie over a regular bike? Just curious. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 10:39 AM
kying418

Judge Mental - 
kying418 - GaspareBJJ- I got the PM and your questions will be answered.

And humble too Phone Post 3.0

If you saw me and my skills, you would know I was joking :)
8/4/14 10:07 PM
kying418

Anyone else have any questions for him? I will try to ask him as much as I can, without him getting too annoyed at me.
8/6/14 10:28 AM
Lukinho

kying418 - Anyone else have any questions for him? I will try to ask him as much as I can, without him getting too annoyed at me.
Thanks, Kying! I would as him if he has any interest in competing at metamoris. IMO, he has nothing to prove and good for him if he'd like to retire. That said, I'm curious if metamoris is tickling his competitive spirit. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 10:46 AM
pbody
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to know more about his far side armbar from side control. As far as I can tell, his is unique. He seems to fall on his side rather than on his back, and he throws his leg over the body rather than keeping the knee and shin vertical, like it is traditionally taught.

I guess the question would be, how did he develop this, and what are the advantages of his method compared to the 'normal' way of doing the technique. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 12:00 PM
shark tank
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he could go back through the ranks, what things would he have worked or focussed on at each belt level?

Of the current generation, who does he most like to watch compete?

Kying-will you just be asking him these questions or making a video?
8/7/14 2:10 AM
FatFrenchFry
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does he manage to roll with EVERYONE,no matter what size, without being jacked up from injuries? (Unless he is) Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 7:19 AM
Lukinho

Another question I have for him is what does he do to stay motivated? The guy is training all the time, does he ever have to give himself a pep-talk or does he take scheduled breaks from training? He seems like a machine when it comes to consistent training. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.