UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Should i go to class if I'm sick

8/4/14 9:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
getgettinsomeread
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On like the last leg of a cold. Its almost through, i mean i could work out fine but is there just too much potential to get someone else sick? That's what I'm worried about. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 11:27 AM
Ozzimandias
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep your sick ass home.  Just go for a run or something else that doesnt involve you getting your team sick.

8/4/14 11:31 AM
js138
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't be that dude. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 11:59 AM
raleigh

no, what is your problem?
8/4/14 12:22 PM
Must
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your presence will not be appreciated. But you can always go up to your instructor before class starts and ask him. He'll set you straight.
8/4/14 12:45 PM
getgettinsomeread

Thank you for the insight.
I just want to do bjj all day. But i def dont want to be that.guy. ill just run. Thanks for the inputbthough Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 4:58 PM
sammy1
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you feel like you don't want to miss out on class, how about doing some solo drills at home? This way you're still practicing technique without getting the rest of your team sick.
8/4/14 6:19 PM
BTTMike

Stay off the mat when you're sick. Come on, son! Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 6:24 PM
getgettinsomeread

sammy1 - If you feel like you don't want to miss out on class, how about doing some solo drills at home? This way you're still practicing technique without getting the rest of your team sick.
That's why I'm asking geez loueeeeeezzzz Phone Post 3.0
8/4/14 9:59 PM
sammy1
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

getgettinsomeread - 
sammy1 - If you feel like you don't want to miss out on class, how about doing some solo drills at home? This way you're still practicing technique without getting the rest of your team sick.

I thought I was being nice :\
8/4/14 11:10 PM
ChipW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are your symptoms?

Fever, sore throat, muscle aches, head ache, maybe a little blood from various orifices?

Sure man, head on in there, you'll be fine Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 12:10 AM
getgettinsomeread

ChipW - What are your symptoms?

Fever, sore throat, muscle aches, head ache, maybe a little blood from various orifices?

Sure man, head on in there, you'll be fine Phone Post 3.0
Man I wish you said that sooner!
I'm on the way tail end of a cold.
I've been fiending for class Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 12:10 AM
getgettinsomeread

sammy1 -
getgettinsomeread - 

I thought I was being nice :\
Lolololowl wrong quote sorry bro! You were rather nice indeed Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 12:17 AM
falsecrack
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for sure you want to train thru illness if you can, don't let your peers get those classes in that you're missing...plus side bonus if you get them sick and they have to sit out...every man for himself!  jiujitsu lifestyle bro

8/5/14 9:11 AM
flemingo
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when i'm sick i go and watch the class but i don't drill or roll and avoid getting people sick
8/5/14 9:26 AM
liuk3
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would you want to roll with someone who is sick? Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 11:45 AM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a lot more than just rolling with someone who is sick. For example, my son has asthma and respiratory viruses, which are highly transmissible, hit him very hard to the extent he often needs nebulizer treatments and prednisolone.

A sick adult wouldn't be rolling with kids or parents, but if he's on the mat after the class, touches door handles and so on, a lot of people could get sick and some of them may have a compromised immune system.

Same thing applies to a sick kid. However, while it is almost a moot point, kids are sick more often with viruses to which adults have already acquired at least partial immunity.

The big thing is if you see a doctor, one question you should always ask is how long it will be until you are no longer able to transmit the disease (i.e. shedding active viral load in quantities that are likely to get someone else sick).

The bottom line is depending on what you have... a virus, a bacterial infection, a fungus, a simple allergy... you may be able to get someone really sick when you are asymptomatic, or you could feel like utter shit and it would be very difficult or impossible for you to get someone sick.
8/8/14 2:37 AM
TexDeuce
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - Don't be that dude. Phone Post 3.0
Can't stand it when dudes come in sick as a dog sneezing and blowing their nose looking like shit. How inconsiderate can you fucking be? Phone Post 3.0
8/8/14 7:55 AM
getgettinsomeread

TexDeuce -
js138 - Don't be that dude. Phone Post 3.0
Can't stand it when dudes come in sick as a dog sneezing and blowing their nose looking like shit. How inconsiderate can you fucking be? Phone Post 3.0
Hey fuck you cunt if i was inconsiderate i wouldn't be fucking asking Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.