UnderGround Forums

Revgear League BJJGround >> Deep half in MMA

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/5/14 7:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Soul Fighter Reese
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any suggestions on fighters using deep half in mma? I know Big Nog was able to apply it well, but looking for some other examples. Thanks
8/5/14 7:41 PM
BTTMike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Werdum. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 9:45 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lil nog has used it (think the brilz fight he hit a couple sweeps) and maia used it in his fight with quarry to take him down.
8/5/14 9:56 PM
Meatgrinder
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Newton, MA

JDS actually did some really nice deep 1/2 against Cain.

8/5/14 10:49 PM
Tubarao

Black Belt, Orlando, FL
most people i've seen just get hammer fisted in the face when they go deep half in mma... ouchie Phone Post 3.0
8/5/14 11:30 PM
joe_mama
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun
8/5/14 11:58 PM
phil the void
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wilson Reis Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 12:30 AM
PTM2020
1760 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phil the void - Wilson Reis Phone Post 3.0

yep!!!

8/6/14 1:20 AM
pray for japan

gsp against fitch is the best way to use it i think Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 2:02 AM
ColeMillerATT
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt Rashad vs Thiago silva have some deep half moments? Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 2:54 AM
Brian McLaughlin
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wilson in his Bellator days put on some epic deep half displays.  I've seen Evan Dunham hit a few nice sweeps too

8/6/14 3:56 AM
deepu
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Montreal, QC
Werdum vs bigfoot Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 2:51 PM
Gward is good
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any gifs of GSP vs Fitch?
8/6/14 2:58 PM
elburrogrande
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its hard to see it used in mma because you have to be really good at it to use it both in jiu jitsu and mma. Those that are really good at it tend to stick to bjj competitions. That being said there are some great gifs out there of lil nog and shogun. shogun in particular hits some nice deep half to heel hooks
8/6/14 3:54 PM
Soul Fighter Reese

Tubarao - most people i've seen just get hammer fisted in the face when they go deep half in mma... ouchie Phone Post 3.0

Yeah thats what happened this past weekend. My team mate and I sparred at a very reputable MMA gym and my buddy got caught in deep half and hammer fisted like crazy. Had there been elbows in sparring it'd have been really bad. Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate it. Wilson Reis never occurred to me but definitely worth the time to watch. Thanks again!
8/6/14 5:58 PM
triso
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soul Fighter Reese - 
Tubarao - most people i've seen just get hammer fisted in the face when they go deep half in mma... ouchie Phone Post 3.0

Yeah thats what happened this past weekend. My team mate and I sparred at a very reputable MMA gym and my buddy got caught in deep half and hammer fisted like crazy. Had there been elbows in sparring it'd have been really bad. Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate it. Wilson Reis never occurred to me but definitely worth the time to watch. Thanks again!

I don't think you can "play" deep half in MMA, meaning you can't just hang out there holding the position. It has to be a transitional position used to sweep or off balance. If the sweep fails you should probably bail until you can attempt it again.
8/6/14 6:17 PM
ElPulpo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre Galvao used it. Also I think Luke Stewart has used it.
8/6/14 6:34 PM
A_Butler
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoguns done it. But he mainly uses it to get back up. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/14 9:56 PM
1chaino
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some black guy who looks like Dave Camarillo has a pretty good instructional on pulling half guard. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 12:10 AM
Mrbrownfolks
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, fuck that. I would rather scramble and give up my back that sit in deep half.
8/7/14 12:16 AM
Gward is good

1chaino - Some black guy who looks like Dave Camarillo has a pretty good instructional on pulling half guard. Phone Post 3.0

Huh?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.