UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Anyone train with Ryan Clark?

8/6/14 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
koalaguard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Megaton black belt from Bend, OR. I'm moving down there soon and want to here about the gyms down there before I drop in to check them out.

I know about Roy Dean and have talked to people who know JT from desert dogs MMA but haven't heard much about Ryan Clark.
8/6/14 8:29 PM
ossclothing
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Clark is super legit! He helped put Oregon on the map
8/6/14 8:43 PM
Mike Wazowski
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ossclothing - Ryan Clark is super legit! He helped put Oregon on the map

you're a damned liar...

"In June, 1858, residents of the territory elected officials as defined by their new constitution. For months the fate of Oregon statehood floated on shifting political coalitions distrustful of changing the fragile balance of power in Congress. It was known Oregon would be a free state, yet its newly elected senators--Joseph Lane and Delazon Smith--were proslavery Democrats. Finally Congress acted and on February 14, 1859, President Buchanan signed the bill. Oregon joined the federal union."

Ryan Clark did not in fact put Oregon on the map.
8/6/14 9:30 PM
onyx2002
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he helped draw it on the map. You just don't know.
8/6/14 10:43 PM
falsecrack
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive played oregon trail a bunch, ryan clark always died of dysentary

8/6/14 11:59 PM
GaspareBJJ
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Wazowski -
ossclothing - Ryan Clark is super legit! He helped put Oregon on the map

you're a damned liar...

"In June, 1858, residents of the territory elected officials as defined by their new constitution. For months the fate of Oregon statehood floated on shifting political coalitions distrustful of changing the fragile balance of power in Congress. It was known Oregon would be a free state, yet its newly elected senators--Joseph Lane and Delazon Smith--were proslavery Democrats. Finally Congress acted and on February 14, 1859, President Buchanan signed the bill. Oregon joined the federal union."

Ryan Clark did not in fact put Oregon on the map.
I LOLed

Voted up Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:01 AM
JosephConnolly
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train with Ryan. He is a great coach. You're more than welcome to stop by and try it out. Our gym is very open to new members and visitors.

http://www.clarksuniversityofma.com/

Feel free to reach out to Ryan.
8/8/14 12:03 AM
ryanjudoka
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan is a great guy, definitely train there if in bend. Phone Post 3.0
8/8/14 4:18 PM
AlphaTardTravisFan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan is very legit, so is Roy Dean, you also have Marcello Alonso/ Carlson Gracie black belt JT Taylor in Bend, plus a Chris Brennan black belt at Victor submission fighting academy (think that's the name), Bend has great jiu jitsu for a small town, don't forget to go to Goodlife brewing in Thursday's for $2.75 pints Phone Post 3.0
29 days ago
goatfury
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Richmond, VA

Ryan came to visit me at my gym in Richmond, VA several years ago.  He was legit.  We had a great time, too!

28 days ago
TheloniusJ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Roy Dean student, but have done gym exchanges over at Ryan's place. Super legit and very cool guy. As someone else stated, there are a number of places to train in Bend. I would recommend you drop in at a couple places to check the scene out.

When you go to Clarks' watch out for Joesph Connolly. He is sneaky.
28 days ago
JosephConnolly
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lies, all lies.
28 days ago
AlphaTardTravisFan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/18/14 3:50 PM
Where would one go for stand up sparring in Bend ?
28 days ago
TheloniusJ

I think Ryan teaches stand-up. There is also a boxing gym in town which is supposed to be decent.

I'm guessing both JT and Erik Victor teach stand-up two, but I can't vouch for those schools.
27 days ago
jkd4200
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/19/14 3:08 AM
i would go to JT or Dean for sure.
27 days ago
ryanjudoka

I was at the match you posted, JT is significantly larger than Ryan. JT fights professionally at 185 while Ryan looks to be close to 160-170 walking around. That being said it wasn't a close match. I'm very sure however that Ryan has had a hand in developing more high level BJJ competitors than almost anyone in the NW. His old gym in Eugene Oregon was a hotbed of talent up here. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.