UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones details origin of beef w/ Cormier on Kimmel

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/7/14 8:40 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It's no secret that Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier don't like each other. Champion Jon Jones appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night and explained how it started:

“I had no problem with him at first,” Jones said. “I met him backstage at (UFC 121), and I heard he was an Olympic wrestler, and I wrestled at a junior college and won nationals for junior college, so obviously he probably has an advantage being an Olympic-level wrestler.

“So I go up to him just trying to start conversation, and I’m like, ‘Olympics, huh?’ And he’s like, ‘Yeah, I wrestled in the Olympics.’ I was like, ‘I bet I could take you down any day.’ And he just – I mean, I had no idea he’d be so prideful. He took some serious offense to the fact that I didn’t know who he was initially.”

read entire article...

8/7/14 8:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kind Sir
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Beef" cooked medium rare Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 8:52 AM
Damaynevent
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That may be part of it, but DC was talking shit about JBJ since he's been in Strikeforce. I'm guessing he knew or wanted their paths to cross at some point and wasn't trying to be buddies with him. I've seen DC interact with fans and other fighters and he's doesn't seem prideful or stand offish at all. He's a real nice dude and was really friendly. Maybe he and Jon's personalities just don't mix. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 8:53 AM
KidPittsburgh
1240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everybody knows DC likes Popeye's Chicken and not beef.
8/7/14 8:55 AM
BrattMamley
1465 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6yaHi0gWK8

8/7/14 8:56 AM
Rory MacRonald
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are they 5? Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 9:00 AM
IGOTBELCHED

Edited: 08/07/14 9:04 AM
Jones' autoque in full force. And LOL at them joking about Cormier's 4th place at the Olympics in a Bracket with Kurtianidze, Gatsalov, Ibragimov, Heydari, shemarov etc. back when there was only one bronze medal, Cormier would've had a bronze under the current format, and Jon jones would've been raped in the first round, of course Kimmel doesn't have a clue guy probably doesn't even know what a wrestling mat looks like.
8/7/14 9:01 AM
pennviachoke
1300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sick of all this already...just hurry up & fight Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 9:19 AM
DickolasNicholas

I don't care for either that much. But to say ‘I bet I could take you down any day.’ without even knowing the dude or seeing him fight comes off so cocky. I know JBJ ment it as a joke but still messed up. I'm going with DC for the W. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 9:24 AM
lifeaftrprison
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact that grown men don't understand why JBJ was completely wrong and disrespectful is baffling. I'll tell you what , walk up to any bjj BB and say I hear you're a black belt , I could tap you any day ! See what his reaction is. They did not know each other it's not polite to insult someone's chosen profession the first time you interact. Unless you're trying to be an ass or start a fight. He knew what he was doing and was trying to be an ass IMO. And now pretends like he was just a nice kid trying to make a friend. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 9:29 AM
sacredhate
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda takes bronze and she's the biggest talent the sport has ever been graced with.

DC takes 4th and that's a pathetic accomplishment worthy of "just a ribbon".

I want JBJ to beat DC, but that was a frustrating thing to watch...Kimmel too, what's his rank amongst late night hosts?
8/7/14 9:58 AM
CaptChaos
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon just has an annoying personality imo.

Some of those matches in the Olympics are so close. 1 mistake and it could mean the difference between Silver and not placing. I'm glad DC did not medal. I think it's what gives him the fire to compete in mms today.
8/7/14 10:19 AM
HandyDarsh
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man the 5th time i hear him explain this was the best time

just kidding how much longer do i have to wait for this fyte

8/7/14 10:24 AM
8flat
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How anyone can stand this guy is beyond me.  I can't wait for DC to take his belt, the kid needs to be humbled.

8/7/14 10:36 AM
rockwell
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the "beef" began when JBJ acted like a dick to DC then. Colour me surprised!

And ragging on DC for coming 4th in the Olympics is shitty beyond belief. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 10:55 AM
djones
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really think DC gets beat up in this fight.....I like him, love his wrestling and respect his accomplishments immensely.... I just dont think he has the size to get inside JBJ reach like Gus did. But hey, thats why they fight so we'll see.
8/7/14 11:04 AM
gum989
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one that remembers a completely different story, that DC told a while back, about there first encounter?

It involved DC's manager being told that Jones' people wouldn't do any business with him, as long as he was involved with DC.
8/7/14 11:07 AM
Game of Jones

gum989 - Am I the only one that remembers a completely different story, that DC told a while back, about there first encounter?

It involved DC's manager being told that Jones' people wouldn't do any business with him, as long as he was involved with DC.
Good point Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 11:15 AM
Tommy Gunnz
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DickolasNicholas - I don't care for either that much. But to say ‘I bet I could take you down any day.’ without even knowing the dude or seeing him fight comes off so cocky. I know JBJ ment it as a joke but still messed up. I'm going with DC for the W. Phone Post 3.0
this. JBJ came off like a total douche, no wonder DC wants to smash him Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 11:18 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats up with that vest?

a sleeveles suit?

8/7/14 11:20 AM
hawgchao

that is neither how or where it started.

ohio
8/7/14 11:21 AM
cecils_pupils

I am a Jones fan and just glad to see him embracing the heel role.  He is arrogant and deservedly so, definately disrespected DC.  But who cares, Muhammid Ali was the same, so is Rousey.  Fuck it, be the heel, you don;t have to impress anyone or be a role model if you don't want to, be yourself, be the arrogant dick if that is who you are.

8/7/14 11:24 AM
TexDeuce
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but Muhammed Ali had a charming aspect to him and was at times funny as shit. Jon Jones has none of that. Dude is just a dick. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/14 11:24 AM
disbeliever
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
His stories keep changing
8/7/14 11:26 AM
HandyDarsh
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like jones is butthurt here, how would you respond to that passive aggressive comment? I bet Cormier takes his wrestling seriously, and jones is probably used to people laughing at all his jokes that he's upset Daniel didn't think it was hilarious. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.