UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Big thanks to Joe Rogan and Robin Black!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/14/14 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LawrenceKenshin
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/14/14 5:14 PM

Big thanks to Joe Rogan and Robin Black for another amazing JRE episode. In December, when I was just starting to do striking analysis, I sent a breakdown to Joe - "Ernesto Hoost: The Perfect Low-Kick.

As you can see, he was incredibly supportive and it led me to start producing video breakdowns, with the first being the Ernesto Hoost low-kick. 

About 15 videos later, a UGer named TazStyles shared my work here, and Kirik generously gave me an amazing platform to share the analyses. 

More recently, I've had the honor to collaborate with Robin Black, a man whose great underdog story you have to hear. He faced improbable odd and was criticized as an outsider, but years of hard work and persistence turned it all around. Now he's living a dream. It's great folks like Robin that entered an uncharted territory and paved the road with excellence, endless passion, and enthusism.   

Yesterday, I got a shout-out from them both, and I'm still floating. Really appreciate the generosity and it truly means alot. Also big thanks to the UG & Kirik for all the support! I wouldn't be here without all this altruism, and now I'm more driven for continual improvement than I've ever been. 

Do check out the amazing episode,

8/14/14 5:13 PM
Ray Cappa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice! Phone Post 3.0
8/14/14 6:19 PM
Robin Black
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the kind words Lawrence.

Hey, all we did was talk about work we liked. You did the work man!

This little niche within a niche analysis that guys like you and Jack are exploring is really exciting and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Like I was telling Joe I'm also really glad that guys like Jack and you and I are thrilled by each others' work and supportive of each other.

Keeo up the awesome work man, keep doing what you love.

Thanks for the collaboration on our last piece and thanks for being someone to bounce ideas back and forth with. Lookin forward to working again lots more.

Dude, seriously, man I had fun with Joe. Glad I could represent for our little niche.
8/14/14 6:20 PM
LawrenceKenshin
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Cappa - Nice! Phone Post 3.0

Cheers =). 

8/14/14 6:20 PM
Robin Black
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PS Kirik is the man.
8/14/14 6:22 PM
jasonhightower
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great podcast fellas! Phone Post 3.0
8/14/14 6:35 PM
Switchheadkick
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome podcast, I read/watch yours, robins, and jack slacks breakdowns and analysts whenever I come across them.

Keep up the good work all of you. Phone Post 3.0
8/14/14 7:16 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UG needs more of this and less fighter bashing and shit talk. VU OP. Phone Post 3.0
8/14/14 7:46 PM
toddiejasl
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - The UG needs more of this and less fighter bashing and shit talk. VU OP. Phone Post 3.0
Never a truer word said... Phone Post 3.0
8/14/14 8:54 PM
mikemalc
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robin I love all the breakdowns you do, the Condit one really opened my eyes to how high level you have to be to respond to your opponents movements and attacks. I really enjoyed the podcast, particularly interested in the science of the mind helping you achieve set goals. Thanks for a great podcast! Phone Post 3.0
8/14/14 9:21 PM
MegaCholo2000
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robin Black - PS Kirik is the man.
Hope your next fight goes your way. Phone Post 3.0
8/15/14 1:02 AM
LawrenceKenshin

Robin Black - Thanks for the kind words Lawrence.

This little niche within a niche analysis that guys like you and Jack are exploring is really exciting and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Like I was telling Joe I'm also really glad that guys like Jack and you and I are thrilled by each others' work and supportive of each other.

Thanks for the collaboration on our last piece and thanks for being someone to bounce ideas back and forth with. Lookin forward to working again lots more.

Dude, seriously, man I had fun with Joe. Glad I could represent for our little niche.

The best representative we have =). Definitely going to listen to the episode multiple times. 

Thanks for making this my favorite week, great times ! 

Jack / Kirik is the man indeed. 

8/15/14 1:55 AM
Robin Black

LawrenceKenshin - 

The best representative we have =). Definitely going to listen to the episode multiple times. 

HOLY SH!T!!

What if Kirik IS Jack Slack?

I mean, I've never seen them in the same room together?
8/15/14 2:09 AM
DSoV
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I listened to the episode last night, great episode, thanks a lot man.

I found it very interesting that you're wanting another fight, I think you said 1 last fight? That's awesome man, cant wait to see that.
8/15/14 2:19 AM
ams
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't find the podcast. It's it on JRE? I wanted to download it to my Iphone Phone Post 3.0
8/15/14 2:40 AM
cdizzle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ams - I can't find the podcast. It's it on JRE? I wanted to download it to my Iphone Phone Post 3.0

Yeah it was on JRE yesterday. You shouldn't have trouble finding it, second most recent podcast.

I want Robin on a fight companion. That would be sweet.
8/15/14 3:00 AM
LawrenceKenshin

Robin Black - 
LawrenceKenshin - 

HOLY SH!T!!

What if Kirik IS Jack Slack?

I mean, I've never seen them in the same room together?

Mind is blown. I mean, Kirik was an owner of a karate school... AND he's stayed in Britain. He also writes beautifully... and who else has more historical knowledge of MMA than Kirik? Jack's slogan is the "Fight Historian" after all...

Alright, conspiracy theorizing means it's probably a good time to sleep. 

8/15/14 3:01 AM
Ben Saunders
979 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
8/15/14 9:50 AM
LawrenceKenshin

Switchheadkick - Awesome podcast, I read/watch yours, robins, and jack slacks breakdowns and analysts whenever I come across them.

Keep up the good work all of you. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks man !

8/15/14 9:58 AM
LawrenceKenshin

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - The UG needs more of this and less fighter bashing and shit talk. VU OP. Phone Post 3.0

Cheers! 

8/15/14 11:49 AM
Lyoto Drank Chris Weiners Pee
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Phone Post 3.0
8/15/14 2:16 PM
LawrenceKenshin

Lyoto Drank Chris Weiners Pee - Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Phone Post 3.0

Thanks! Will do. 

8/16/14 9:06 AM
LawrenceKenshin

The Tiger Man - Great episode. Phone Post 3.0

Can't wait to see the next one!

8/16/14 9:12 AM
Kirik
2437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Very cool :-)

8/16/14 9:13 AM
CaptainThunderPlums
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome podcast, up there with rufus and hackleman I really love how in depth it was and how enthusiastic you guys both are about the sport. fucken epic Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.