UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Depression and Suicide Resources

8/18/14 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dhughes
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After some conversation with other mods and site admins, etc., I've asked a friend of mine, who works in the field, to put together a list of links that might not only pertain to depression and suicide but also to some of the more unique problems that are presented to individuals who fight, train, or have experienced head trauma.  Please feel free to post links or other materials that you feel would be helpful as well.

This is a topic that has come up quite a bit around here, and is a genuine concern, so hopefully everyone will keep it constructive and respectful.

8/18/14 3:18 PM
ontilt
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a good cause
8/18/14 3:39 PM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

We've had a depression and suicide problem on this site for a while now.

I think with the tragic suicide of Robin Williams it's time to have a real conversation about this.

8/18/14 3:45 PM
Gspthegoat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 3:48 PM
Molsonmuscle360
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA - 

I think with the tragic suicide of Robin Williams it's time to have a real conversation about this.

I agree, outside of the situations we even know about on the UG/OG, how many of the more private posters who don't have any members on any kind of outside social media or anything have just gone away, and we never know what happened, I'm positive that more than a couple of those people probably went down that route.

The OG itself is a great resource for when you are feeling depressed or suicidal.   Oboe's thread for hurting OG'ers should be on the list of resources in the OP.

8/18/14 3:51 PM
garrote
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 4:27 PM
MrTapout04
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good stuff

the help is out there for those who need it, do not be embarrassed, you are not alone

can this be made a sticky?

8/18/14 4:29 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

8/18/14 4:31 PM
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/18/14 4:32 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

should PIN this thread to top

things can  can ALWAYS be worse...

I find Eric Thomas's speeches about his life a pick me up on youtube if you want motivation and hope

8/18/14 4:32 PM
DreamerMMA
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Molsonmuscle360 - 
DreamerMMA - 

I agree, outside of the situations we even know about on the UG/OG, how many of the more private posters who don't have any members on any kind of outside social media or anything have just gone away, and we never know what happened, I'm positive that more than a couple of those people probably went down that route.

The OG itself is a great resource for when you are feeling depressed or suicidal.   Oboe's thread for hurting OG'ers should be on the list of resources in the OP.

Good idea about Oboe's thread.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts_updsub&forum=2&thread=2226493&page=1&pc=2372

8/18/14 4:33 PM
DreamerMMA

We've requested a sticky.

Hoping it gets approved.

8/18/14 4:46 PM
KnockoutThoughts
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect OP. Thanks for putting this up. TTT. And to anyone who is feeling down or hurt, before you consider doing something stupid, please hit me with a pm. I'm available to talk to anyone on here as are many others. Keep your head up despite the struggle, and things will always get better. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 4:50 PM
RickStorm
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/18/14 4:50 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT until Kirik or Jason stickies this on entire site

8/18/14 4:54 PM
Hotlanta
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suicide is definately not the answer nor are drugs and alcohol. I am against all 3. Glad there are Forums and Individuals that are ready to step up and help total strangers. Good stuff man!

Love this site!

8/18/14 5:03 PM
Lurkdaddy316
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
8/18/14 5:04 PM
Dead President
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 5:39 PM
Oddessa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGWnqNf6t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJWIRyUAur8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CocjtcTJaio

http://youtu.be/WTFnmsCnr6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okpf-cgIwFE

Pain Is TEMPORARY!!!! It May Last A Minute, Or An Hour, Or A Day, Or A Year, But Eventually It Will Subside And Something Else Will Take Its Place.

If I Quit, However, IT LASTS FOREVER....

smart guy embed please..this shit's REAL

8/18/14 6:05 PM
RickStorm
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT

8/18/14 6:09 PM
ShanTheMan
801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Add me to your pm list if anyone who sees this just need a set of ears. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 6:21 PM
Oddessa

This is the one I was looking for ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QPLW9ItP2U

YOU MATTER!

Now I gotta get back to work.

hope it helps ... it's impossible not to.

8/18/14 6:25 PM
Charizard
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 6:26 PM
MMAtador
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff UG Phone Post 3.0
8/18/14 7:22 PM
time traveling 12er
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump
8/18/14 7:45 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been there!

willing to help anyone who considers ending it. please talk to someone. PM me ANYTIME.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.