8/22/14 10:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/24/14 1:26 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

8/24/14 3:58 PM
Kneeblock
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 6:57 PM
Topsyjt
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. One off the best threads here.
Is this a sticky yet?? Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:09 PM
IZASH INDUSTRY
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Robin Williams thing really knocked the wind out of me I have to admit. I appreciate this thread very much
8/24/14 7:15 PM
ChaosOverkill
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't seek help or advice from Henry Rollins, he'll just insult you and tell you to get over it and lift weights.

He called Williams a Coward, I lost what respect I had left for Rollins after that.

People like him have on perspective and rarely have room for debate.

But also great thread, mental illness runs in my family. Anxiety disorder, extreme Bi-polar disorder, other personality disorders, and thankfully none of succeeded in killing themselves although a few have tried frequently, one that used to be a famous lawyer here in Canada that was a superstar for a while but his Bi-Polar mania destroyed his life and he now drinks his pain away in a fishing shack staring at a length of rope.

8/24/14 7:19 PM
IZASH INDUSTRY
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Don't seek help or advice from Henry Rollins, he'll just insult you and tell you to get over it and lift weights.

He called Williams a Coward, I lost what respect I had left for Rollins after that.

But also great thread, mental illness runs in my family. Anxiety disorder, extreme Bi-polar disorder, other personality disorders, and thankfully none of succeeded in killing themselves although a few have tried frequently, one that used to be a famous lawyer here in Canada that was a superstar for a while but his Bi-Polar mania destroyed his life and he now drinks his pain away in a fishing shack staring at a length of rope.

I had no idea that Rollins said that and I was immediately livid upon reading your words.

So I looked it up .. and the first thing I saw was his apology. I think it's worth acknowledging. It seems genuine.
8/24/14 7:20 PM
IZASH INDUSTRY

Blue Please

http://www.nme.com/news/henry-rollins--2/79350
8/24/14 7:23 PM
FETT_the geek
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IZASH INDUSTRY - 
ChaosOverkill - 

I had no idea that Rollins said that and I was immediately livid upon reading your words.

So I looked it up .. and the first thing I saw was his apology. I think it's worth acknowledging. It seems genuine.

His apology is spot on and sincere...

AN APOLOGY

08-22-14
August 22 2014

2016 PST

For the last 9+ hours, I have been answering letters from people from all over the world. The anger is off the scale and in my opinion, well placed.

The article I wrote in the LA Weekly about suicide caused a lot of hurt. This is perhaps one of the bigger understatements of all time. I read all the letters. Some of them were very long and the disappointment, resentment and ringing clarity was jarring.

That I hurt anyone by what I said, and I did hurt many, disgusts me. It was not at all my intent but it most certainly was the result.

I have had a life of depression. Some days are excruciating. Knowing what I know and having been through what I have, I should have known better but I obviously did not. I get so mad when I hear that someone has died this way. Not mad at them, mad at whatever got them there and that no one magically appeared to somehow save them.

I am not asking for a break from the caning, take me to the woodshed as much as you see fit. If what I said has caused you to be done with me, I get it.

I wrote something for the LA Weekly that they will post on Monday.

I wanted to get this out at this moment.

I am deeply sorry. Down to my marrow. I can’t think that means anything to you, but I am. Completely sorry. It is not of my interest to hurt anyone but I know I did. Thank you for reading this. Henry
8/24/14 7:25 PM
ChaosOverkill
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 7:27 PM
FETT_the geek - 
IZASH INDUSTRY - 
ChaosOverkill - 

AN APOLOGY

08-22-14
August 22 2014

2016 PST

For the last 9+ hours, I have been answering letters from people from all over the world. The anger is off the scale and in my opinion, well placed.

The article I wrote in the LA Weekly about suicide caused a lot of hurt. This is perhaps one of the bigger understatements of all time. I read all the letters. Some of them were very long and the disappointment, resentment and ringing clarity was jarring.

That I hurt anyone by what I said, and I did hurt many, disgusts me. It was not at all my intent but it most certainly was the result.

I have had a life of depression. Some days are excruciating. Knowing what I know and having been through what I have, I should have known better but I obviously did not. I get so mad when I hear that someone has died this way. Not mad at them, mad at whatever got them there and that no one magically appeared to somehow save them.

I am not asking for a break from the caning, take me to the woodshed as much as you see fit. If what I said has caused you to be done with me, I get it.

I am deeply sorry. Down to my marrow. I can’t think that means anything to you, but I am. Completely sorry. It is not of my interest to hurt anyone but I know I did. Thank you for reading this. Henry

Good, some faith restored. Thanks

8/24/14 7:26 PM
FETT_the geek
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
FETT_the geek - 
IZASH INDUSTRY - 
ChaosOverkill - 

AN APOLOGY

08-22-14
August 22 2014

2016 PST

Good, some faith restored. Thanks

No problem brother.
8/24/14 7:33 PM
IZASH INDUSTRY

Thanks guys
8/24/14 8:28 PM
Thingading
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I asked someone who suffered from pretty severe depression and was open about it what it "felt" like. Kind of a stupid question, but I didn't know how else to ask. He said the best way he could describe it to those who asked was for them to think of the most down and distraught you've felt (even though it eventually passed) and then imagining that emotion not passing and instead feeling that way pretty much every day of your life.
8/24/14 9:10 PM
DaleJr88Fan
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 1:06 AM
devilishstoner
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for this thread. It's good to be reminded that we are part of a community here, even if there's a lot of negativity or bickering. I'm happy to be a part of it.
8/25/14 9:03 PM
Topsyjt
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

devilishstoner - Thanks for this thread. It's good to be reminded that we are part of a community here, even if there's a lot of negativity or bickering. I'm happy to be a part of it.
. TTT Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 9:10 PM
DreamerMMA
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

ttt

8/25/14 9:32 PM
jonnyutah
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 4:41 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
8/26/14 2:35 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

8/26/14 3:56 PM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddessa -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGWnqNf6t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJWIRyUAur8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CocjtcTJaio

http://youtu.be/WTFnmsCnr6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okpf-cgIwFE

Pain Is TEMPORARY!!!! It May Last A Minute, Or An Hour, Or A Day, Or A Year, But Eventually It Will Subside And Something Else Will Take Its Place.

If I Quit, However, IT LASTS FOREVER....

smart guy embed please..this shit's REAL

Awesome that you care man honestly
But as someone who suffers from major depressive disorder, the old sayings pain is temporary or "long term relief for a temporary problem" really aren't true.
Depression for me and others isn't temporary it's something we are living with everyday. The real battle is about finding ways to find the positivity in life more than the negativity. But it's never temporary. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 5:11 PM
Oddessa

mine goes in cycles...

highs are too high & lows are too low..unballanced..but I recognize the both sides..

unfortunately...maybe...no way of knowing...I saw a doctor years ago....and if I could have one thing back it would be the 1st script he wrote.

I wanna believe I don't need any medicine..but now..if I do and quit them..I worry about consequences of quiting them.

8/26/14 5:12 PM
Oddessa

I do keep TTT the thread because it's my own effort to better myself or learn from other people's experiences.

And if one thing helps someone else..it's a great thing.

8/26/14 6:05 PM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddessa -

I do keep TTT the thread because it's my own effort to better myself or learn from other people's experiences.

And if one thing helps someone else..it's a great thing.

Awesome ;) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.