UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barao will dominate Dillashaw

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/20/14 7:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jpm995 - Hopefully its not like the Cain Junior 2/3 fights. JDS camp thinks he 'overtrained', changes nothing and he gets beat the same way. Hopefully Barao's camp can fix what went wrong but this rematch may be too soon.

What went wrong, IMO, was that TJ was clearly the better striker. It's not an easy thing to fix.
8/20/14 9:56 AM
Damaynevent

I think Barao is going to try to wrestle more and use his BJJ. TJ was clearly the better striker, had better foot work and had the speed advantage. Those are tough disadvantages to overcome in such a short turnaround. Barao is dangerous as usual, but I don't see him dominating TJ or winning this fight. Anything can happen... Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 10:05 AM
BubblesNS
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - It's going to be a lot like Anderson beating Sonnen after getting dominated in the first fight. Of course Anderson won the first fight but if Chael would won. There would have been a lot of people in here saying Anderson does deserve a rematch. Of this time Dillashaw will lose via knockout and everyone will understand why Barao is still PFP the best in the world. Phone Post 3.0
I respectfully disagree. I though TJ looked like he was a ufc fighter from 5 years in the future. High level shit. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 10:07 AM
Rob San Soo

Cruz style is hard deal with Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 10:16 AM
Josh_underground
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Barao takes it. Not that TJ didn't deserve the win, he beat him pretty good. But TJ clipped Barao so hard in the 1st, he wasn't in the fight at all after that. My money is on Barao to land the first big strike this time.

But it wouldn't shock me at all to see TJ retain and Barao to move to 145. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 10:17 AM
BW92
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread sucks. Anderson/Chael comparison is completely out of whack. Dillashaw is the new breed version of Barao and this rematch doesn't need to happen because Renan is going to be in no mans land when he comes up short again Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 11:02 AM
Billyz
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the Brazilian theme of not changing your game plan after being beaten pillar to post falls into play
JDS Cain 2 and then 3 always makes me think this because of the similarities.

Then Barao makes it more difficult but still loses a decision.

However part of me wonders if Dillashaws performance that night was one of those "nights in a career" type performances where the star align and a fighter is just incredible on that one night. See Mirko the night he won the GP for a prime example.
8/20/14 11:29 AM
xsrg95
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeauTown - I'm going for barao I think that was a off night for him, but he will come back and ko tj Phone Post 3.0

barao did saved the card coming in and with all the p4p talk it could of messed with his mind set and camp preparations. i think they also underestimated tj since eveyone thought he would be an easy fight even his own team. he has the team to out skill and prepare a counter game plan and win the rematch. only problem is taking the fight too early and being knocked out. should have rested until the end of the year.
8/20/14 11:33 AM
Hate420
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Barao is gonna starch TJ this time around Dodson style and set up an epic trilogy fight.

At least I can hope. A good rivalry like this is what the BW division needs. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 11:46 AM
Yun
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - It's going to be a lot like Anderson beating Sonnen after getting dominated in the first fight. Of course Anderson won the first fight but if Chael would won. There would have been a lot of people in here saying Anderson does deserve a rematch. Of this time Dillashaw will lose via knockout and everyone will understand why Barao is still PFP the best in the world. Phone Post 3.0
Looks like similar situation but not really. Chael exploited Anderson's weakness, which were take downs but in the end, he couldn't capitalize on it.
TJ dominated Barao's strength which was his stand up and even finished him in the end.
Barao had absolutely NOTHING for him. Barao's flat footed stance has no chance against TJ's movement.
When I rewatch that fight, I try to focus on TJ's footwork and it's mesmerizing. Changing stance of mid-combo, If he's stepping back to avoid strikes, while he's at it, he'll change stance. Like there was absolutely no wasted movement. Most efficient footwork

Elaborate more on what Barao can do to overcome that other than just KO him like Anderson did.... Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 11:50 AM
AdmiralCackbar
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People keep mentioning Sonnen vs. Silva I as a comparison, but I think this will more closely mirror the first two Edgar/Penn fights.
8/20/14 11:56 AM
ausgepicht

Easters - 
AllNightLong - No.

He's a viable threat

But I think Dillashaw has his number. Phone Post 3.0
Agree Phone Post 3.0

This.

LOL@Barao making adjustments. How complex and cerebral do his fans think he is? His only adjustments are going to be "Hit him harder."

And apparently Barao's fans are so drunk on Acai Kool-Aid that they believe adjustments only go one way. Only Barao can make adjustments.

Well, I've got news for you: Dillashaw will not only ALSO make adjustments - and AGAIN being one step ahead of Barao - but unlike Barao, Dillashaw shows massive changes and improvements in his style and ability with each appearance.

How many improvements do you think he will have made by fight time?

Dillashaw by KO to the Acai Kool-Aid Pitcher, spilling kool-aid everywhere.
8/20/14 11:58 AM
Doc T
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJ fought a perfect fight last time. Anything less and I expect barao to take it. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 12:13 PM
mixedmartialfarts
1360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillashaw takes this one again unless he lets himself get clipped. Also, put me in the camp that thinks this rematch shouldn't even be happening. The first fight wasn't even close and I think the comparisons to Anderson's immediate rematch aren't really the same at all.

If it's a razor close fight and the champ loses a decision, I think that warrants an immediate rematch. Simply being undefeated in X amount of fights doesn't warrant a rematch unless a large part of that run involved consecutive title defenses imo.

In my mind there's a BIG difference between a champ that has a large number of consecutive title defenses and a champ that has a great undefeated run but only a few title defenses. The former has a much better argument for an immediate rematch than the latter.
8/20/14 12:18 PM
ausgepicht

mixedmartialfarts - Dillashaw takes this one again unless he lets himself get clipped. Also, put me in the camp that thinks this rematch shouldn't even be happening. The first fight wasn't even close and I think the comparisons to Anderson's immediate rematch aren't really the same at all.

If it's a razor close fight and the champ loses a decision, I think that warrants an immediate rematch. Simply being undefeated in X amount of fights doesn't warrant a rematch unless a large part of that run involved consecutive title defenses imo.

In my mind there's a BIG difference between a champ that has a large number of consecutive title defenses and a champ that has a great undefeated run but only a few title defenses. The former has a much better argument for an immediate rematch than the latter.

I see why you have so many green arrows. Well said.

The OP confused "I pray and hope Barao dominates Dillashaw." with his wild guess. He's a Nostradumbass.

Barao showed nothing in that fight that suggests he would win this one.
8/20/14 12:19 PM
Santo Amaro
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a big Barao fan but its going to be tough as hell to get the win. My money will be on Barao though. That first hard punch screwed his performance last time out

8/20/14 12:31 PM
Brabatross

TJ's the better striker and wrestler. I think the only way Barao wins this is if he locks in a sub. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 4:20 PM
MattBFD
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad comparison because TJ beat Barao at his own game. Andy/Chael was a style vs style. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 4:31 PM
eXtv
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Renan said that he only 'woke up' once he was backstage that worried me. He genuinely may never be the same fighter again.
8/20/14 5:38 PM
E55 Pilot
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dillashaw is going to own him again.
8/20/14 5:58 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo -
Gulping the LayNBaderade -
mijo - 
fraz1001 - Speed kills Phone Post 3.0
Barao took the blunt of the punishment but Barao was hitting Dillashaw pretty good too. Actually I see this being an easier win than some of his dominating fights. That's why Dillashaw was crying about the rematch. You go undefeated for 7 plus years and lose in the 5th rd after getting all but knocked out in the earlier rds and people say you don't deserve a rematch. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

lol, he got fucking dominated for all 5 Rounds, it was one of the most one sided ass kicking I have ever seen taken by a champion. this wasn't some fluke KO. he got fucking tooled in every way possible. fact is, he DIDN'T deserve a rematch. you gotta be an idiot to think he deserved an immediate rematch.
Well since he got it. Anderson got dominated the same fashion and came back and dominated Sonnen. Dillashaw will lose sooner and more convincing than Sonnen for sure! Phone Post 3.0
Anderson got wreslefucked for 4.5 rounds and taken out of his element. TJ beat Barao at his own game. Notice a difference? Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 6:01 PM
BW92
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When this fight is over we'll have seen another sequence of fights similar to Cain's last 2 beatdowns on Junior, and immediate rematches will not happen unless they're warranted
8/20/14 6:22 PM
mijo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - Yup just like SERIOUS ANDERSON SILVA was going to crush Chris the second time lol.

Damn MMA fans could be the dumbest Phone Post 3.0
He broke his leg! You're an idiot. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/14 6:24 PM
GarlicSenior

I really don't understand why anyone would think Barao would beat TJ or why this rematch is even happening at all after how the first encounter went. It wasn't like Barao got caught with a flash KO in the first before we could see the fight really play out. TJ dominated him bell to bell in the area where Renan was supposed to have the advantage and then finished him in the last round, that's about as definitive as it gets. Renan is a great fighter and it's MMA so anything can happen but I see this being another flogging.
8/20/14 6:27 PM
RJJH
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suspiciouslyofficial - At first I cared wether Barao deserved an immediate rematch, but now I just wanna see another great fight.

I don't even care who wins.

That's a lie, I would like to see Dillashaw get the finish but if Barao wins without controversy then I'm cool with it. Can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

this.

I love this fight, and hope that TJ gets the nod again in another great fight.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.