UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fighters you used to dislike but grew to enjoy?

27 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NastyNate420
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to hate GSP and love Matt Hughes, but then when I saw Matt bullying him like they were in junior high (before their second fight) and started to see that GSP was a genuinely nice guy that switched for me. I then started to dislike Hughes and root for GSP.

I hated Tito until season 3 of TUF when I realized how good of a coach he was and that he really cared.

What you say UG, any fighters grow on you?
27 days ago
Gulping the LayNBaderade
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida, when he was undefeated I just wanted to see him lose. that and seeing Shogun get screwed over in their first fight made me want to see Machida get starched. that is why the second fight was the most ecstatic I've ever been in a fight.
27 days ago
NastyNate420
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gulping the LayNBaderade - Machida, when he was undefeated I just wanted to see him lose. that and seeing Shogun get screwed over in their first fight made me want to see Machida get starched. that is why the second fight was the most ecstatic I've ever been in a fight.

Same here, I couldn't stand Machida. Dude is a beast though and I enjoy a lot now.
27 days ago
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jamie Varner, seemed to have quite the high opinion of himself before he left the big leagues the first time, he's shown a lot of heart since he's come back though.
Kj Noons, Diaz trash talking after their first fight, but he took his beating well in the rematch and seems to be much politer now.
Danny Castillo I used to lose all the time picking against him in a fantasy league because he wears that silly headband all the time, eventually I came to realize he's pretty good.
27 days ago
Captain Kook
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Hughes has been a roller coaster.

Hated him at first, too cocky.

Liked him after he slammed trigg after the nut shot.

Hated him again after TUF when he was bullying GSP.

Liked him again when he and BJ seemed to bond after their fights.

27 days ago
NastyNate420

Captain Kook - Matt Hughes has been a roller coaster.

Hated him at first, too cocky.

Liked him after he slammed trigg after the nut shot.

Hated him again after TUF when he was bullying GSP.

Liked him again when he and BJ seemed to bond after their fights.

Similar story here, except I liked him at first

Hated him after bullying GSP

then liked him again when he and BJ bonded and he went on that streak against Serra, Almeida and Renzo
27 days ago
NastyNate420

I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) - Jamie Varner, seemed to have quite the high opinion of himself before he left the big leagues the first time, he's shown a lot of heart since he's come back though.
Kj Noons, Diaz trash talking after their first fight, but he took his beating well in the rematch and seems to be much politer now.
Danny Castillo I used to lose all the time picking against him in a fantasy league because he wears that silly headband all the time, eventually I came to realize he's pretty good.

Always like Danny because we're both from Sac. I used to see him on the American River Bike Trail all the time.
27 days ago
Licks72
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Askren - not a fan of wrestlers with no sub skills or g n p. but Askren is always moving and going for it. He's developing the subs and only getting better. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
triggertap
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
DoomFarmer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain

Rumble Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
DcupNIPs
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
StreetFightingKing

DcupNIPs - Bisping Phone Post 3.0
THIS.

Used to hate him and his whiney accent and loved the hendo bombs but slowly warmed up to his trash talk. Always makes me tune in. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
sparkuri

Josh Thomson

I disliked him before the Yves fight.
A year later at the Sugie fight in Bushido, he had me screaming at Sugie's shameful, Bushido-less performance.

Been a fan ever since, and he's one of the nicest, genuine, and down to earth fighters I've ever met.
27 days ago
Slash
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gulping the LayNBaderade - Machida, when he was undefeated I just wanted to see him lose. that and seeing Shogun get screwed over in their first fight made me want to see Machida get starched. that is why the second fight was the most ecstatic I've ever been in a fight.
You watched it with the sound on Phone Post
27 days ago
ShanTheMan
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koscheck.

Couldn't stand him at first, but the grit he showed on short notice against Thiago Alves made me a fan. asshole or not, that is a tough mofo
27 days ago
Tony Naemi
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael, Tito, Koscheck.

I'll probably be in the minority here but I hated Wanderlei for a while. I was a huge Quinton Jackson fan and hated seeing Silva put the hurt on him.
27 days ago
46and2
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a Chuck hater until I read his book and understood him more.
27 days ago
Nocturnal

First and foremost Royce gracie. I watched the first ufc hoping he would get smashed and all the others hoping he would get smashed. It wasn't until several years later that I realized what a dumb ass I was. Robbie lawler too. I was happy he got koed by nick diaz but these days I love Robbie. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
NatualBornTickler
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP, use to hate the way he fights. But now that he's gone all I think is "what if". Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Mercenary Tao
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any fighter that loses then comes out with the 90% fighters on PEDs bullshit.

Use to hate chael for simply disrespecting a lot of old school legends but seeing the out come of his fights and how big he sold them, the guys a genius.
Same with McGregor Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
beastmans chin
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to hate cowboy up until a year and a half ago but i can't remember why Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
absolutesperry
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy, Hughes, Mir, Sonnen.
I will NEVER like Bones though... Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Igeboyy

Mayhem when he did the TUF thing.
27 days ago
stonepony

Dodson and his grin.
27 days ago
StreetFightingKing

stonepony - Dodson and his grin.
I still hate that Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.