UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Judge removed by Dana @UFN

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/23/14 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rambo John J
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would like to see instant action after any shit judge decision.

ALa Diego vs Pearson.
8/23/14 3:38 PM
Rambo John J
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC needs to invest in Legit Judges.

Lots of MMA credibility has gone down the drain lately with absolute dogshit judging.
8/23/14 6:08 PM
chingluksuwa
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Primetyme199 - It had to be Hughes, since Dana said the judge was involved in the 2 fights. The only thing possible is mmadecisions has the scores attributed to the wrong judges.

If it was Hughes, there is another possibility - Dana fucked up royally and removed the wrong judge.
8/23/14 6:36 PM
BobbyLou
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But wasn't Howard Hughes in one of the last fights? I only watch the last 4 and I remember his name being announced.
8/23/14 6:39 PM
Trane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/23/14 6:54 PM

8/23/14 7:56 PM
GrindOnLine
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's now on the first page:
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/446833/White-puts-judge-Howard-Hughes-out-to-pasture-at-UFN-48/

At UFC Fight Night 48, Milana Dudieva won a controversial decision over Elizabeth Phillips, and Royston Wee won a controversial decision over Yao Zhikui. Under ordinary circumstances, the event is entirely regulated by a State, provincial, or tribal regulating body. In Macau however, the UFC self regulates, and this time UFC president Dana White had the means to respond - he had word sent to judge Howard Hughes that it was time to enjoy the fights, from the stands.

“He was involved in the first fight and the second fight,” said White to John Morgan for MMAFighting. “I told the guys to go let him grab some beer and some popcorn and go sit down and start watching some fights, not judging them."

“I know a lot of people, the media included and the fans I saw on Twitter, felt that Phillips won the fight, but I thought Milana won the fight, so I disagree. But at the end of the day, who gives a s–- what I think. It’s the judges. They pick the winner, and that’s all that matters.”

“It wasn’t great tonight (of officiating). It wasn’t, and it drives me crazy. So, I can sit there and ridicule Nevada, California and all these other places we go, but nobody to point the finger at tonight except for us.”

8/23/14 8:38 PM
Drugs_Delaney
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NewOldTRT09er - What so if Dana doesn't agree with a judges scorecards he removes them now?? Wtf??

If the UFC is going to try and sound credible and impartial in cards outside the US then they need to follow the same protocols. Can to imagine if Dana tried to sack a judge mid-card in Vegas??

Stalin-FC IMO.

(Waits patiently for the Dana white knight VD's. Just cos the judge sucked don't make it right) Phone Post 3.0

he agreed with the removed judge on the first fights winner, moran
8/23/14 8:40 PM
Mr Spliff

Drugs_Delaney -
NewOldTRT09er - What so if Dana doesn't agree with a judges scorecards he removes them now?? Wtf??

If the UFC is going to try and sound credible and impartial in cards outside the US then they need to follow the same protocols. Can to imagine if Dana tried to sack a judge mid-card in Vegas??

Stalin-FC IMO.

(Waits patiently for the Dana white knight VD's. Just cos the judge sucked don't make it right) Phone Post 3.0

he agreed with the removed judge on the first fights winner, moran
Not really the point.. It's an obvious conflict of interest. There's a reason blaf doesn't just judge the fights himself. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/14 10:09 PM
Josh Mancuso

Black Belt, Baton Rouge, LA
Dana firing judges because he disagrees with them... That's exactly what the UFC needs. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/14 10:14 PM
6ULDV8
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobbyLou - But wasn't Howard Hughes in one of the last fights? I only watch the last 4 and I remember his name being announced.

I was there live and am almost positive this is true.  The name kind of stands out.

8/23/14 10:17 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Ghost of REED ROTHCHILD -
Josh Mancuso - Dana firing judges because he disagrees with them... That's exactly what the UFC needs. Phone Post 3.0
Yup... Seems like a legit sport Phone Post 3.0
Lol..in the middle of the event, no less. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/14 10:19 PM
VinegarStrokes
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's to bad they can't do this more often and get commissions to get competent judges.

8/23/14 10:25 PM
evh
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/dana-white-ends-judge-howard-hughes-night-early-at-ufc-fight-night-48#sthash.SbxtxnWe.QGz2zErn.uxfs

MMAjunkie later confirmed with UFC officials that Hughes was, indeed, the judge told to pack it up early.

Hughes scored the Wee fight 29-28 in the Filipino fighter’s favor, the same way MMAjunkie scored the bout. However, White said he disagreed with that decision and actually elected to pay Zhikui his win bonus.

Meanwhile, Hughes actually scored the Dudieva bout in the Russian fighter’s favor, a result with which White agreed.

“I know a lot of people, the media included and the fans I saw on Twitter, felt that Phillips won the fight, but I thought Milana won the fight, so I disagree,” White said. “But at the end of the day, who gives a s–t what I think. It’s the judges. They pick the winner, and that’s all that matters.”

Despite siding with Hughes on that result, the back-to-back split decisions were enough for White to make a decision, which he later admitted was made while he was “having a pretty bad meltdown.”

Hughes’ name was read by in-cage announcer Andy Friedlander as one of three judges taking part in the scoring of the main event, but MMAjunkie confirmed with UFC officials that Gareth Harriman served in his place instead. Production staff was not informed of the switch, leading to the confusion.

8/23/14 10:41 PM
stonepony

Stalin-FC IMO.

Actually, the judge sucking is exactly what makes it right. Bad judges should be removed. It's common sense.
8/23/14 11:29 PM
Huey freman
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chingluksuwa -
Primetyme199 - It had to be Hughes, since Dana said the judge was involved in the 2 fights. The only thing possible is mmadecisions has the scores attributed to the wrong judges.

If it was Hughes, there is another possibility - Dana fucked up royally and removed the wrong judge.
Not possible, Dana is always right. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 5:27 AM
JohnMorgansBlueShirt
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I assumed Hughes was removed b/c he scored the fight 30-27 for Dudieva, but apparently he scored it 29-28. So unless Dana had access to actual round by round scoring of Hughes, this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
8/24/14 5:36 AM
Macedawgg
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 5:39 AM
likatiga - Interesting Phone Post 3.0

To steal from John Olliver--"interesting" is a fact you'd find on the bottom of a snapple can, such as "When thirsty, a camel can drink 25 gallons of water in less than three minutes." 

This is downright scandalous. 

A promotion also acting as the "sanctioning" body --where such sanctioning body is supposed to be a regulatory oversight set in place to ensure the safety of athletes AND the integrity of matches. . . REPLACES a judge midstream? 

This is a mockery of sport and complete conflict of interest of the highest order, and flat out dangerous. 

"Trust us. . . "

No thank you.

8/24/14 8:21 AM
Melvinator86

Macedawgg -

To steal from John Olliver--"interesting" is a fact you'd find on the bottom of a snapple can, such as "When thirsty, a camel can drink 25 gallons of water in less than three minutes." 

A promotion also acting as the "sanctioning" body --where such sanctioning body is supposed to be a regulatory oversight set in place to ensure the safety of athletes AND the integrity of matches. . . REPLACES a judge midstream? 

This is a mockery of sport and complete conflict of interest of the highest order, and flat out dangerous. 

"Trust us. . . "

No thank you.

QFT Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 9:42 AM
gokudamus

Ummmmm. Huge conflict of interests. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 9:51 AM
crazydave
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh Mancuso - Dana firing judges because he disagrees with them... That's exactly what the UFC needs. Phone Post 3.0

very WWE of dana

8/24/14 1:27 PM
Whambo
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This should be a bigger story than it is. This is pretty scary.
8/24/14 1:48 PM
MagSlim
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melvinator86 - 
Macedawgg -

"Trust us. . . "

No thank you.

QFT Phone Post 3.0

No, Mace is correct.

This couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Chinese fighter lost on his home turf in their big coming out party in China after the reality show.

That decision cost Dana a lot of money with his Chinese partners and he had a meltdown and removed a judge.

Totally unacceptable.
8/24/14 3:03 PM
chingluksuwa

Whambo - This should be a bigger story than it is. This is pretty scary.

Fucking this. Hughes has been around for years and knows what he is doing.

On both fights he had another judge agreed with his final decision. Dana has agreed with one of his decisions!

It was another judge that scored that ridiculous 30-27 and he is home sleeping soundly. Imagine how you would feel if you were Hughes. I'd be furious!

8/24/14 3:19 PM
Zeph
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something definitely needs to be done about judging. This is not the way to go about it.
8/24/14 4:14 PM
ChaosOverkill
855 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 4:15 PM

So wait, he takes the judge out and then as a result... who judged the fights that said judge would have judged and didn't? Did he pick the guy who replaced him?

This is beyond conflict of interest, and also why even if Cung Le is juiced we may never know because of the total lack of commission in China.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.