UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why did Bisping never fight Silva for the belt?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/24/14 7:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Atlee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell if he can win again, let him have the silva fight he always wanted. Hes grown on me over the years but wouldnt mind watching silva stop him.
8/24/14 7:59 PM
Samoa
1004 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atlee - 
Kostakio - 
letsgobois - He "lost" to Chael. Phone Post 3.0
Not by a lot but he did. Phone Post 3.0

I would definitely have to go back & watch again but i remember thinking he won that fight for sure

I was rooting for Bisping but he got wrestle-fucked.  Lightly and tastefully...........but he got struggle-cuddled.

8/24/14 8:08 PM
Atlee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samoa - 
Atlee - 
Kostakio - 

I would definitely have to go back & watch again but i remember thinking he won that fight for sure

I was rooting for Bisping but he got wrestle-fucked.  Lightly and tastefully...........but he got struggle-cuddled.

Have a vu for that wording. Got a chuckle out of that.
8/24/14 8:17 PM
FearOfaChristianPlanet
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dougie -

For your time.

My balls moved a little as I scrolled. I am pleased. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 8:19 PM
Thingading
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There have been several times Zuffa has tried but he keeps losing that big fight that would get him the shot.

Best example I can think of was back in '09 when he was in his prime at 30 years old, had won 3 straight and 7/8 of his UFC fights, with his only loss being a split decision to Rashad Evans.

Dana publicly proclaimed multiple times that the winner of Bisping vs. Hendo would get the next crack at Silva. They must have been very certain Bisping was going to take out the aging legend, because not only did Dana make this announcement a number of times, but after Hendo won all of a sudden he was not the "#1 contender" to fight Silva and Zuffa backtracked on it's pre-fight statement.

They were really counting on Bisping to take care of business and give him a title shot. But he decided to circle right into a WMD and have his soul broken during UFC 100, one of the most watched and memorable MMA events in history.
8/24/14 8:35 PM
Samoa
1004 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atlee -
Samoa - 
Atlee - 
Kostakio - 

Have a vu for that wording. Got a chuckle out of that.
Back at ya Brosef. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:00 PM
R00STER
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buster hymen - I'm English and do like bisping but let's be honest he just isn't good enough, yeah he's game and will fight anyone but he's not as good as the top guys which has been proven! Phone Post 3.0
Sorry, this has nothing to do with the topic but lol at this guy's SN. :)

But just to feel like I contributed to the discussion, it's because he always lost the fight that would get him there. That hasn't already been said has it? :) Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:36 PM
ufc98newb
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is a really good fighter, he's just never beat a top 5 opponent. Barely any top 10 actually.

my 2c. on the Chael fight: basically a draw.
8/24/14 10:54 PM
I Got extendos, I GOT EXTENDOS!
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he had 3 opportunities in no1 contender fights for a title shot and lost them all.

Hendo
Wandy
Chael

(I didnt use any resources beyond my memory before posting and as my wife will attest to, the system isn't as quick as it used to be so I'm prob wrong somewhere here!) Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:00 PM
Nytron
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He never fought Silva because of the crooked judges that gave Sonnen the win over Bisping.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.