UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Drysdale released by UFC

8/24/14 7:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BackOffWarchild
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
Aaronrodgers=GOAT - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/24/6062911/ufc-peds-trt-steroids-robert-drysdale-not-cut-despite-dana-white-mma-news Phone Post 3.0

Who could possibly be holding that up or involved in the decisionm where Dana isn't? Lorenzo? Does he have some special place for Drysdale?

Drysdale's gym is in Vegas, and Lorenzo does train there.  They're old friends.

8/24/14 7:31 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRMF - 
Galanis -
ausgepicht - 
FTUGTT_Mix6APlix - Worst flash in the pan hype train ever. Phone Post 3.0

You're drunk. You've been here a while and know that I am not the biggest fan of Brazilians, but Drysdale is a legit beast. It may have taken him a few years to make the transition, but he had the potential to be scary.

Lol.. HE's drunk, when you just said Drysdale is fucking Brazilian? That dude is as white as anyone could ever be. Goes to show how much some original mambers know, which in your case and a few others (see: orcus), is nothing.

I'm pretty sure one of his parents are Braziliand and he was a Brazilian citizen from the age of like 4 until he was an adult. Phone Post 3.0

yup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Drysdale
8/24/14 7:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 7:46 PM
BackOffWarchild - 
ChaosOverkill - 
Aaronrodgers=GOAT - http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/24/6062911/ufc-peds-trt-steroids-robert-drysdale-not-cut-despite-dana-white-mma-news Phone Post 3.0

Who could possibly be holding that up or involved in the decisionm where Dana isn't? Lorenzo? Does he have some special place for Drysdale?

Ahh nepotism exposes another pretend PED stance perhaps. Lame

8/24/14 7:45 PM
Galanis
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 7:45 PM

In that case I apologize, I had no idea the dude was Brazilian. I am indeed wrong on this. I have seen that particular user (augschepit or however it's spelled) being very, very negative all across the UG for years. I legit had no idea Drysdale was Brazilian.. I do not follow BJJ/grappling the same way that I follow MMA, MT/KB and boxing, and I legit didn't know. I'd heard him do interviews before and didn't remember an accent, so I figured he was not.

You guys got me and unlike most on the UG I am happy to stand corrected and won't run away from the thread, lol. I apologize for being a dick and taking out a shitty day on a random UG poster. I try to be a pretty good contributor on the UG, anyone who knows me knows this. Anyway, apologies, and thanks for the info.

8/24/14 7:48 PM
Galanis
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 7:58 PM
Blazing Knees - 
ausgepicht - 

You're drunk. You've been here a while and know that I am not the biggest fan of Brazilians, but Drysdale is a legit beast. It may have taken him a few years to make the transition, but he had the potential to be scary.

vtfu for the Brazilian hatin'

How are you allowed to continue to post things like that? You made a thread stating you hate all Brazilians, and you are internet high fiving people for "Brazilian hating". You are one of the worst posters on here...

Guess what.. you are not better than anyone because you were born on a different piece of land than they were. Something neither you nor them had any control over. You can't generalize millions upon millions of people based on what you think of a few professional fighters. You sad, bitter old man. I'm American and proud... but you are a fucking dummy.

8/24/14 8:39 PM
hendofanforlife(LMBBchamp!)
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont need this so much im gonna still take it and fail. lmfao! get out of here fucking cheating loser! 

8/24/14 9:08 PM
DaleJr88Fan
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis -
Blazing Knees - 
ausgepicht - 

How are you allowed to continue to post things like that? You made a thread stating you hate all Brazilians, and you are internet high fiving people for "Brazilian hating". You are one of the worst posters on here...

Guess what.. you are not better than anyone because you were born on a different piece of land than they were. Something neither you nor them had any control over. You can't generalize millions upon millions of people based on what you think of a few professional fighters. You sad, bitter old man. I'm American and proud... but you are a fucking dummy.

VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:32 PM
BRMF
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis -

In that case I apologize, I had no idea the dude was Brazilian. I am indeed wrong on this. I have seen that particular user (augschepit or however it's spelled) being very, very negative all across the UG for years. I legit had no idea Drysdale was Brazilian.. I do not follow BJJ/grappling the same way that I follow MMA, MT/KB and boxing, and I legit didn't know. I'd heard him do interviews before and didn't remember an accent, so I figured he was not.

You guys got me and unlike most on the UG I am happy to stand corrected and won't run away from the thread, lol. I apologize for being a dick and taking out a shitty day on a random UG poster. I try to be a pretty good contributor on the UG, anyone who knows me knows this. Anyway, apologies, and thanks for the info.

All good, man. You're one of the good ones here IMO Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:39 PM
theoutsiders
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis -
Blazing Knees - 
ausgepicht - 

Vu when I can. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:54 AM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ is good but it's even better with drugs. - Royce Gracie
8/25/14 1:00 AM
narsil x anduril
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis - 
ausgepicht - 

Lol.. HE's drunk, when you just said Drysdale is fucking Brazilian? That dude is as white as anyone could ever be. Goes to show how much some original mambers know, which in your case and a few others (see: orcus), is nothing.

drysdale is brazilian and american, raised in brazil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Drysdale
8/25/14 1:30 AM
KatieCasimir
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Ummm... I've been training at Drysdale's for around 2 years now and never seen Lorenzo there, nor have I seen any facebook pics that tend to get posted when notable guys come into the gym.  I'm not that involved in Rob's personal life so I don't know if they're friends, but if he does train in Drysdale's it can't be that often...

And for the record... my palm went straight to my forhead when I heard about the failed test.  However, that has nothing to do with the quality of instruction or the outstanding training partners I have grown with over the last couple years.  I do believe he should have consequences for his bad choices and if you ask him, I bet he would say the same.

8/25/14 1:38 AM
BackOffWarchild
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KatieCasimir - 
BackOffWarchild - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Ummm... I've been training at Drysdale's for around 2 years now and never seen Lorenzo there, nor have I seen any facebook pics that tend to get posted when notable guys come into the gym.  I'm not that involved in Rob's personal life so I don't know if they're friends, but if he does train in Drysdale's it can't be that often...

And for the record... my palm went straight to my forhead when I heard about the failed test.  However, that has nothing to do with the quality of instruction or the outstanding training partners I have grown with over the last couple years.  I do believe he should have consequences for his bad choices and if you ask him, I bet he would say the same.

"If you ask him I bet he would say the same."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2/5864641/robert-drysdale-explains-drug-test-failure-heading-into-ufc-debut

It would appear that Drysdale wouldn't say the same, given his flippant response to testing off the charts for testosterone the first time around.

"It was a big misunderstanding. I didn’t do anything dishonest." 

"It’s in the past. TRT is banned, and I’m cool without it. I don’t need it. I never needed it," he said. "It was my doctor’s decision, not mine."

I get your desire to stick up for your coach, but the facts are the facts:  He cheated, lied, and cheated again.  That's someone with zero remorse.

8/25/14 1:39 AM
June Bug
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the local gyms here just became a Drysdale affiliate, then this news came out. I am not sure I would want to be a part of that mess. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 2:10 AM
KatieCasimir
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - 
KatieCasimir - 
BackOffWarchild - 
ChaosOverkill - 

"If you ask him I bet he would say the same."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2/5864641/robert-drysdale-explains-drug-test-failure-heading-into-ufc-debut

It would appear that Drysdale wouldn't say the same, given his flippant response to testing off the charts for testosterone the first time around.

"It was a big misunderstanding. I didn’t do anything dishonest." 

"It’s in the past. TRT is banned, and I’m cool without it. I don’t need it. I never needed it," he said. "It was my doctor’s decision, not mine."

I get your desire to stick up for your coach, but the facts are the facts:  He cheated, lied, and cheated again.  That's someone with zero remorse.

So no evidence for Lorenzo as a student...?

8/25/14 4:48 PM
Slobonmynog

It's a shame because the guy is talented.

He mustn't believe in himself enough though because he's messing around with this shit.

I don't think he will be back in the ufc which I am gutted about but if you can't do it fair and square, don't do it at all. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 4:57 PM
Brabatross

So was he cut or not?
8/25/14 5:26 PM
subwrassler
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - 
Rudi -
stevekt - Ortega and Casey should be cut next. Phone Post 3.0
They won't be. Drysdale failed 2 tests in one year. Phone Post 3.0
They should be cut. Ortega was making his debut and Casey was making a return. The UFC should cut ties now before spending any more time, money, or energy on these two. Phone Post 3.0

8/25/14 5:35 PM
xsrg95
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NORCAL707 - Drysdale is a beast. He will be champ one day. He doesn't need the UFC just as the UFC doesn't need him. Phone Post 3.0

if he does become champ he missed out on big money fighting in the ufc with his potential.
8/25/14 5:42 PM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NORCAL707 - Drysdale is a beast. He will be champ one day. He doesn't need the UFC just as the UFC doesn't need him. Phone Post 3.0

He's 33, already pissed hot twice, and will probably be suspended for the next year. He's not going to be champ of anything.
8/25/14 5:50 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHA PIECE OF SHIT
8/25/14 6:10 PM
rkm456
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

June Bug - One of the local gyms here just became a Drysdale affiliate, then this news came out. I am not sure I would want to be a part of that mess. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry dude, but if you're basing your opinion of a bjj school on whether or not the head instructor is squeaky clean you're going to have a real rough go.
8/26/14 3:36 AM
Enemies

Makes me happy to see the cheaters disappear 1 by 1. Thanks Zuffa.
8/26/14 3:37 AM
FlowWithTheGo
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck does the UFC allow someone to compete who pissed hot one time. Peeing hot means you cheated or tried to cheat. And they allow that shit to happen again. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 3:45 AM
GongandDash
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanted to see him in the big leagues for years, where he would have been a force. He's totally screwed it now! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.