UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJM with another fvck up

25 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blakemp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - These guys are fighters, they know the risks being in there. You ask any of them and they would tell you they would rather have the fight stopped late than early.

I think Big John jumped in assuming that Benson was out cold, but he wasn't. He was in there stopping the fight before the follow-up punches even came.

If someone gets knocked out, you don't wait for the follow up punches. Regardless of how fast they wake up, the fight gets stopped. But Big John didn't get there in time and Dos Anjos blasted him with 2 punches (leading people to believe Benson should've taken a few more punches to be sure he was done). If Big John allowed the fight to go on longer, people would be saying it wasn't stopped soon enough.
25 days ago
Kenso
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben was out. Zombie eyes afterwards. Good stoppage. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
ChaosOverkill
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 3:54 PM
Galanis - 

No Ben was done. Concussed twice.. I wanted him to win but he was out. There have been tons of stoppages like this and they're correct. When a guy goes out, the fight is over. Doesn't matter if he wakes back up from a shot..

Sick of hearing guys say "Big John with another fuck up".. He is the best there is and has been there since the 2nd UFC ever. I trust his judgement over anybody.

Respect to BJM, Benson and Dos Anjos.

Of course, Dos Anjos is completely classy in his post fight interview and yet the crowd still boos him.. Shame.

Yep gotta agree, I picked Ben to win and got shown dead wrong but when he went limp into the fence the punch after that woke him up. We've got TJ grant on the shelf talking ominously and getting advice from Crosby now, and Soszynski who can't remember what he did on Wednesday when asked on Saturday and had to retire with god knows what other symptoms he's not letting on. A knee on a sensitive part of the head is far worse than a punch. It's like the difference between a bat and caber to the head.

Let Ben fight another day, he was bested yesterday and will come back stronger.

25 days ago
Lick Boners

Edited: 08/24/14 4:55 AM
Shame that got stopped, those moments are what make FOTY fights and we know Benson can scramble out of those. Fair stoppage overall though
25 days ago
Hoss76

SOO72 - Bad stoppage and lame commentary by Anik. Henderson raised his hand to defend immediately after being dropped before BJM jumped on him and pinned him down.

"He went out He went out" bullshit, sad the UFC has come to this flash knockdown = loss.
It's always been like this. Go watch some old Pride fights. We want these guys to live a long healthy life after retirement. Look whats going on with Krystof(spelling?) Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
carcaju

He got dropped by a jumping knee, tried to recover and got his legs completely taken out from under him when he ate the left. He eats one or two more as BJM is intervening and thats a bad stoppage? Even whe he got up trying to jog it off his eggs looked scrambled. You want him to be Nelmarked just to make sure?
25 days ago
carcaju

Edited: 08/24/14 5:13 AM
fucking double
25 days ago
carcaju

Edited: 08/24/14 5:12 AM
stupid triple
25 days ago
MOFuKA

Enson Inoue said it best, the fights are stopped when a fighters heart has to kick in. Nobody wants to win a fight and have these differences of opinion. But it is what it is. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
cool hand Ed
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong -

It was a good stoppage. One of those camera angles showed Benson's face and his eyes were pointed to nowhere. He didn't know where he was.

That's what I saw as well. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
no-gi_JAMES420
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes he dropped, yes he was hurt but god damn the dude is a former champion who is KNOWN for wars and has never been KO/TKO... Give the dude a chance to recover or take a proper ass whoopin!!

Big fan of all three though, Bendo, RDA and Big John.
25 days ago
BigTedBear
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a good call by Big John he is there to protect the fighters.

It's just one of the those flash type deals where the guy goes out then wakes up when he gets hit or hits the floor. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
BigTedBear
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was a good call by Big John he is there to protect the fighters.

It's just one of the those flash type deals where the guy goes out then wakes up when he gets hit or hits the floor. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
Kenso
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acceptable stoppage. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
A Nugget of Poop
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine if every time someone got dropped the fight got stopped. Mma would look so different. Horrible call by bjm but still one of the best refs

However, a find shouldn't be stopped as soon as someone gets dropped. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOFuKA - Enson Inoue said it best, the fights are stopped when a fighters heart has to kick in. Nobody wants to win a fight and have these differences of opinion. But it is what it is. Phone Post 3.0

This.

It is a fight, these guys know what they signed up for, the inconsistency with stoppages is ridiculous.

Eventually we will just start stopping fights when we think a good punch is about to land.
24 days ago
wizekraker owns me, it's not normal

crowbar -

Alot of members don`t realize just how inconsistant BJM was back in the day.

He`s improved tremendously,but was in error tonight IMO.

I don`t think that Ben was out at all.

This. They actually let sakuraba fight again later in the night after being "stopped" because it was such a horrible stoppage by big john. Phone Post 3.0
24 days ago
TwentyNineTwentyEight
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The stoppage was fine.

24 days ago
Hong Kong Phooey
926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

Alot of members don`t realize just how inconsistant BJM was back in the day.

He`s improved tremendously,but was in error tonight IMO.

I don`t think that Ben was out at all.

my sentiments

24 days ago
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson was hurt even before the double knee and the left that dropped him. You can clearly see it from this gif:
http://gfycat.com/WelltodoSoggyHawaiianmonkseal
24 days ago
Hong Kong Phooey
926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was definitely hurt, but out of the fight ?

24 days ago
mglaw
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SOO72 - Bad stoppage and lame commentary by Anik. Henderson raised his hand to defend immediately after being dropped before BJM jumped on him and pinned him down.

"He went out He went out" bullshit, sad the UFC has come to this flash knockdown = loss.

Could someone provide a gif. I don't remember Bendo raising his hand immediately after being dropped. I thought both arms went immediately limp facing the fence.
24 days ago
Amorphis
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know they're two completely different sports, but my mind can't help but make the comparison. If every time a boxer got "rocked" or "hurt" and the fight was stopped, you can eliminate pretty much all the "classic" boxing matches in history.

In boxing, a guy gets hurt and he gets a quick 8 seconds to clear his head. In many situations, that fighter then moves on to recover and win that fight. Look at the Austin Trout fight from Friday night for example. In the UFC, that fight is stopped in the 3rd round and Trout's career is basically over. But he recovers and he ends up winning the fight.

I understand that in MMA, the moment your opponent is hurt, the ref is right on top of you. But it just lessens the chance of an actual war. A true back and forth battle. In MMA, the second a guy gets stunned, the ref is just itching to stop the fight. In the long run, it's probably good for the fighter. But as a fight fan, I'll take a standing 8 count and more punishment all day every day.
24 days ago
Blazing Knees

He was out.

He swallowed his toothpick = k o

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.