UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJM with another fvck up

8/24/14 12:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sillyscreenname
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voodoo child - Looked early but Henderson got rocked regardless. Phone Post 3.0

No doubt he got rocked but that shouldn't be enough to end a fight. He wasn't out and he wasn't eating unanswered shots. No reason to stop it, let him fight back.

He was scrambling when the big man jumped on him.
8/24/14 12:51 AM
da Vinci 81
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

They aren't giving fighters 2 seconds to recover nowadays. 

I don't know, I thought big Dan did a great job one fight earlier. That's how it should be done, imo.
8/24/14 12:52 AM
Huey freman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -

Exactly, he got dropped yes but you should allow them a chance to recover,

It's so inconsistent. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 12:52 AM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let the mutha fukin mutha fukers have a muthu fukin chance to mutha fukin get flashed and recover. there are plenty of mutha fuklin fights on record where the fukin daft mutha fukers go out momentarily then due to all their mutha fukin training recover and do well. a flash mutha fukin ko lasts about 7-15 sec. they should trane the dumasss refs to wait 25 sec before calling it unless its like retard mode destruction.
8/24/14 12:53 AM
chew22
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sorry that's how I talk to myself when I get pissed.
8/24/14 12:55 AM
Bry Bry

ehh i can see where some might complain but Bendo was out and he was just going to get barraged had BJm not stepped in..even when bendo went to congratulate Anjos you could tell bendo still wasnt all there mentally..
8/24/14 12:57 AM
MOFuKA

He landed 1 punch before BJM stopped it. All I'm saying is let him finish the fight. That is all. Esta! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 12:58 AM
stillmatic
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These guys are fighters, they know the risks being in there. You ask any of them and they would tell you they would rather have the fight stopped late than early.

I think Big John jumped in assuming that Benson was out cold, but he wasn't. He was in there stopping the fight before the follow-up punches even came.
8/24/14 12:58 AM
MOFuKA

Huey freman -
ABE FROMAN -

Exactly, he got dropped yes but you should allow them a chance to recover,

It's so inconsistent. Phone Post 3.0
I agree 100% Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 12:59 AM
TFK_HossPearson
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Far from the worst stoppage but I thought it was early, nonetheless. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 1:00 AM
nobones

MOFuKA - Wow I'm shocked! Phone Post 3.0
I disagree. Not saying it was the right call but not necessarily a fuck up. Benson was wobbly coming up and in his post fight interview still seemed wobbly. And he kept making the wrong mistake the whole fight anyways. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 1:03 AM
inoshishi07
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis - 

No Ben was done. Concussed twice.. I wanted him to win but he was out. There have been tons of stoppages like this and they're correct. When a guy goes out, the fight is over. Doesn't matter if he wakes back up from a shot..

Sick of hearing guys say "Big John with another fuck up".. He is the best there is and has been there since the 2nd UFC ever. I trust his judgement over anybody.

Respect to BJM, Benson and Dos Anjos.

Of course, Dos Anjos is completely classy in his post fight interview and yet the crowd still boos him.. Shame.

Agree with everything you said! No need for Benson to take needless damage.
8/24/14 1:03 AM
MOFuKA

nobones -
I disagree. Not saying it was the right call but not necessarily a fuck up. Benson was wobbly coming up and in his post fight interview still seemed wobbly. And he kept making the wrong mistake the whole fight anyways. Phone Post 3.0
The wrong mistake? Lol Please elaborate... Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 1:04 AM
bakobell

This was a fight. For number one. Why the fuck weren't they allowed to fight?! Fucking garbage. Bjm obviously had money on this. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 1:05 AM
nobones

MOFuKA -
nobones -
The wrong mistake? Lol Please elaborate... Phone Post 3.0
Kept backing straight up and not moving his head against a guy with faster hands and equal reach. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 1:06 AM
nobones

Meaning if Benson got back to his feet wobbly he would have done the same thing. Just got hurt worse. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 1:10 AM
TerribleTowel
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope it was a good stoppage. Just like Hendo vs Fedor. First shot knocked em out. Second shot woke him up. If you go out fight is over. Phone Post 3.0
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was 2 seconds away from being out cold Phone Post 3.0
BooZe

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - Benson was done and would've only taken unnecessary punishment.

Good call by John. Phone Post 3.0

this
cheeseburger
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK BJM
8/24/14 1:12 AM
mada

Rambo John J - he just saved me 22 minutes of boredom
No shit! If Henderson had recovered he would have leg humped the dog shit out of Dos Anjos Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 2:31 AM
Galanis
1255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 2:32 AM
mada - 
Rambo John J - he just saved me 22 minutes of boredom
No shit! If Henderson had recovered he would have leg humped the dog shit out of Dos Anjos Phone Post 3.0

Agreed.. I respect Henderson but man, for me, the most exciting fights he's been in lately are the ones he's lost (Pettis 2 and tonight)... His fights with Cerrone were awesome, and the first Pettis fight was an epic back and forth war also. Unfortunately, ALL of his UFC fights since becoming champ and losing the title (except Nate Diaz I guess) have been EXTREMELY close fights, with very little momentum shifts or moments of drama.

They resemble sparring sessions to me. I've been watching the sport for 10 years and have seen every single major MMA event.. I'm just not a fan of guys who fight that way, the ones who do just enough to get the win. I realize this is a big sport now with major money at play and one loss can change everything.. but man, I just don't like to see those fights. The who can outpoint who contests...

I'd rather watch a guy like BJ Penn any day. There was a huge difference between the interest in the LW division during BJ's reign and Ben's reign, and the reason is what I stated above. Too many inconclusive, non exciting fights, based around footwork, keeping the opponent on their toes, and generally not causing much damage.

8/24/14 2:48 AM
Drugs_Delaney
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big john robbed him of the 30 more knucle sandwiches he was gonna eat.
8/24/14 2:50 AM
ShanTheMan
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like BJM has had anywhere near the early stoppages herb dean has been responsible for.
8/24/14 2:57 AM
boxing wiz
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben was rocked badly, and the way he fell, he appeared out. Yes he recovered quickly and did look fine right after the it was stopped. It was similar to Hendo's stoppage of Fedor. He was there to protect the fighters, and he did just that. Benson was gifted plenty of decisions by the judges in past fights. Well this time it didn't go his way, only it was a decision by a referee that determined the winner. I don't even like Dos Anjos, but I won't argue the stoppage.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.