UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC announces rest of Halifax card

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/24/14 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Paquet90
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HighFreq -

I understand how people can bitch about PPV cards, but I can never understand how people can complain about free MMA, let alone free UFC.

What I'm bitching at is at the fact this is the first UFC event in Atlantic Canada and this is the best they can come up with . No TJ Grant or John Makdessi 2 stars from that area not even Ryan Jimmo. They have 4 guys on the card that it not there UFC debut or they only had 1 UFC fight . I'm not expecting a miracle but a main card with somewhat known fighters would be nice not just 2 fights. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 2:20 PM
MoomBah
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 - Tickets are from 48$-183$ and I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should waste my money to go watch a event I have zero interest in. Phone Post 3.0
Double edge sword for you. If fans like yourself don't support and buy tickets, the ufc won't come back. If people do buy the tickets, the ufc will know it can get away with substandard cards in your region... But at least they'll come back. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 2:42 PM
smth416
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I literally have heard of two guys on the card. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 5:05 PM
HighFreq
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paquet90 -
HighFreq -

I understand how people can bitch about PPV cards, but I can never understand how people can complain about free MMA, let alone free UFC.

What I'm bitching at is at the fact this is the first UFC event in Atlantic Canada and this is the best they can come up with . No TJ Grant or John Makdessi 2 stars from that area not even Ryan Jimmo. They have 4 guys on the card that it not there UFC debut or they only had 1 UFC fight . I'm not expecting a miracle but a main card with somewhat known fighters would be nice not just 2 fights. Phone Post 3.0
I can understand those going to the live event. I was more referring to those who are going to watch the event on TV. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 5:23 PM
LTL
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ch1ef - 
crowbar -

Mmmmm Paige

Did I read she had a spine injury? Phone Post 3.0

You did.

I wouldn't hold my breath on her being able to compete on this card.

8/24/14 5:28 PM
Dougie
1327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, not showing a lot of love for Canucks.

A good card if you watched TUF Nations and know local fighters but hard to pull in big numbers from casual fans.

8/24/14 5:29 PM
Brabatross
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 5:32 PM
Mitch Gagnon vs. Aljamain Sterling is going to be awesome. Is not knowing fighters cool now? I know 12 fighters on this card. There's a lot of interesting matchups on it.
8/24/14 5:34 PM
ChrisBJJ
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've already got my tickets, but I do wish they had some local guys on the card though. Was really hoping my teammate Gavin Tucker would at least get on the prelims, not really sure why they didn't.

Also the card is pretty much sold out, only tickets you can get now are upperbowl in the back on the corners.
8/24/14 5:43 PM
Jack Skellington
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisBJJ - I've already got my tickets, but I do wish they had some local guys on the card though. Was really hoping my teammate Gavin Tucker would at least get on the prelims, not really sure why they didn't.

Also the card is pretty much sold out, only tickets you can get now are upperbowl in the back on the corners.

Those aren't even beer seats. Those are called weed seats (back 2 rows of the building) lol
8/24/14 6:14 PM
TJGTT_Halichap
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got lower bowl, section 8. Shit card, but they always produce sick fights from guys hungry for bigger things, so I'm pumped. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 6:23 PM
Ktaco
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was super stoked about the UFC coming to Atlantic Canada but as it got closer to the time to buy tickets my excitement was on a steady decline. I in no way expected a star studded lineup but I had hoped for more than this. I can't bring myself to watch a full episode of TUF anymore so I see mostly new names.

Going to a live event will probably be a once in a lifetime thing for me. At this point I'm thinking that instead of making the 5 hour trip to Halifax I might be better off taking the extra time and money to go to a Toronto card where I feel I'll get a lot more bang for my buck experience wise.

I haven't completely crossed off the idea of going (I even have that week booked off), but at this point I'm just going to wait a few weeks before the event to really decide. I'm sure people will be selling their tickets and I can't see the demand being high enough for them to get 2x the price so I can deal with paying a reasonable markup.

8/24/14 6:36 PM
Jack Skellington
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJGTT_Halichap - Got lower bowl, section 8. Shit card, but they always produce sick fights from guys hungry for bigger things, so I'm pumped. Phone Post 3.0

Lower bowl here too section 11. I'll be the one in the Sakuraba mask. Very pumped for this!!!
8/24/14 7:00 PM
ChrisBJJ
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington - 
TJGTT_Halichap - Got lower bowl, section 8. Shit card, but they always produce sick fights from guys hungry for bigger things, so I'm pumped. Phone Post 3.0

Lower bowl here too section 11. I'll be the one in the Sakuraba mask. Very pumped for this!!!

I'm at Section 9, cool to see so many ugers going to the card.
8/24/14 7:03 PM
Paquet90
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoomBah -
Paquet90 - Tickets are from 48$-183$ and I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should waste my money to go watch a event I have zero interest in. Phone Post 3.0
Double edge sword for you. If fans like yourself don't support and buy tickets, the ufc won't come back. If people do buy the tickets, the ufc will know it can get away with substandard cards in your region... But at least they'll come back. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah but from what I'm hearing the tickets were selling well plus they were going to give some to the military down here also so hey at least if I don't go I will still watch it . Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:04 PM
Paquet90

Brabatross - Mitch Gagnon vs. Aljamain Sterling is going to be awesome. Is not knowing fighters cool now? I know 12 fighters on this card. There's a lot of interesting matchups on it.
I know most fighters on this card but I'm a die hard MMA fan. The casual fan I'm sure only knows who Rory is because he trains with GSP. What happens if Rory gets hurt do they cancel the event ? Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:07 PM
Paquet90

Ktaco - I was super stoked about the UFC coming to Atlantic Canada but as it got closer to the time to buy tickets my excitement was on a steady decline. I in no way expected a star studded lineup but I had hoped for more than this. I can't bring myself to watch a full episode of TUF anymore so I see mostly new names.

Going to a live event will probably be a once in a lifetime thing for me. At this point I'm thinking that instead of making the 5 hour trip to Halifax I might be better off taking the extra time and money to go to a Toronto card where I feel I'll get a lot more bang for my buck experience wise.

I haven't completely crossed off the idea of going (I even have that week booked off), but at this point I'm just going to wait a few weeks before the event to really decide. I'm sure people will be selling their tickets and I can't see the demand being high enough for them to get 2x the price so I can deal with paying a reasonable markup.

Yeah I went to GSP Vs Condit and it was insane and awesome . I just can't see this event being the same . If I were you I would just save up for a Montreal or Toronto event . Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:09 PM
ChrisBJJ

Paquet90 - 
Brabatross - Mitch Gagnon vs. Aljamain Sterling is going to be awesome. Is not knowing fighters cool now? I know 12 fighters on this card. There's a lot of interesting matchups on it.
I know most fighters on this card but I'm a die hard MMA fan. The casual fan I'm sure only knows who Rory is because he trains with GSP. What happens if Rory gets hurt do they cancel the event ? Phone Post 3.0

I bet Mein steps in if that happens.
8/24/14 7:34 PM
Paquet90

ChrisBJJ -
Paquet90 - 

I bet Mein steps in if that happens.
I rather see that fight to be honest . Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:37 PM
Atlee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ch1ef -
crowbar -

Mmmmm Paige

Yeah i hit it a bit to hard. Sorry fellas. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 9:51 PM
Paquet90

Zed Wayne Zed - Wow.

To all the boys in Halifornia, sorry you're paying exhorbant prices for one fighter on the card who cannot yet headline a PPV.

Actually has I said earlier tickets are dirt cheap 48$/183$ is pretty cheap. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:02 PM
Vader03
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im perfectly ok with a free card like this so that the ppvs are loaded up a bit more. IMO the free cards should be like this so the ppvs stay strong Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:34 PM
Mark Krumrine
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to see Felder on the big stage Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:14 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Ch1ef -
crowbar -

Mmmmm Paige

She's off the card I do believe. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:22 PM
ThEUniT

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Ch1ef -
crowbar -

Mmmmm Paige

She's off the card I do believe. Phone Post 3.0
No0o0o0o00000 Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:31 PM
Megatherium
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of CanCon eh!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.