UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anyone else think that the stoppage was fine?

8/24/14 2:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson was dropped hard. He was KTFO for a second. When you go down like that the ref has to stop the fight. He was done.

I saw people saying that Edgar took more damage vs. Maynard in the 2nd and 3rd fights. Well that is true but Frankie is tougher than Benson and has a much better chin. Not saying that Benson isn't tough or is glass chinned but no one can match Frankie is those 2 departments.
8/24/14 2:26 PM
Ingjr

How do we know if Bendo would have recovered? We don't. I would have liked to see at least a few seconds longer before stoppage. Did look to be recovering quickly, however we'll never know.
8/24/14 2:28 PM
ShogunBuddha
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it was good. Might have been early but it definitely looked like he was out for a second Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 2:31 PM
Caught_clean
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its just that there is consistency. Sometimes the ref lets them take to much of a beating, sometimes a guy gets dropped and they jump in right away and dont let him have a chance to recover. I wouldn't mind it if they didn't let some guys have a chance and others not. I understand its a very tough job and you have to make snap judgments though, it is what it is.

Also we have no idea if Ben would of recovered because Big John frog splashed him before he hit the fucking Canvas.
8/24/14 2:31 PM
SteveDav

He got nailed by by the knee and folded in half by the left hook and when it happened big John was right on top of it and said he saw Bendo go out so that's good enough for me! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 2:33 PM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It wasn't that bad a stoppage, but I thought Wilson Reis was just as badly hurt in the prelims and came back to win. BJM has a history of early stoppages and I wish he would give guys a bit more a chance to recover.
8/24/14 2:34 PM
RougeRider
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a good stoppage.
8/24/14 2:37 PM
Dana Stern

He would likely have just got more smashed in if BJM didn't stop it and people would complain about it being late. Dos Anjos was hitting hard last night and was winning that fight I believe regardless so no complaints here. Either way it was fine by me. Phone Post
8/24/14 3:01 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight

The stoppage was fine.

8/24/14 3:14 PM
Foos
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShogunBuddha - I think it was good. Might have been early but it definitely looked like he was out for a second Phone Post 3.0

8/24/14 3:24 PM
tecknowledge

crawling through the ref's legs while he is on a knee is a good sign to stop the fight. quit judging with your hearts.
8/24/14 5:43 PM
Ministry of Truth

He dropped like a ton of bricks, and if the cage wasn't there, his head would have bounced off of the canvas. Nowadays, that almost always leads to a stoppage. Great job by BJM.
8/24/14 5:48 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

tecknowledge - crawling through the ref's legs while he is on a knee is a good sign to stop the fight. quit judging with your hearts.
Lol Bjm basically teabagged him as he was trying to get up. I don't know what else he was suppose to do? He seemed to be coherent enough it's not like he started shooting In on him. He was trying to get out from under him Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 5:55 PM
Ministry of Truth

Bisping decisioned my SN - 
tecknowledge - crawling through the ref's legs while he is on a knee is a good sign to stop the fight. quit judging with your hearts.
Lol Bjm basically teabagged him as he was trying to get up. I don't know what else he was suppose to do? He seemed to be coherent enough it's not like he started shooting In on him. He was trying to get out from under him Phone Post 3.0

He came to pretty quickly, as many fighters do when they are KOd/TKOd. This seems to be especially true for fighters like Bendo who haven't been KOd often. Regardless, the ref has to step in to protect fighters like that when they see they are vulnerable.
8/24/14 5:57 PM
RyannVonDoom

Saw it.. Seemed pretty good to me. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 5:59 PM
ChaosOverkill
740 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worried it was early in first view, saw replay, looked fine.

8/24/14 6:00 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stoppage, IMO. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 6:10 PM
Papi Chingon
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm indifferent to the stoppage. An argument can be made either way.
8/24/14 6:26 PM
mada

I thought it was a good stoppage and I can't imagine how bad Ben would've leg humped if he had recovered Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 6:44 PM
kungfugrip
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when you go down like he did after that left, the fight is over.

fighters and fan bitch but i'd rather hear that then see some of the problems that football players are having after too many hard shots
8/24/14 6:46 PM
Good Boy Killa

Good stoppage anybody who argues that is just a benson dick rider Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 6:49 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't even realize there was "controversy" until I went on the UG lol
8/24/14 6:56 PM
Galanis
1256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a good stoppage. He was concussed twice. At the time BJM stepped in he was out.. not BJM's fault he woke up right after. The call was already made and it was the right one. Benson will fight another day.

8/24/14 7:06 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut - I didn't even realize there was "controversy" until I went on the UG lol
Every stoppage is either too late or too early on the UG. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:06 PM
WuDaddy
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stoppage. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.