8/24/14 4:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mlake180
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't think I can do it, how does everyone feel? Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 4:09 PM
dhughes
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, no.
8/24/14 4:13 PM
MagSlim

Henry Cejudo's debut isn't enough to save a shit card.

The question you have to ask yourself is are you willing to pay to sit through all that for one fight you really want to see.

That's a shitty situation to be in, and why people hate the UFC's new 48 events per year model.

They said last night lightweight has over 100 fighters. Who wants to pay to watch the 103rd best lightweight in the world fight the 91st best lightweight?

Compelling stuff. Superbowl of MMA indeed.
8/24/14 4:27 PM
robopimp
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take away the main event and this is worse than an FS1 card. I will stroll into the bar before the main event, but they may not even show it. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 4:30 PM
sagemma
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a weird spot for me. I dont want to buy a shitty card and feel like im getting ripped off. but the main event im extremely interested in.

I would pay 5 bucks with a group of friends to buy this card. But thats it Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 4:34 PM
Bisping=StillGatekeeper4Life
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The question I ask myself being from the UK is am I prepared to stay up till six in the morning to watch this? The answer is a flat no. I'll record it and watch when I get up. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 4:44 PM
Galanis
1202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I won't be buying it, first time in a while. I want to see TJ/Barao 2 but not for $60

8/24/14 4:57 PM
blakemp

robopimp - Take away the main event and this is worse than an FS1 card. I will stroll into the bar before the main event, but they may not even show it. Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one who believes FOX forced the UFC not to touch the "JACARE VS. MOUSASI" card? The UFC could've easily replaced the Overeem & Mitrione fights with the Castillo & Baszler fights... so how come they didn't? I think the relationship between FOX & the UFC must be strained. The UFC really fucked up with the FOX audience, and the failure of the UFC on FOX has a huge impact on FOX Sports 1.

It seems the only reason FOX made a deal with the UFC was so that they could start FS1, and if that's the case, FOX must be really upset with them. It just seems like FOX must've complained to the UFC or vented their frustration to the point where the UFC is going to take a major hit on PPV buys.
8/24/14 4:58 PM
dennis5
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis - 

I won't be buying it, first time in a while. I want to see TJ/Barao 2 but not for $60

indeed.
8/24/14 5:01 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather buy a dying Blockbuster Video franchise

8/24/14 5:02 PM
Galanis
1202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 5:04 PM
dennis5 - 
Galanis - 

indeed.

Honestly if it was still the 135 and 125 titles on the line in 2 main events I would've bought it, just because it's 2 title fights on a card which means big implications should either have an upset. The fact they've spread the 2 smaller title fights out across 2 cards really hurts them. 178 I will buy because there are some awesome fights, but it won't be for the main event solely.

I think with these titles, you pretty much have to do those UFC 168 style main events. Heavier title on top, and 125/135 title in the co main. It's the only way to make any money and give those titles a high profile spot. TJ/Barao 2 could've legit headlined a card if they waited like a year, and let Barao build himself back up with wins.. while TJ got a good defense in or 2. People want to see that rematch.. but not 2 months after the first fight, where Barao was destroyed, and had nothing for TJ.

How can it be that I'm a fucking 25 year old dude who sits at home too much, yet I know for a fact I could run some of these cards better than the UFC's current model? I mean if you HAVE to put UFC 177 on.. throw a fucking big name HW fight in the co main for god sake. Just pay 2 fighters some dough and let's get a JDS vs Barnett style fight to save these cards. They had plenty of time to pull something like that off. Just pay the fucking fighters to fight on short notice, PRIDE did it ALL of the time. Money talks.

Instead? They cancel UFC 176 all together, lighten 177 and 178 to the max... How exactly does that seem like good business strategy? Jesus.

8/24/14 5:42 PM
Surly
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blakemp -
robopimp - Take away the main event and this is worse than an FS1 card. I will stroll into the bar before the main event, but they may not even show it. Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one who believes FOX forced the UFC not to touch the "JACARE VS. MOUSASI" card? The UFC could've easily replaced the Overeem & Mitrione fights with the Castillo & Baszler fights... so how come they didn't? I think the relationship between FOX & the UFC must be strained. The UFC really fucked up with the FOX audience, and the failure of the UFC on FOX has a huge impact on FOX Sports 1.

It seems the only reason FOX made a deal with the UFC was so that they could start FS1, and if that's the case, FOX must be really upset with them. It just seems like FOX must've complained to the UFC or vented their frustration to the point where the UFC is going to take a major hit on PPV buys.
I think it has more to do with Bellator being the same night. This is the best FS1 card in quite some time, possibly since the first one. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 5:48 PM
Gulping the LayNBaderade
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "main event", shouldn't even be happening in the first place, I can't think of a bigger joke of a rematch. Immediately following the fight no one in their right mind would have called for an immediate rematch. It was one of the most one sided beating I have ever seen. What's worse is that there is no good situation that will come of it. If Dillishaw wins again it will just make the fight, what it already was, completely pointless and a slap in the face to any real UFC fan.

If Barao wins, what the fuck happens then? a 3rd fight? a 3rd fight that shouldn't even have happened in the first place because the 2nd one shouldn't have?

This fight is one of the reasons why I will never buy anything related to ZUFFA or the UFC.
8/24/14 6:02 PM
mixedmartialfarts
781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually going to this event. Bought tickets before they poached the Mighty Mouse fight for 178 but I would probably still buy them just because the UFC doesn't come to Sac all that often and it's a fun excuse to hang with friends that I don't see that often.

Honestly though it pisses me off to see how stacked 178 is considering they took one of the best matches from 177 which was already a weak card on paper. UFC events are always fun and you never know how exciting fights are going to be until they happen, but this is definitely the weakest card that I can remember in recent memory.
8/24/14 7:46 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What does UFC do with Barao if he gets clowned 5 more rounds by TJ?

I think they got caught in a bad spot. They built Barao up as a tiny Silva only to see him dominated by the underdog.

If it happens again it means Barao has not just lost 2 straight but in thoroughly dominating fashion.

Will they finally start putting promotion behind TJ?

Or will they again act like it's a shocking upset and position Barao for a comeback and a 3rd bout?

This rematch never should have happened yet.

It don't compelling enough to make people pay to see it and the undercard is not even Fight Pass worthy. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:49 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a shot in hell. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 7:53 PM
Kim Jong Uno

You know.... I'm just not going to be able to do it.
8/24/14 7:59 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 8:01 PM
JMO_LOL

rolling my boat gently down a body of water Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 8:14 PM
creepymcfinger

Nope Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 9:32 PM
SuperFreakingRyan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not buying but going BWW to watch. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:08 PM
mijo

Since Barao is gong to make this quick and easy. It's not worth it. Poor planning by the UFC if you ask me Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:09 PM
CaptainThunderPlums
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck no, 178 is looking good though Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:18 PM
SupesUp
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really want to see the main, I think it will be closer but no this isn't worth the money. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:22 PM
Vandalay Silva
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im buying it.

Dillashaw and Barao by itself is worth it. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.