UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is buying UFC 177

28 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
R00STER
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SuperFreakingRyan - Not buying but going BWW to watch. Phone Post 3.0
I always either watch with friends or go to BWW (or some other bar/restaurant) but I honestly don't think I can make even that much effort for this card. I know since I almost never pay $60 for a PPV myself that I'm not sending much of a message by skipping it, but still, I don't think I can watch it out of principle alone. I really hope the buys are low enough that something good comes from this, i.e. they don't try to pull this crap again. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
doerksenfan
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I wasn't a cheap ass that never buys PPVs, I'd want the main card to be much better than the free fights. The free card has Cejudo/Jorgensen, Birchak/Soto, and Larkin/Brunson, which is damn solid. IMO, no need to put money down when the prelims should provide plenty of fun - for free. I mean, Baszler on PPV? Get real. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
crudz
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I buy most but this card is crap. So no. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
Brabatross
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to a bar. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
I Wild Each It
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a negative, ghostrider. Gonna be watching FSU vs. Ok St, and LSU vs. Wisconsin.
28 days ago
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Less than 100k people Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
jitsnbeer

I am going to the event
28 days ago
Gulping the LayNBaderade
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - That's a negative, ghostrider. Gonna be watching FSU vs. Ok St, and LSU vs. Wisconsin.

damn, those are some good games
28 days ago
Vote me down

Edited: 08/25/14 1:55 AM
Most likely will be a PPV fail but anyway I def wanna watch the main fight but ill save the money for 178.. These tickets goin on sale on groupon for 35% off like 2 weeks ago.... Its not looking good. This is also in Dillashaws backyard in Sacramento.
28 days ago
BrocksEliteStandUp

I get every single event free here in the UK and I'm starting to struggle to sit through some of these cards.

It was bad enough when it was an event three times a month but putting multiple cards on the same night is just a joke and a byproduct of the UFC getting greedy IMO.

Bring back two shows a month, one on tv, one on PPV and stack the cards full of great fights. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
SinCityHustler

blakemp - 
robopimp - Take away the main event and this is worse than an FS1 card. I will stroll into the bar before the main event, but they may not even show it. Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one who believes FOX forced the UFC not to touch the "JACARE VS. MOUSASI" card? The UFC could've easily replaced the Overeem & Mitrione fights with the Castillo & Baszler fights... so how come they didn't? I think the relationship between FOX & the UFC must be strained. The UFC really fucked up with the FOX audience, and the failure of the UFC on FOX has a huge impact on FOX Sports 1.

It seems the only reason FOX made a deal with the UFC was so that they could start FS1, and if that's the case, FOX must be really upset with them. It just seems like FOX must've complained to the UFC or vented their frustration to the point where the UFC is going to take a major hit on PPV buys.

What did the UFC do to fuck up with the FOX audience?
28 days ago
moss_4h
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i will lol ppvs are now $30 in new zealand (was $25) & my bros and i will be splitting it.. only $10 for me
27 days ago
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

moss_4h - i will lol ppvs are now $30 in new zealand (was $25) & my bros and i will be splitting it.. only $10 for me

That's a good price.

Be nice when UFC doesn't have the PPV model and just does all their card on Fox in the US but that won't happen for a few years.

I have purchased every card since prior to UFC 100 but don't think I'll buy this one. Not because I am not interested but just because I won't be home. Maybe I'll buy it and record it but I doubt it.
27 days ago
morg3148

Not a chance, will not even watch it. Could care less about 1 fight. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
I Wild Each It
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gulping the LayNBaderade - 
I Wild Each It - That's a negative, ghostrider. Gonna be watching FSU vs. Ok St, and LSU vs. Wisconsin.

damn, those are some good games

Yes they are, which is why this PPV is really in trouble. It's not just the shitty card the UFC is battling...it's opening weekend for college football and there are some sick games on.
27 days ago
BrattMamley
1063 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sagemma - Its a weird spot for me. I dont want to buy a shitty card and feel like im getting ripped off. but the main event im extremely interested in.

I would pay 5 bucks with a group of friends to buy this card. But thats it Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Kimbos Lice
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to the bar and watching it. Main event should be amazing. The rest, well, I might just show up for the main event. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Card
2031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/14 1:46 PM

Edwards is injured... UFC.com needs to update the card.

27 days ago
blakemp

SinCityHustler - 
blakemp - 
robopimp - Take away the main event and this is worse than an FS1 card. I will stroll into the bar before the main event, but they may not even show it. Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one who believes FOX forced the UFC not to touch the "JACARE VS. MOUSASI" card? The UFC could've easily replaced the Overeem & Mitrione fights with the Castillo & Baszler fights... so how come they didn't? I think the relationship between FOX & the UFC must be strained. The UFC really fucked up with the FOX audience, and the failure of the UFC on FOX has a huge impact on FOX Sports 1.

It seems the only reason FOX made a deal with the UFC was so that they could start FS1, and if that's the case, FOX must be really upset with them. It just seems like FOX must've complained to the UFC or vented their frustration to the point where the UFC is going to take a major hit on PPV buys.

What did the UFC do to fuck up with the FOX audience?

Well, the corporation's formula is heavily reliant on hardcore fans and they totally forgot how to deal with new viewers. FOX 2 is a great example of how the UFC fucked up. Even though it had Chael Sonnen, Bisping, Rashad Evans, and Demian Maia, it was just an atrocious card for new fans. And as a result, the ratings plummeted for FOX 3. If the UFC didn't fuck up, the ratings would have increased after FOX 2.

Nate Diaz saved the FOX deal in my opinion, he headlined FOX 3, stopped the ratings slide, and then his fight for the belt on FOX 5 drew the highest ratings since the dip. And after that fight, the ratings stayed about the same for a little while. But the UFC put no thought into FOX, they just looked at it as a platform to build up certain fighters. So they made the flyweights headline, and that's when they really fucked things up.

The ratings went back down, and I guess the FOX audience was just done by FOX 11. FOX 11 was a solid card (Browne vs Werdum) and averaged 2.5 million viewers, the lowest rated show. Then the most recent card, Lawler vs Brown, also averaged 2.5 million. The UFC just totally fucked up the FOX deal.
27 days ago
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll take a book to the pub Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Nwms34

This is not even fight pass worthy besides the main event. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
ChaosOverkill
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Over/under on the time until "Fuck your dollar" comment from Dana?

27 days ago
rRooster
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galanis -
dennis5 - 
Galanis - 

I won't be buying it, first time in a while. I want to see TJ/Barao 2 but not for $60

indeed.

Honestly if it was still the 135 and 125 titles on the line in 2 main events I would've bought it, just because it's 2 title fights on a card which means big implications should either have an upset. The fact they've spread the 2 smaller title fights out across 2 cards really hurts them. 178 I will buy because there are some awesome fights, but it won't be for the main event solely.

I think with these titles, you pretty much have to do those UFC 168 style main events. Heavier title on top, and 125/135 title in the co main. It's the only way to make any money and give those titles a high profile spot. TJ/Barao 2 could've legit headlined a card if they waited like a year, and let Barao build himself back up with wins.. while TJ got a good defense in or 2. People want to see that rematch.. but not 2 months after the first fight, where Barao was destroyed, and had nothing for TJ.

How can it be that I'm a fucking 25 year old dude who sits at home too much, yet I know for a fact I could run some of these cards better than the UFC's current model? I mean if you HAVE to put UFC 177 on.. throw a fucking big name HW fight in the co main for god sake. Just pay 2 fighters some dough and let's get a JDS vs Barnett style fight to save these cards. They had plenty of time to pull something like that off. Just pay the fucking fighters to fight on short notice, PRIDE did it ALL of the time. Money talks.

Instead? They cancel UFC 176 all together, lighten 177 and 178 to the max... How exactly does that seem like good business strategy? Jesus.

The free event on Saturday was better. The sept. 5th free card is better. It will blow my mind if 177 does over 100k buys. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
NYjojo

UFC 147: Franklin vs. Silva was worse, it did 140k ppv buys. UFC 161 was just as bad, it did 140k ppv buys.
27 days ago
RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm buying it, but splitting it with 2 other people. The card is still worth $20 to me for the Renan and Castillo fights. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.