UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why Arena Combat 2-on-2 fighting is GREAT for MMA!

8/24/14 8:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oxvaletudo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out these reactions and comments from the competitors of Arena Combat's first American Event. For anyone that has reservations about this exciting new sport, these raw expressions of their experiences (including the first American survivor of the 2-on-1 sudden death round) speak measures for the great time that they each had making combat sports history!! 
8/24/14 11:59 PM
theringmaster
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA: Inside the Cage, Owner / Host
I think this answers a lot of questions. When you have the crowds approval and the fighters approval, the critics don't matter. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:46 AM
Galanis
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's definitely interesting and different. I can't see it catching on and being anywhere near like MMA though.

8/25/14 12:58 AM
robhustle
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some footage highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qBIXjXw7c

Reminds me of the playground growing up in Hawaii
8/25/14 8:39 AM
Asheville MMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Proud to have guys from my gym compete in this and win! (Ichiban MMA in Asheville)

8/25/14 8:57 AM
bearockbrobama
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be in Asheville next month. Need to check your place out. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:28 PM
theringmaster
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To The Top!

8/25/14 1:52 PM
Asheville MMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@bearockbrobama  sounds great man, Erick Jordan is our head dude, great guy.  let me know if you want to get in some striking practice, would love to train with a fellow UGer

8/25/14 5:38 PM
oxvaletudo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Asheville MMA -

Proud to have guys from my gym compete in this and win! (Ichiban MMA in Asheville)

Ichiban is an amazing academy, which Arena Combat is very happy to be involved with. Head instructor Erick Jordan is an extremely knowledgable instructor and one of the most well rounded grappling competitors in the game (as witnessed in his very competitive 2013 super fight with Gracie Barra standout Bruno Amorim). Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 12:07 PM
Asheville MMA

oxvaletduo, do you train at Blackeye here in town?  I live in Asheville if you are looking for a training partner, currently I'm only training standup, but i'm always looking for new people to work out with.  I look forward to more Arena Combat events

9/4/14 12:38 PM
oxvaletudo

Asheville MMA -

oxvaletduo, do you train at Blackeye here in town?  I live in Asheville if you are looking for a training partner, currently I'm only training standup, but i'm always looking for new people to work out with.  I look forward to more Arena Combat events

No I'm located about an hour west in Johnson City, but we have fighters from all over the region in on Sundays for open mat.

Right now Bellator contracted fighter Nate Jolly is in a lot preparing for his fight in October. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/14 4:11 PM
AlphaTardTravisFan
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
9/4/14 4:19 PM
CurtisTheConqueror
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was pretty cool I've gotta admit. It adds a nice element of surprise Phone Post 3.0
9/4/14 4:29 PM
Submissable
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ir reminds me of what Enson said on Rogans podcast saying the only challenge in fighting he hadnt faced yet that interested him was a 2 on 1 bout with him fighting two monsters. Hes a man amonst men in many many ways. Blood is only red sweat!
9/10/14 1:51 PM
theringmaster

I'd like to Rogan's take on the sport. I don't know that he's ever directly talked about it.

We're seeing the same type of response from even top UFC fighters. They love the concept, and would love to be a part of it.

Ya just never know..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.