UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 177 results & discussion

8/24/14 10:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC 177 took place Saturday, August 30th, in Sacramento, CA. The main event featured a bantamweight title fight between TJ Dillashaw and Joe Soto.

Main Card (Live on PPV, 10:00 PM ET)
-T.J. Dillashaw defeated Joe Soto by KO (Strikes, Round 5, 2:20)
-Tony Ferguson defeated Danny Castillo by Split Decision (29-28,29-28,29-28)
-Bethe Correia defeated Shayna Baszler by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 1:56)
-Carlos Diego Ferreira defeated Ramsey Nijem by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 1:53)
-Yancy Medeiros defeated Damon Jackson by Technical Submission (Reverse Guillotine Choke, Round 2, 1:54)

Preliminary Card (Live on FOX Sports 1, 8:00 PM ET)
-Derek Brunson defeated Lorenz Larkin by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
-Anthony Hamilton defeated Ruan Potts by TKO (Strikes, Round 2, 4:17)

Preliminary Bout (Live on UFC Fight Pass, 7:30 PM ET)
-Chris Wade defeated Cain Carrizosa by Technical Submission (Guillotine Choke, Round 1, 1:12)

8/24/14 10:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this a free PPV? Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 10:57 PM
hendofanforlife(LMBBchamp!)
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - Is this a free PPV? Phone Post 3.0

you sound poor 

8/24/14 11:01 PM
I back
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to be there in person next week and plan on drinking enough beer to make the card seem less abysmal.

I bought cheap seats for $75...anyone know if the UFC is offering any discounted seat upgrades? I'm guessing the live gate will be less than spectacular... Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:16 PM
I back
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I sound bitchy and ungrateful Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:58 AM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I back - Damn, I sound bitchy and ungrateful Phone Post 3.0

nah, don't blame you at all... fucking those beers won't be cheap either.. pocket a mickey, imo)

8/25/14 1:08 AM
I back

inf0 -
I back - Damn, I sound bitchy and ungrateful Phone Post 3.0

nah, don't blame you at all... fucking those beers won't be cheap either.. pocket a mickey, imo)

Good call. Going to pre-drink in the parking lot, too. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 1:18 AM
Sweet T

Seriously, this is the worst PPV card I've ever seen. And the joke is on me because I won't be able to resist ordering it. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 1:25 AM
Bry Bry

damn thats a terrible card..
8/25/14 1:33 AM
ProctorMMA
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good card.
8/25/14 6:41 AM
YHTOMIT2001
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more interested in 3 of the 4 prelim fights(soto/birchak, Jorgensen/cejudo, and Brunson/Larkin) than I am in any of the main card fights other than the main event. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 7:13 AM
moss_4h
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tj
ferguson
baszler
nijem
medeiros
larkin
cejudo
8/25/14 7:23 AM
GROUNDnLB
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will the buy rate be under 100k?

I have literally nothing planned for that night, and will not order it. It's not even on the level of what the UFC on Fuel cards were once. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 7:54 AM
Lasko
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GROUNDnLB - Will the buy rate be under 100k?

I have literally nothing planned for that night, and will not order it. It's not even on the level of what the UFC on Fuel cards were once. Phone Post 3.0
Right there with you man. I'm not even going to stream it, probably just watch a movie with the wife and watch the main event the next morning. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 8:13 AM
GROUNDnLB
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lasko -
GROUNDnLB - Will the buy rate be under 100k?

Right there with you man. I'm not even going to stream it, probably just watch a movie with the wife and watch the main event the next morning. Phone Post 3.0
It's like we are living in parallel :) Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 10:16 AM
jiujitsumstr

Sweet T - Seriously, this is the worst PPV card I've ever seen. And the joke is on me because I won't be able to resist ordering it. Phone Post 3.0

Yes the joke is on you. That's why Dana and the mafia brothers make millions from guys like you.
8/30/14 11:53 AM
rRooster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jiujitsumstr -
Sweet T - Seriously, this is the worst PPV card I've ever seen. And the joke is on me because I won't be able to resist ordering it. Phone Post 3.0

Yes the joke is on you. That's why Dana and the mafia brothers make millions from guys like you.
Yep. If you buy a card like this you are giving your seal of approval that you like cards like these and would want to pay $60 for more cards like it. Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 3:14 PM
Ocean6

Can we get some updates to the lineup, or do we think it might change again?
8/30/14 3:23 PM
I back

Ocean6 - Can we get some updates to the lineup, or do we think it might change again?
Main Card
-T.J. Dillashaw vs. Joe Soto
-Danny Castillo vs. Tony Ferguson
-Shayna Baszler vs. Bethe Correia
-Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Ramsey Nijem
-Damon Jackson vs. Yancy Medeiros

Preliminary Card
-Derek Brunson vs. Lorenz Larkin
-Anthony Hamilton vs. Ruan Potts
-Cain Carrizosa vs. Chris Wade Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 3:42 PM
Ocean6

ty
8/30/14 4:12 PM
Fabefromfort

This is an excellent precursor for setting up a historical, and monumental leap in MMA history. Fight Nite 50 will be good, very good. That same night down the road Bellator issues its next PPV installment, which I predict a big success for. All this talk of poor UFC cards, and cancellations for whatever reasons, laments of injuries, not making weight, personal, professional reasons for not fighting etc. will culminate on that fateful night to push Bellator into a solid organization number 2. Fight fans are salivating over that night already. They have been waiting eons it seems for even a mediocre card, any card to watch fights. On that night there will be the free Fight Night 50 and Bellator 123. Bellator is doing right by sticking to its guns and just trying to put on the best show it can. UFC is watering down its cards with little or no names to fill its cards. They will learn soon if the UFC Brand alone will sell seats and PPVs. I think not. This show tonight and others in the past will allow fight fans to save its money for Bellator. Dana is assuming fans will watch his free show and not Bellators. This is a huge mistake in MMA history. I think die hards will certainly watch both. They are dieing to watch fights. There hasn't been many lately. I think many will choose Bellators show outright. Just for spite. I think a number of UFC fans will tune into Bellator's show. I dare say. Yep, I definitely think fight fans will tune in and watch both cards. Buy Bellators after watching a free Fight Night. Sounds like an awesome night of fights, and get togethers. The UFC is taking advantage of technology to stream and issue PPVs around the globe. Now Bellator will benefit from a simple buy later technology, and fight fans will now get a great extended night of fights. Fight night will even boost Bellator ratings by drawing its fans to a night of fights whereas drawing those fans that would not have tuned in. Now some of them will watch Bellator. The UFC is making a huge mistake not cancelling and regrouping here. 100,000 will be a success for Bellator 150,000 a resounding success. I think they get 275,000 maybe more, maybe considerably more. The hand that feeds the UFC will feed another on Fight Night. The fight fans are turning. Bellator does not have the arsenal of the UFC for sure, but they can begin building an arsenal. Coker is already pulling the right moves. Put the best shows on that you can. Reuse guys if you have to, to stack cards. The UFC will not make Jon Jones fight every month, but, you can get guys to fight 6,7, 8 times in a year then give em a year of rest, maybe 2 or 3 fights. the UFC Brand is going to not keep the fans when the name guys move on. Bellator and possibly others will cash in on this mistake.
8/30/14 4:14 PM
GROUNDnLB

^ paragraphs were invented for a reason Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 5:45 PM
Yussarian
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/30/14 5:48 PM
Card should've been canceled.
8/30/14 5:56 PM
Logic MMA

Fabefromfort - This is an excellent precursor for setting up a historical, and monumental leap in MMA history. Fight Nite 50 will be good, very good. That same night down the road Bellator issues its next PPV installment, which I predict a big success for. All this talk of poor UFC cards, and cancellations for whatever reasons, laments of injuries, not making weight, personal, professional reasons for not fighting etc. will culminate on that fateful night to push Bellator into a solid organization number 2. Fight fans are salivating over that night already. They have been waiting eons it seems for even a mediocre card, any card to watch fights. On that night there will be the free Fight Night 50 and Bellator 123. Bellator is doing right by sticking to its guns and just trying to put on the best show it can. UFC is watering down its cards with little or no names to fill its cards. They will learn soon if the UFC Brand alone will sell seats and PPVs. I think not. This show tonight and others in the past will allow fight fans to save its money for Bellator. Dana is assuming fans will watch his free show and not Bellators. This is a huge mistake in MMA history. I think die hards will certainly watch both. They are dieing to watch fights. There hasn't been many lately. I think many will choose Bellators show outright. Just for spite. I think a number of UFC fans will tune into Bellator's show. I dare say. Yep, I definitely think fight fans will tune in and watch both cards. Buy Bellators after watching a free Fight Night. Sounds like an awesome night of fights, and get togethers. The UFC is taking advantage of technology to stream and issue PPVs around the globe. Now Bellator will benefit from a simple buy later technology, and fight fans will now get a great extended night of fights. Fight night will even boost Bellator ratings by drawing its fans to a night of fights whereas drawing those fans that would not have tuned in. Now some of them will watch Bellator. The UFC is making a huge mistake not cancelling and regrouping here. 100,000 will be a success for Bellator 150,000 a resounding success. I think they get 275,000 maybe more, maybe considerably more. The hand that feeds the UFC will feed another on Fight Night. The fight fans are turning. Bellator does not have the arsenal of the UFC for sure, but they can begin building an arsenal. Coker is already pulling the right moves. Put the best shows on that you can. Reuse guys if you have to, to stack cards. The UFC will not make Jon Jones fight every month, but, you can get guys to fight 6,7, 8 times in a year then give em a year of rest, maybe 2 or 3 fights. the UFC Brand is going to not keep the fans when the name guys move on. Bellator and possibly others will cash in on this mistake.

paragraphs buddy, learn how to use them.

ain't nobody reading that block of text.

8/30/14 6:15 PM
Rambo John J
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

basically pissing on the hardcore fans face and telling them it is raining

IT IS NOT RAINING

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.