UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lombard: F@$% the haters

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/24/14 11:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight Hector Lombard recently unveiled a new cage name, and an apparel line to go with it - Showeather.

The hardcore fanbase did not generally speaking feel an immediate connection with the brand, but Lombard is used to criticism.

“Story of my life,” said Lombard to Ben Fowlkes for MMAJunkie. “Since I started doing MMA, I’ve been criticized. But I can’t worry about that. I have to be positive and keep going. F–- the haters.”

“Showeather stands for, ‘I’m ready for any weather. I’m ready to show you all.'"

Lombard addressed another common criticism - that he goes too hard in the gym.

"You see these characters where they go like 'Let's go light, let's go 50%,'" he said. "Then smack they whack you up. The same thing happened to me, every single time they say let's go light, they just beat me up."

The interviewer then asked Lombard if he thinks then that it is other people's fault.

Lombard smiled, and replied "Of course."

8/24/14 11:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/24/14 11:39 PM

Whatever helps I guess, i didn't see anyone hate on him or the line/name, we just didn't get it or find it a compelling nickname, it kind of loses effect when you have to explain it. Still a fan of his fighting... am I a hater now?

8/24/14 11:40 PM
MillhouseMMA
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But what the fuck does it even mean? 

8/24/14 11:44 PM
Jesus Cannons
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MillhouseMMA -

“Showeather stands for, ‘I’m ready for any weather. I’m ready to show you all.'"

Ready for any weather bro. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:45 PM
ChaosOverkill
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Cannons - 
MillhouseMMA -

For those days when there's a hail storm indoors at a UFC event?

8/24/14 11:47 PM
SoCalMutt
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weather the storm Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:48 PM
PrettyBoy
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's go ShowWeather! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:55 PM
BooZe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
Jesus Cannons - 
MillhouseMMA -

For those days when there's a hail storm indoors at a UFC event?

Hail snow or shine Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:58 PM
redbluff

I'm sure he likes it better than Chango...that shit is fucking insulting. That's just one of the words white latinos use for blacks.

I would have rather he called himself La Muerte and used Nuestra Señora de la Santa Muerte as his icon/logo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=la+santa+muerte&client=firefox-a&hs=Wp7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fbP6U5TxNoyTyATj3YC4Bw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1138&bih=514

That shit would have been righteous.

Siempre Adelante Hector y que se chingen los que odian!!!!!!

8/24/14 11:59 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He used to be "Lightning", right?

So I guess he's saying one weather pattern isn't enough to describe him....in that sense "Anyweather" makes more sense than "Showeather".

Or, most likely, he wants to emphasize his willingness to fight...his willingness to "show". He won't hide, he'll "show". When? Anytime. Any weather.

...Showeather.

?????

Only in deciphering the intricacies of the origin of the name can one truly appreciate how fucking stupid it really is... Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:05 AM
rumble_fish
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fighting nick name kind of loses it's appeal if you have to explain it. Like seriously, Showeather? Doesn't even sound cool.
8/25/14 12:12 AM
ChaosOverkill

I swear I read it as Shoe Leather the first time I saw it but without the space, like "Tough as Shoe Leather"

hendofanforlife(LMBBchamp!)
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill

Malvert the Janitor - He used to be "Lightning", right?

So I guess he's saying one weather pattern isn't enough to describe him....in that sense "Anyweather" makes more sense than "Showeather".

Or, most likely, he wants to emphasize his willingness to fight...his willingness to "show". He won't hide, he'll "show". When? Anytime. Any weather.

...Showeather.

?????

Only in deciphering the intricacies of the origin of the name can one truly appreciate how fucking stupid it really is... Phone Post 3.0

No no, you're a hater now

8/25/14 12:14 AM
ChaosOverkill

It's also getting incredibly sad that anyone in the public eye claims any form of slight head scratching instead of unilateral praise is all attributed to "haters" now all pining to see you fall apparently.

We just asked why Hector, all we asked was why.

8/25/14 12:19 AM
JosselEmin

As a cuban I love Hector and he's my favorite fighter but there's no excuse for him calling ppl who disagree with that retarded nickname "haters" Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:22 AM
vaginal tear
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus Cannons -
MillhouseMMA -

The altitude is to high bro. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:30 AM
newjack900
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's too much of a bad-ass for that nickname.. Lightning was pretty weak too.. Can't somebody creative make a nickname that has ties to the Trojan prince or is that lame?
8/25/14 12:32 AM
ChaosOverkill

Hector "Cuban Missile Crisis" Lombard

8/25/14 12:37 AM
BKViper
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/14 12:38 AM

8/25/14 12:44 AM
ChaosOverkill

Well at least Rory's "Aries" isn't the worst nickname anymore

8/25/14 12:49 AM
inf0
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

lol pretty sure it still is
8/25/14 12:49 AM
inf0
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did he mean All Weather? like dem tyres
8/25/14 12:55 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

It's Ares, Greek God of war

Not

Aries, the astrological sign Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:55 AM
ChaosOverkill

inf0 - did he mean All Weather? like dem tyres

Hector "Michelin Man" Lombard

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.