UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Cassius" Clay

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/25/14 8:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkalogic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Power Double - Dude's a boxer named Clay. Not really sure what else you'd expect. It would basically be rude not to have that as his nickname Phone Post 3.0
Exactly.

I'd be quite offended if he walked around with anything BUT Cassius. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 8:20 AM
ABE FROMAN

8/25/14 8:28 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CalebByArmbar - 
DoubleWhiskey - I find it hard to believe not a single person close to Clay Collard has told him, "Hey, Clay... MAYBE "Cassius" isn't the best nickname for a caucasian rookie fighter."
Lol maybe you should go tell him to change it Phone Post 3.0

I think we should do a U.G fund raiser for OP to fly to Cassius' gym and tell him, to his face, to change his nickname because he isn't worthy. Also, it needs to be documented via video.

8/25/14 8:51 AM
Xuh
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoubleWhiskey - I find it hard to believe not a single person close to Clay Collard has told him, "Hey, Clay... MAYBE "Cassius" isn't the best nickname for a caucasian rookie fighter."

Cassius is a European name.
which is in a roundabout way why Ali changed it.

I get what you're saying though... but 'Cassius Clay Collard' has a nice ring to it... would be hard to resist.
Also it may be 'just a first name' & 'just another fighter's name' but it's one with mythic status in fighting circles so it still works.
8/25/14 3:03 PM
StocktonStickerSlap

The Power Double - Dude's a boxer named Clay. Not really sure what else you'd expect. It would basically be rude not to have that as his nickname Phone Post 3.0
Yes how rude of a white boxer to not use Muhammad's slave name as his nickname... Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 3:24 PM
Mihow
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StocktonStickerSlap - 
Yes how rude of a white boxer to not use Muhammad's slave name as his nickname... Phone Post 3.0

He was never a slave, stop it white person STAHP
8/25/14 3:28 PM
Karl Olsson
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent nickname and good performance.
Will watch again.
8/25/14 3:32 PM
TalkShowOnMute
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoyed watching the kid fight. I was, however, surprised that a fighter with that much boxing was winging out punches like that...often off- balance with his hands low Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 3:44 PM
Ministry of Truth

CalebByArmbar - 
DoubleWhiskey - I find it hard to believe not a single person close to Clay Collard has told him, "Hey, Clay... MAYBE "Cassius" isn't the best nickname for a caucasian rookie fighter."
Lol maybe you should go tell him to change it Phone Post 3.0

LOL. Only reply worth reading on this thread.
8/25/14 3:45 PM
Ministry of Truth

ABE FROMAN - 

Such bullshit. I don't see any scars on his face.
8/25/14 3:56 PM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye -
StocktonStickerSlap - I think it's weird seeing cassius clay t shirts or anything like that. Muhammad hated having that name, which is why he changed it. Phone Post 3.0
Technically he hated the name "Clay" since that was the slave owners name and forced upon his ancestors. Cassius was given to him by his parents, and therefore didn't have the same negative connotations. Phone Post 3.0
Why you good sir, are welcome back here Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 3:57 PM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StocktonStickerSlap -
His slave name was Clay not Cassius Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 4:35 PM
TheEmperorRises
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/sZywE0AT1qY Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 1:14 AM
SUPER HLUK
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you know he wasn't just called that in his gym, so it naturally became his nickname? How do you know it wasn't by black guys in his boxing gym? Have you been to a boxing gym? For the year I went, I was the only white person in the gym.
8/30/14 1:56 AM
The Power Double
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StocktonStickerSlap -
Interesting point Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 2:11 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devlin -
IZASH INDUSTRY - I'm not offended by it, but I do wonder why a fighter would want a nickname that references another fighter.
Yeah, especially a legend like Ali. Seems an arrogant thing to do, but i dont really care i'd watch him again happily Phone Post 3.0
Got a laugh outta this, 'Yeah, especially a legend like Ali.' So he shouldn't have chosen a legend? What, you'd have preferred Clay 'Guida' Collard? For realsies? Phone Post 3.0
8/30/14 2:38 AM
Mack Diesel

Racist Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.