UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> First real representation ive seen of 10th planet

8/25/14 6:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sagemma
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben saunders getting that omoplata was the first time I personally have seen eddie bravos system utilized the way eddie talks about it in a real mma fight. Ive always known it was effective but I guess no one was good enough at it or comfortable enough with it to really showcase the dynamic. Unorthodox system eddie has created

But Saunders got him to rubber, went to crackhead, effectivly shutdown any ground and pound, and then got the omoplata. It was classic 10th planet and im glad eddie was in his corner to really make the statement.

and I really hope we start to see more of eddies game come out. Its always fun to see new jiu jitsu moves utilized in the cage and 10th planet has a very entertaining style Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 6:24 AM
Slapsymaxi
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked how Briann Stann was explaining it, without using all the hipster names for position. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 6:51 AM
ShanTheMan
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about the twister?
8/25/14 6:52 AM
Kirik
1846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt 4 10th Planet

8/25/14 7:57 AM
TheUsualAuLait
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure took a while. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 8:18 AM
sockeye
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine if Rogan was the commentator for the fight? He was would jizzed his Affliction dragon jeans lol Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 8:22 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/14 8:22 AM
sockeye - Imagine if Rogan was the commentator for the fight? He was would jizzed his Affliction dragon jeans lol Phone Post 3.0

LOL! Classic. I still see people, Meatheads, with Affliction gear at UFC events.

8/25/14 8:47 AM
sagemma
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n0stripewhite - Yeah, it was a triangle to omoplata, just like every white belt drills at the beginning of every class ever. Phone Post 3.0
Lol well apparently you dont understand jiu jitsu Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 8:50 AM
sagemma

sagemma -
n0stripewhite - Yeah, it was a triangle to omoplata, just like every white belt drills at the beginning of every class ever. Phone Post 3.0
Lol well apparently you dont understand jiu jitsu Phone Post 3.0
If you think that was a triangle you need to step your knowledge up. Thats hilariously ignorant Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 9:13 AM
TheBritanniaFightClub
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bollocks Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 10:41 AM
brendan raedy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Vienna, VA
Slapsymaxi - I liked how Briann Stann was explaining it, without using all the hipster names for position. Phone Post 3.0

The names for the positions are pretty colorful, but it is a good way to avoid confusion and offer clear coaching. I think a lot of jiu jitsu systems should take their lead and more thoroughly codify their curriculum. 

8/25/14 10:44 AM
Snake D

n0stripewhite - Yeah, it was a triangle to omoplata, just like every white belt drills at the beginning of every class ever. Phone Post 3.0

Check again, Rickson.
8/25/14 10:50 AM
Bobby Lupo
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brendan raedy -
Slapsymaxi - I liked how Briann Stann was explaining it, without using all the hipster names for position. Phone Post 3.0

The names for the positions are pretty colorful, but it is a good way to avoid confusion and offer clear coaching. I think a lot of jiu jitsu systems should take their lead and more thoroughly codify their curriculum. 

I agree with this. Two coaches screaming the same thing can be confusing. Yell "Noguiera" and I'll look for an anaconda or "Sallavary" and I'll squeeze the body triangle, "Marcelo" and it's an armdrag. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 11:06 AM
x9uv
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/14 11:06 AM
<blockquote>ShanTheMan - <span id='userPost50594506' class='User-237624'>What about the twister?</span></blockquote><br />

although garcia still nearly won it on the judges cards
8/25/14 11:11 AM
Judge Mental
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't get all crazy you 10th planet nuthuggers. The finish was an Omoplata. Don't go thinking Eddie invented that.

The setup came from Rubber guard and it all originated from this guy. Eddie just tweaked it for NoGi and renamed it.

8/25/14 11:20 AM
BurnMyEyes
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was nino schembri in ben's corner and helping him train the rubber guard path to lead to the first omoplata in ufc history?I must of missed him
8/25/14 11:30 AM
brendan raedy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Vienna, VA
Judge Mental - 

Don't get all crazy you 10th planet nuthuggers. The finish was an Omoplata. Don't go thinking Eddie invented that.

The setup came from Rubber guard and it all originated from this guy. Eddie just tweaked it for NoGi and renamed it.

By your logic Nino didn't invent this position, he just took a judo move and tweaked it for BJJ.

8/25/14 12:14 PM
Ocean6

How many of Nino Schembri's students have finished an Omoplata in the UFC?
8/25/14 12:16 PM
Kenso
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judge Mental -

This Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:42 PM
Slapsymaxi
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
brendan raedy -

I agree with this. Two coaches screaming the same thing can be confusing. Yell "Noguiera" and I'll look for an anaconda or "Sallavary" and I'll squeeze the body triangle, "Marcelo" and it's an armdrag. Phone Post 3.0
I don't have a problem with coaches screaming coded instructions, I just think it hurts the product when Rogan, as the UFC representative, talks about 'crackhead' and 'mission control'. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:46 PM
lildragonof
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie has never claimed to invent submissions or even positions, Eddie has always said that he has been trying to make jujitsu better for mma. Thus 10th planet was born. Phone Post 3.0
8/25/14 12:58 PM
Judge Mental
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lildragonof - Eddie has never claimed to invent submissions or even positions, Eddie has always said that he has been trying to make jujitsu better for mma. Thus 10th planet was born. Phone Post 3.0

I know. I agree. Some of the fanboys don't quite get that though.

8/25/14 1:00 PM
brendan raedy

Black Belt, Vienna, VA
Slapsymaxi - 
Bobby Lupo -
brendan raedy -

I don't have a problem with coaches screaming coded instructions, I just think it hurts the product when Rogan, as the UFC representative, talks about 'crackhead' and 'mission control'. Phone Post 3.0

I think that is a fair criticism, at least for "retard control" and maybe a few other terms with the very PC types watching. Not saying I agree, I think people should have a sense of humor, but I get your point.

8/25/14 1:01 PM
brendan raedy

Black Belt, Vienna, VA
Judge Mental - 
lildragonof - Eddie has never claimed to invent submissions or even positions, Eddie has always said that he has been trying to make jujitsu better for mma. Thus 10th planet was born. Phone Post 3.0

I know. I agree. Some of the fanboys don't quite get that though.

That's not just 10th Planet though. You could level similar or even more pointed accusations at the Gracies themselves.

8/25/14 1:03 PM
Col Angus
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either in the JRE podcast with Rickson, or the vid after when Eggie is showing Rickson rubber guard, he credits Nino with helping him develop his game.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.