UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White apologizes for ref removal

27 days ago
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Officiating is one of the most contentious issues in mixed martial arts. Every fan wishes he or she could fire incompetent judges and refs. UFC president Dana White, a huge fan of the sport, did just that on Saturday night in Macau, removing judge Howard Hughes after two questionable decisions.

Under ordinary circumstances, a UFC event is entirely regulated by a State, provincial, or tribal regulating body. In Macau however, there is no government body regulating MMA, so the UFC self regulates, bringing in independent officials under the direction of former Executive Director of the Nevada Athletic Commission and current UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner. Unfortunately, the UFC ran two shows on Saturday, and Ratner was in Oklahoma not China. In the absence of Ratner coordinating regulation, White overstepped, and has apologized.

After an internal review, the UFC organization announced today that a breach of its independent regulatory protocol occurred on Saturday night during UFC FIGHT NIGHT MACAO.

After the second fight of the night, UFC President Dana White requested that Howard Hughes, one of the event's five assigned judges, be removed from working any further bouts. Pursuant to UFC's protocol, neither White nor any other UFC executive possesses such authority. Nevertheless, protocol was breached and Hughes did not work further bouts on Saturday night.

The UFC organization has always been in support of government regulation and oversight. Additionally, the UFC has established a protocol when required to self-regulate events due to the lack of an official athletic commission, federation or other regulatory body.  In those instances where UFC holds events in locations without a regulatory body, the UFC's protocol dictates that the organization's internal regulators will handle all commission functions independently and without interference by company executives or employees.

The UFC remains committed to maintaining the strictest regulatory environment for competition and vows that no similar breach of protocol will happen again.

Both White and the UFC apologize to Mr. Hughes for calling his professional judgment into question. Hughes has judged more than 25 UFC fight cards and the UFC looks forward to him working on its events again in the future.

Read entire statement...

27 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dougie
941 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...aaand here weee go!

27 days ago
AishOyyy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bird law in this country is not governed by reason

27 days ago
EckY
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
27 days ago
Pitbull3744
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously sorry for this rant

But enough is fucking enough.  This guy runs his damn mouth all the time, and like a 12 year old who runs his mouth comes back a day later and apologizes.  Its pathetic, jesus is this a business man and a full grown adult?  He is like a big child who is irrational and just plain silly.  Man this is fucking sad.   Dana needs to just dissapear into the background for real.  Great president but HORRIBLE front man and voice for the UFC.  

27 days ago
Garv
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Opposite of Bonnie and Clyde, Sensitive Artist

Here is insider footage of Dana discussing the issue with Lorenzo.

27 days ago
HandyDarsh
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha of Dana did that out of emotion, imagine what else he does that we don't find out about.

The media is under the impression that he has to tell the truth about every "inside scoop" but he simply does not. I'm sure he's done more controversial things that we will never find out about. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
gokudamus

Where is danas apology Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
chingluksuwa
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus - Where is danas apology Phone Post 3.0

Just what I was thinking
27 days ago
MDubz

Why should Dana have to apologize for this? He did the fighters for the rest of that card a favor by removing that incompetent goof. Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Kim Jong Uno

Hard worker, out of control ego, bullshit apology, nothing to see here
27 days ago
Pitbull3744

chingluksuwa - 

Just what I was thinking

Both White and the UFC apologize to Mr. Hughes for calling his professional judgment into question

Thats about as good as it gets from Happy Gilmore.
27 days ago
Damirion
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ref removal? Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
kyle223
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garv -

Here is insider footage of Dana discussing the issue with Lorenzo.

I lol every time Phone Post 3.0
27 days ago
Pitbull3744

MDubz - Why should Dana have to apologize for this? He did the fighters for the rest of that card a favor by removing that incompetent goof. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe because you expect the president of the UFC to have SOME professionalism and act accordinly sometimes!

27 days ago
chingluksuwa
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
chingluksuwa - 

Just what I was thinking

Both White and the UFC apologize to Mr. Hughes for calling his professional judgment into question

Thats about as good as it gets from Happy Gilmore.

Yeah I know.... Seeing a vid of him apologizing would have just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside is all
27 days ago
RyannVonDoom

Interesting... Personally I dont believe he should have to. What he did was just. 

27 days ago
Pitbull3744

RyannVonDoom - 

Interesting... Personally I dont believe he should have to. What he did was just. 

You are somewhat right but again the guy has to be a professional about these things.  IMagine Bud Selig getting rid of an umpire and calling him names and questioning his knowledge etc etc.  You cant do that shit.  

27 days ago
RyannVonDoom

Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

You are somewhat right but again the guy has to be a professional about these things.  IMagine Bud Selig getting rid of an umpire and calling him names and questioning his knowledge etc etc.  You cant do that shit.  

Yes, you can... specially when you're the one who brought someone over. It's about time the judges had some accountability.. I thought dudieva won, but not  30/27. 

27 days ago
Pitbull3744

RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

Yes, you can... specially when you're the one who brought someone over. It's about time the judges had some accountability.. I thought dudieva won, but not  30/27. 

Wait so you are saying its ok to be irrational, emotional, insulting and overall act like a child as the president and face of a company?

27 days ago
RyannVonDoom

Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

Wait so you are saying its ok to be irrational, emotional, insulting and overall act like a child as the president and face of a company?

Have you not paid attention dana? 

27 days ago
Porkchop

RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

Dana broke the UFC's rules. He doesn't have the authority to do that. Didn't you read the article?
27 days ago
Pitbull3744

RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

Im beginning to think you have a reading comprehension problem.  I asked you the above question and you respond with have i not paid attention to Dana, as if that answers the question lol.   

27 days ago
Porkchop

Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

Im beginning to think you have a reading comprehension problem.  I asked you the above question and you respond with have i not paid attention to Dana, as if that answers the question lol.   

I think he means that Dana is all of those things.

He has a bit of a point there, but rules is rules. Even BLAF himself needs to follow the rules. They exist for a reason.
27 days ago
RyannVonDoom

Porkchop - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 
Pitbull3744 - 
RyannVonDoom - 

Dana broke the UFC's rules. He doesn't have the authority to do that. Didn't you read the article?

Yes. I did. I still think what he did was just. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.