UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dillashaw: I want to become a legend

8/26/14 7:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TJ Dillashaw scored one of the biggest upsets ever when he defeated Renan Barao for the UFC bantamweight championship. Now less than a week out from a rematch with Barao, TJ Dillashaw hopes to cement the first win and his legacy:

"It's a tough situation.  After I beat him on Aug. 30, he's going to have a long road to try and get back to the title," Dillashaw said.  "I think I'm going to expose him as a fighter in general and other fighters are going to take advantage of that."

Following his rematch with Barao, the champion is then prepared to move onto much bigger and better things.  Dillashaw isn't in the UFC to become the most popular fighter or the biggest name on the marquee.  He wants to be the best there's ever been while conquering multiple weight classes and putting his name alongside other icons of the Octagon.

As poet John Dryden once wrote, "Kings fight for empires, madmen for applause."  Dillashaw is ready to officially begin his reign at UFC 177.

"I want to become a legend," Dillashaw said.  "I want to be pound-for-pound best in the world.  I want to shoot for two belts and do stuff that's hall of fame material."

read entire article...

8/26/14 7:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Libero21
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be cool to see Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 8:01 PM
xsrg95
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's already locked to be in the hall of fame. he's a ufc champion. as long as he doesn't piss the ufc/dana white off.
8/26/14 8:16 PM
ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xsrg95 - he's already locked to be in the hall of fame. he's a ufc champion. as long as he doesn't piss the ufc/dana white off.
Every person that gets the belt will not be in the hall of fame. If he goes on and wins a bunch sure. But of he loses no Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 8:18 PM
Dana Stern

He could easily follow Frankie Edgar in that he wins a bunch of fights that people think he shouldn't and go down as one of the best for awhile. He's a likable guy and would be cool to see. Phone Post
8/26/14 8:23 PM
Cann
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to see rounds 6-10 of this fight. I see Dillashaw taking it again, unless Barao drastically changes his gameplan.
8/26/14 8:45 PM
ProctorMMA
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Barao wins.
8/26/14 9:17 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think TJ takes it. 

Not enough time for Barao to adjust and improve.  I don't understand why Barao is not fighting a Top-10 opponent or two before the rematch, for his own benefit.

8/26/14 9:21 PM
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo)
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

add 30- 40 lbs then.
8/26/14 11:02 PM
BeauTown

I look at this guy and still don't beleive he is champ, I'm betting on barao this weekend Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 11:06 PM
Pessimist_Pete

ChrisWeidmanLEGitWon -
xsrg95 - he's already locked to be in the hall of fame. he's a ufc champion. as long as he doesn't piss the ufc/dana white off.
Every person that gets the belt will not be in the hall of fame. If he goes on and wins a bunch sure. But of he loses no Phone Post 3.0
Wrong. Every champion gets in, including Sonnen because he's the people's champion. Phone Post 3.0
8/26/14 11:11 PM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excuse me, but I think you are referring to Tito Ortiz, or maybe even Apollo Creed. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/14 3:19 AM
PeaceThroughStrength

BeauTown - I look at this guy and still don't beleive he is champ, I'm betting on barao this weekend Phone Post 3.0

Oh yeah, only if he didn't punch him in the face Barao would still be champ.
8/27/14 3:23 AM
Gulping the LayNBaderade
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeauTown - I look at this guy and still don't beleive he is champ, I'm betting on barao this weekend Phone Post 3.0

one of the lamest trolls on here
8/27/14 4:01 AM
T.K.O.
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeauTown - I look at this guy and still don't beleive he is champ, I'm betting on barao this weekend Phone Post 3.0
So delusional and annoying like all of Alpha Male, I'll be so glad when Barao shuts Dillashaw up and when Jose silences Chad 's big mouth. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/14 4:08 AM
esque
657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If TJ can perform consistently he have potential to be one of the greats. On JRE he said he can make 125. Holy shit what a fight TJ vs DJ would be! Phone Post 3.0
8/27/14 8:11 AM
Y2JB

I think Barao will be arrogant and just think he got caught and therefore doesn't need to make changes. TJ will then tool him in exactly the same way as before.

Also this rematch and the UFC's rematch policy in general is stupid. Barao should have been forced to have a fight or two before coming for the belt again. I'm so sick of endless rematches, RR hype and being told the I HAVE to love the 125lb div or i'm not a fan of the sport. Sort it out UFC FFS.
8/27/14 9:07 AM
BenBJJ
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/14 9:18 AM
Black Belt, Sydney, NSW, Aus.

Legends don't say that they are legends and real legends never would say they want to be a legend. They just are. TJ isn't. 

8/27/14 9:21 AM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^
This guy dictates who's going to be a legend or not. Better watch what you say! Phone Post 3.0
8/27/14 9:46 AM
BenBJJ
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Sydney, NSW, Aus.
Kimbos Lice - ^^^^
This guy dictates who's going to be a legend or not. Better watch what you say! Phone Post 3.0

Correct!
8/27/14 10:39 AM
VinegarStrokes
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.K.O. - 
BeauTown - I look at this guy and still don't beleive he is champ, I'm betting on barao this weekend Phone Post 3.0
So delusional and annoying like all of Alpha Male, I'll be so glad when Barao shuts Dillashaw up and when Jose silences Chad 's big mouth. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think Dillashaw can be called delusional when he not only dominated but TKO'd the former champ.

Delusional would be making excuses about getting destroyed and then wanting an instant rematch.

8/27/14 11:29 AM
esque
657 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Brazilian Flu - I would mark so hard if he changed his name to TJ KILL EM ALL DILLLLLLLAAAAASHAWW Phone Post 3.0
Holy shit that's fantastic. Phone Post 3.0
8/27/14 6:44 PM
jiujitsumstr

Either it was a fluke or TJ is really that good. I am going to give Barano the benefit of the doubt that he didn't take this fight seriously.
8/27/14 6:46 PM
esque

jiujitsumstr - Either it was a fluke or TJ is really that good. I am going to give Barano the benefit of the doubt that he didn't take this fight seriously.
Banano imo Phone Post 3.0
8/27/14 9:09 PM
VinegarStrokes
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will TJ win again, I don't know. Can he? The way he showed world class footwork and movement in that first fight sure. If he does that and stays composed he can absolutely do it again. He needs to be aware of Barao being able to change the fight with one punch though. If he gets over confident he can get caught.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.