UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can Gegard stop Jacare?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/31/14 3:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
T.K.O.
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's been on a tear, submissions and T/KO, Jacare I mean. Besides the upkick which would be illegal in UFC, Jacare was winning that fight. I don't see anyone beating him and certainly don't see how Gegard can deal with his grappling, I'm thinking he's going to get submitted or lose by decision. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:03 PM
Galanis
1473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Gegard TKOs him

8/31/14 3:04 PM
T.K.O.
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gulping the LayNBaderade - Yes. I think Jacare looked very "meh" against Carmont. If that same Jacare shows up, it's a win for Gerard (Butler)
His only problem was he waited too long into the round to go for submissions. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:09 PM
Toki Wartooth
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Y'all need to learn:

...ain't no one stopping this monster!

8/31/14 3:10 PM
T.K.O.

Toki Wartooth -

Y'all need to learn:

...ain't no one stopping this monster!

He hasn't done that in a while. Vu Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:13 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Considering he already has, I would say it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:17 PM
T.K.O.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Considering he already has, I would say it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
A lucky upkick shouldn't count, he can't do that again. Plus he'd be a grounded opponent in UFC. Jacare would have submitted him if he wasn't being so careless. Take the Jacare with the grappling and subs and add in his much better striking, I don't see how he can lose. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:21 PM
SRTGEO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.K.O. -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Considering he already has, I would say it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
A lucky upkick shouldn't count, he can't do that again. Plus he'd be a grounded opponent in UFC. Jacare would have submitted him if he wasn't being so careless. Take the Jacare with the grappling and subs and add in his much better striking, I don't see how he can lose. Phone Post 3.0
He wasn't grounded in the first fight. Jacare would be lucky if he continues to pass ped tests. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:24 PM
T.K.O.

SRTGEO -
T.K.O. -
He wasn't grounded in the first fight. Jacare would be lucky if he continues to pass ped tests. Phone Post 3.0
Jacare has been fighting over 10 years and has never been popped for or accused of taking any form of peds. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:35 PM
Harrie Nak

You guys are underestimating Gegard's ground game. I wonder if some of you have even seen the first fight.
8/31/14 3:45 PM
T.K.O.

Harrie Nak - You guys are underestimating Gegard's ground game. I wonder if some of you have even seen the first fight.
He got taken down, kept Jacare in half then butterfly and caught him with an upkick? There wasn't much there of Gegard's ground game, he's certainly not going to submit Jacare if that's what you're getting at. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:49 PM
Toki Wartooth
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harrie Nak - You guys are underestimating Gegard's ground game. I wonder if some of you have even seen the first fight.
Yeah and how is Gerard going to hide from a TD with a cage?

Jacare has to work way harder in a ring to secure a takedown than in a cage. He'll back Gerard to the wall and drag him down and put him to sleep. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 3:50 PM
T.K.O.

Toki Wartooth -
Yeah and how is Gerard going to hide from a TD with a cage?

Jacare has to work way harder in a ring to secure a takedown than in a cage. He'll back Gerard to the wall and drag him down and put him to sleep. Phone Post 3.0
Gegard held on for dear life to the ropes in that fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 5:19 PM
Ocean6
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the Alligator will win but calling that upkick lucky is just wrong.

If you practice for it, look for it, see the opportunity, and then deliver it perfectly,

HOW IS THAT LUCKY???
8/31/14 5:34 PM
T.K.O.

Ocean6 - I think the Alligator will win but calling that upkick lucky is just wrong.

If you practice for it, look for it, see the opportunity, and then deliver it perfectly,

HOW IS THAT LUCKY???
The fact you can land something so rare is in itself lucky. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 6:28 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare was not grounded. It's also pretty absurd to equate that upkick to luck. That was a very technical kick, and had obviously been trained.

He bated jacare by throwing a slower kick first. Intended to make him think it was safe to jump in once the kick was extended. Then faster than jacare could drop down, Gegard recoiled and hit him with a considerably faster and harder kick.

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=gegard-mousasi-ronaldo-souza-jacare-gif.gif Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 6:31 PM
xsrg95
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't wait for this fight, fight night.
8/31/14 6:34 PM
jiujitsu100
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These are two absolute beasts, no one is getting an easy win here, so glad it is 5 rounds.

And yeah Jacare looked average against Carmont, and Gegard looked incredible in his last fight. But that said Jacare is a very special kind of fighter.

Gonna be a barn burner
8/31/14 6:44 PM
indianrob

The fact is jacare is a much improved fighter now and Gerard is kinda the same. I think jacare stops him in this fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 6:47 PM
eXtv
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare's striking is still super basic (overhand right, rinse/repeat) and his cardio is definitely going to suffer past Round 2.

Do I think Gegard finishes him? No idea. Just putting some facts out there.
8/31/14 6:51 PM
ku3mm3t
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That upkick KO would be legal by UFC standards as well.

Jacare was mid-air, coming down with a punch and got caught. Nothing grounded or illegal about it.

I think Mousasi finishes him again.

8/31/14 7:12 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Mousasi wins this and I predict he will look very bored in the process. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 7:15 PM
sgotwalks
2107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ever have one of those days where all of your posts end up at the very bottom of the page? I am having one today. 

Sure he can finish him. He could also be finished. These are two great fighters and anything can happen when you put two great fighters in there together. I love the fight game!

8/31/14 7:21 PM
BJTT_MrAntichrist
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be a great fight, gonna go with Jacare Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 7:29 PM
cleophus
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Jacare was not grounded. It's also pretty absurd to equate that upkick to luck. That was a very technical kick, and had obviously been trained.

He bated jacare by throwing a slower kick first. Intended to make him think it was safe to jump in once the kick was extended. Then faster than jacare could drop down, Gegard recoiled and hit him with a considerably faster and harder kick.

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=gegard-mousasi-ronaldo-souza-jacare-gif.gif Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.