UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can Gegard stop Jacare?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/31/14 7:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sort891
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He certainly CAN stop him... Lately, though, one of Gegard's greatest strengths has also been a weakness... He is so calm and relaxed, but sometimes too relaxed. As a fan, I get a bit frustrated hoping for more output! Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 8:02 PM
T.K.O.
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Fella - Great fight, very excited to see how this one is going to play out...

I'm gonna give the slight advantage to Gegard....

btw is this a 5 rounder? ....if not ..UFC needs to make it one!
I believe so. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 8:03 PM
T.K.O.
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Fella - Great fight, very excited to see how this one is going to play out...

I'm gonna give the slight advantage to Gegard....

btw is this a 5 rounder? ....if not ..UFC needs to make it one!
Pretty sure all main events are 5 rounds automatically Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 8:05 PM
MasterofMartialArts
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the fuck is Gerard? Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 8:08 PM
AdmiralCackbar
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare by sub Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 8:12 PM
willienugget
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toki Wartooth - 
Harrie Nak - You guys are underestimating Gegard's ground game. I wonder if some of you have even seen the first fight.
Yeah and how is Gerard going to hide from a TD with a cage?

Jacare has to work way harder in a ring to secure a takedown than in a cage. He'll back Gerard to the wall and drag him down and put him to sleep. Phone Post 3.0

I thought the same thing but Gegard looked pretty slick against Munoz. Stuffed multiple shots. Munoz even picked him off the ground with a double and couldn't finish.
8/31/14 8:45 PM
T.K.O.

How can you compare Mark Munoz to Jacare Souza? Two completely different skill sets. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 9:01 PM
Team Blackhouse Fan

I like to think gegard has improved his focus on staying away from bottom position but jacare has improved too. 50/50 fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 9:08 PM
hendofanforlife(LMBBchamp!)
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

totally legal in the UFC too. 

8/31/14 9:13 PM
SykChyld

Jac anyway he wants it Jac will be champ. I ride Jac more than almost anyone.... that man will be champ. Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 9:21 PM
KingMeNow

I think op meant "will he". Phone Post 3.0
8/31/14 9:33 PM
doerksenfan
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/14 9:38 PM
Jacare has looked really good lately, but he's definitely beatable. Lawler rocked him badly in their fight before finally getting overpowered, Kennedy gave him a competitive fight everywhere, and Rockhold showed that he was beatable if you can keep the fight standing. Carmont had success in the 3rd round as well.

Mousasi showed improved wrestling against OSP, though it is hard to gauge where it is after Machida grounded him - though Lyoto is a good MMA wrestler in his own right. Mousasi is also the better striker. The 5 round factor is the wildcard.
8/31/14 9:56 PM
whitesun
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread made it so far ? Wow!

Anyways here it goes..

First off I don't know how to post pics.

I'm curious if anyone else has notices how much Jacare has changed. He is completely shredded now. He was always muscular, but his definition has really changed. Similar to Vitors. Look at Vitor when he fought Terry Martin or Hendo, and compare his build to his physic now. Look at Jacare when he fought Mousassi and then him at yesterday's weigh ins
8/31/14 10:10 PM
JosselEmin

I believe Jacare is gonna make a statement in this fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 2:35 AM
Non N00B
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ku3mm3t - That upkick KO would be legal by UFC standards as well.

Jacare was mid-air, coming down with a punch and got caught. Nothing grounded or illegal about it.

I think Mousasi finishes him again.

Yes but the reason Mousasi used to throw so many up kicks in other organizations was because there was NO FEAR of getting DQ'd. He has used them in the UFC and ill timed them and gotten in trouble for it. I think it's a dumbass rule, and really limits the guy on the bottom, but I wouldnt expect to see him trying to use them as much without thinking about it first.
9/1/14 2:41 AM
deezlemike
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moose all day, gonna be a great fight though. Most likely winner of this one will get title shot right? Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 3:03 AM
T.K.O.

deezlemike - Moose all day, gonna be a great fight though. Most likely winner of this one will get title shot right? Phone Post 3.0
One would think that is the case. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 3:22 AM
GretchenBonnerScreennamedMyAss

I think if he can come in with better wrestling, striking and submissions he can beat him. Just IMHO Phone Post
9/1/14 4:54 PM
sakurabasHeadBeatAronasKnee
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.K.O. -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Considering he already has, I would say it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
A lucky upkick shouldn't count, he can't do that again. Plus he'd be a grounded opponent in UFC. Jacare would have submitted him if he wasn't being so careless. Take the Jacare with the grappling and subs and add in his much better striking, I don't see how he can lose. Phone Post 3.0
Yes Moussasi get submitted on the regular Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 5:12 PM
caseharts
500 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.K.O. -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Considering he already has, I would say it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
A lucky upkick shouldn't count, he can't do that again. Plus he'd be a grounded opponent in UFC. Jacare would have submitted him if he wasn't being so careless. Take the Jacare with the grappling and subs and add in his much better striking, I don't see how he can lose. Phone Post 3.0
'Lucky' Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 5:44 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jac will probably win, but i'll pull for mous

9/1/14 11:34 PM
T.K.O.

After watching the Countdown I'm even more confident in Jacare now, Gegard is training takedown defense, but Jacare WILL get him down and the fact he's not working on his wrestling and grappling and BJJ will hurt him. Either Jacare subs him or wins by decision. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:25 AM
Dr Doom
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick wasn't 'lucky', nor was it even close to illegal under UFC rules, but it isn't going to happen again either.

All that fight proves is that while Jacare should probably be the clear betting favourite, Gegard is a dangerous motherfucker that only a fool would count out of any fight.
9/2/14 12:28 AM
caseharts
500 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.K.O. - After watching the Countdown I'm even more confident in Jacare now, Gegard is training takedown defense, but Jacare WILL get him down and the fact he's not working on his wrestling and grappling and BJJ will hurt him. Either Jacare subs him or wins by decision. Phone Post 3.0
I fully expect mousasi to sub jacare now Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:33 AM
T.K.O.

caseharts -
T.K.O. - After watching the Countdown I'm even more confident in Jacare now, Gegard is training takedown defense, but Jacare WILL get him down and the fact he's not working on his wrestling and grappling and BJJ will hurt him. Either Jacare subs him or wins by decision. Phone Post 3.0
I fully expect mousasi to sub jacare now Phone Post 3.0
That's really funny. Gegard has 3 losses by submission and Jacare none. I just don't see that happening, hell he'd knock Jacare out before that happens, if he does Jacare Rockhold 2 is set up. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.