UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DANA Should Sign MG And Askren For UFC Debuts

8/31/14 10:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hargreaves
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsi1Yvc5QuA

If I had to pick I say Marcelo wins

Who wins this fight?
8/31/14 11:10 PM
Hargreaves
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo interview saying there is a chance of a MMA return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChM2Z1Mz2fg

hope he returns

8/31/14 11:11 PM
Galanis
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In MMA I think Ben would win in 2014 - he is really starting to put together his ground and pound... but Marcelo is amazing. But yeah they're pretty far apart in weight no?

8/31/14 11:12 PM
Galanis
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/14 11:15 PM

Also, that interview was from 4 years ago.. Personally I don't think we'll see MG fight MMA again, which is a huge bummer.

8/31/14 11:17 PM
Hargreaves

Edited: 08/31/14 11:28 PM

hope he makes a return to gain some sub of the night bonuses

start him slow and build him up
8/31/14 11:48 PM
crowbar
821 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Askren.

BJJ alone doesn`t automatically translate to having success in the UFC.

8/31/14 11:57 PM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khalidov needs to be signed already too.

9/1/14 12:07 AM
Hargreaves

very true crowbar but MG was tooling the guy in his last MMA bout who out weighed him until the rd restart.

MG is the exception he trained full time at att giving people fits from what I hear.

can anybody here tell storys about MG training MMA and what they thought and just how good he truly was?

9/1/14 12:09 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ben is under contract w one fc
9/1/14 12:29 AM
thegreatone287
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The issue I have read up is MG didn't train with gloves when rolling for his MMA fight. So when it came to fight time he was having trouble adjusting. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 12:31 AM
Hargreaves

pretty sure the gloves was why he changed to north south chokes and guillotines .

blue names for the vids
9/1/14 12:51 AM
T.K.O.
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should sign Shinya Aoki, all he does is sub guys, not lay and pray. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 12:58 AM
GaspareBJJ
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MG torn his ACL, he hasn't competed in BJJ for awhile. I don't see him doing MMA Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 1:01 AM
Hargreaves

oh for sure sign Shinya also
9/1/14 1:14 AM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.K.O. - They should sign Shinya Aoki, all he does is sub guys, not lay and pray. Phone Post 3.0
They tried to sign Aoki last year but he turned down the contract. I'm pretty sure he makes too much money in OneFC. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 3:25 AM
T.K.O.
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong -
T.K.O. - They should sign Shinya Aoki, all he does is sub guys, not lay and pray. Phone Post 3.0
They tried to sign Aoki last year but he turned down the contract. I'm pretty sure he makes too much money in OneFC. Phone Post 3.0
Oh did they? Well no worries then, I thought they just ignored him, as far as I know ONE FC do not reveal payrolls. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 12:22 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sekundarburnes -
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 

But maybe also because he knows how embarrassingly non-competitive a UFC fight would be for him
What are you talking about? His only losses in the last 5 years were against Melendez and Eddie Alvarez (who he beat prior). He has gone 16-2 during that time with wins Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 2:08 PM
EKPOGI
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hopefully they match up Marcelo vs a dude with vicious KO power,i'd like to see ala Maia vs Nate Marquadt
9/1/14 6:55 PM
ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's retired from bjj competition, he's not a young man anymore and mma is a young man's sport. Sadly I don't think we will ever see it, he seems focused on his academy and family, good for him. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 9:25 PM
Hargreaves

MG is only 31 born 1983

thats hardly old

I hope he gets an offer he can't refuse even if it's just a shot on TUF.

9/1/14 10:42 PM
FatFrenchFry
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weight class do you think he'd be best suited for? Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 10:53 PM
Hargreaves

155lbs or 170lb
9/1/14 11:35 PM
IronWill

sekundarburnes -

But maybe also because he knows how embarrassingly non-competitive a UFC fight would be for him
What are you talking about? His only losses in the last 5 years were against Melendez and Eddie Alvarez (who he beat prior). He has gone 16-2 during that time with wins Phone Post 3.0
Lmao, do you base everything of records? Alvarez and Melendez are the only top ten guys he has fought on that run and against Eddie he looked like a complete clown. The worst striking I have ever seen from a "high level" fighter. His sub game is slick but he isn't taking down 90% of UFC's LW division and wouldn't be able to handle the heavy top game of guys like Khabib, Miller or Bendo, I think all 3 could stop him via GNP, even Bendo.

He would get KTFO fast in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
9/1/14 11:43 PM
CerronePoundsOnMeStrong

IronWill -
sekundarburnes -

Lmao, do you base everything of records? Alvarez and Melendez are the only top ten guys he has fought on that run and against Eddie he looked like a complete clown. The worst striking I have ever seen from a "high level" fighter. His sub game is slick but he isn't taking down 90% of UFC's LW division and wouldn't be able to handle the heavy top game of guys like Khabib, Miller or Bendo, I think all 3 could stop him via GNP, even Bendo.

Ok, kid. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:21 AM
IronWill

IronWill -
sekundarburnes -

Ok, kid. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, dismissing the points and backing out of an argument is easier than admitting you're wrong. I get it. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.