UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DANA Should Sign MG And Askren For UFC Debuts

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/2/14 11:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hargreaves - MG is only 31 born 1983

thats hardly old

I hope he gets an offer he can't refuse even if it's just a shot on TUF.

He's definitely not young though. At this point he would need to win fights for a couple of years before anybody took interest, barring no injuries he would be in his mid thirties by the time a big org really took interest in him. Sure I'd love to see him compete, but he seems intent on taking the backseat now, his legacy is set in stone and he's successful. No need to get his head smashed for money he doesn't need. Sucks but that's the only way I can see it. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:52 PM
ColeMillerATT
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC, Black Belt, Macon, GA
thegreatone287 - The issue I have read up is MG didn't train with gloves when rolling for his MMA fight. So when it came to fight time he was having trouble adjusting. Phone Post 3.0
I was there for MG preparing for all his MMA fights he was supposed to have. He was training with MMA gloves. Guys his level prepare and know the differences from just BJJ going in. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 12:53 PM
ColeMillerATT
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC, Black Belt, Macon, GA
MG is also in a huge knee brace from ACL surgery. So if he returns I doubt it'll be 2014 or '15 to Mma. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 3:24 PM
Seats Taken
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcelo makes more doing a Saturday seminar than he would in the UFC. The guys an established business owner and a BJJ legend, he has no need to fight MMA. Phone Post 3.0
9/2/14 5:10 PM
kying418
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's actually 32 (all the internet sites and wikipedia are wrong), and will be 33 in January.

He just suffered a torn ACL, and had surgery 6 weeks ago. Most likely, he won't even be able to train anything until November or later.

As a friend and student of Marcelo's, I love the fact that people continue to bring him up and remember his amazing grappling prowess.

Unfortunately for MMA fans, Marcelo tried his hardest to make MMA work...his lack of fights was due to shady promotion (Dreams/K1) locking him into a contract, then not delivering on both money and fights.

This was back in 2007-8 time frame. Nowadays, I think he is very happy sticking with grappling, teaching, and raising his family (1 year old daughter).

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.